CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,114 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Patricia Grohman says

Love CSI NY – love Vegas ,so so please keep both on – donot like Miami CSI never watch it – never miss the other two shows

2. Marilyn Kubiak says

Please do not cancel c s I New York it’s one of the best shows on t v. the reason it lost viewers is because you CHANGED THE NIGHT IT WAS ON, WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THAT WITH SHOWS? I T does not help ratings.

3. Marianne says

How do you figure people aren’t watching CSI NY, out of all of them CSI Miami was the worst. I love the NY and original (miss Grissom) but really enjoy Ted Danson. Wasn’t too crazy about Lawrence Fishburne tho. Take Vegas off and put CSI NY back in the time slot.

4. Joanne says

What happened to CSI: NY? I am tired of good shows just disappearing from the air waves.
    I don’t get it. Even if the show start having low ratings, we the viewer should be told if the show is going to be off for more than two weeks, drop like hot pancakes or cancelled.

You (Creators, Writers and Producers) should informed the viewers. I love CSU: NY and it’s cast very much! Please just tell me if it will be returning.

Thank you for the respect that I deserve.

Joanne

5. Nancy says

Please keep it on. It’s one of the more entertaining shows on tv right now. Our family has watched all the seasons and would like to continue watching it.

6. Rosanna says

Please don’t cancel the show!!!! I love watching it, the actors are a great bunch of people !!!! I look forward to Friday night, just so I can get my CSI NY fix…..please don’t cancel ii !!!!

7. says

Move it to a new nite Tuesday after the NCIS duo would be great! Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue do not fit the CSI mold so if any CSI needs to GO it’s that one, just need to find a place for Stokes (Eads)!

8. Bill says

As Bob said Move it to Weds. or Thurs. nite! Maybe even Tues after the NCIS Duo! Also if any of the CSI’s should have went it ‘s the original Vegas one! Ted Danson, Please just doesn’t fit the persona and neither does Karate Kid Girl, Shue.