Cancelled & Renewed CW TV Shows for 2011-12

Ringer TV show on CWThe CW is the smallest of the major networks and programs the fewest number of timeslots. That doesn’t mean that any show is safe from the chopping block. Is your favorite CW TV series returning or has it already been cancelled? What TV shows have been renewed for another season?

Here’s a list of all of the regular CW TV shows that have aired (or are expected to air) during the 2011-12 season (roughly September 2011 โ€“ August 2012).

Using this “cheat sheet” you can tell where your favorite CW TV series stands; how many episodes are in the current season, when it’ll be back on the air and, of course, if it’s already been renewed or cancelled.

If you can’t find a particular CW program on this list, it may have been cancelled last season (2010-11) or perhaps the one before (2009-10). For a list of cancelled shows from all networks, you can go here. It may also be possible that we missed something so feel free to let us know in the comments below.

Click here for a more recent list or, to view past lists.

Here are listings for the other networks: ABC | CBS | FOX | NBC

TV showsCurrent/latest seasonStatus
902104 (24 eps, aired)renewed for season 5
America's Next Top Model19 (13 eps)debuts 8/24/12
Breaking Pointe1 (6 eps, aired)not cancelled or renewed yet
The Catalina1 (6 eps, aired)not cancelled or renewed yet
The Frame1 (0 eps)production cancelled
Gossip Girl5 (24 eps, aired)renewed for season 6 (final)
H8R1 (13 eps but only 4 aired)cancelled
Hart of Dixie1 (22 eps, aired)renewed for season 2
The L.A. Complex2 (7 eps)not cancelled or renewed yet
The Next: Fame Is at Your Door1 (10 eps)not cancelled or renewed yet
Nikita2 (23 eps, aired)renewed for season 3
Oh Sit!1 (10 eps)not cancelled or renewed yet
One Tree Hill9 (13 eps, aired)series finale aired 4/4/12
Remodeled1 (8 eps, aired)cancelled
Ringer1 (22 eps, aired)cancelled
The Secret Circle1 (22 eps, aired)cancelled
Supernatural7 (23 eps, aired)renewed for season 8
The Vampire Diaries3 (22 eps, aired)renewed for season 4

What do you think? Which CW TV shows won’t be renewed? Are there any that you wish would be cancelled?

{ 30 comments }

Jan Nichols March 3, 2012 at 4:23 am

Please do not cancel The Gifted Man – my favorite show

Ben4Six March 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I am catching up on Ringer. Missed it when it first aired. i am gaining.

I can say, Andrew is either the only person who is not a liar ….. or he is secretly orchestrating the whole bizaar thing.

Big SMG fan!

lulu February 29, 2012 at 1:56 pm

i REALLY hope they keep Ringer!!! its the best!!

Melody February 27, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Please, don’t cancel Hart of Dixie. This is the best new show of the year. My friends and I have a standing dinner date every Monday just because of this show.

Ana February 21, 2012 at 9:29 am

I am in love with Ringer, especially because Sarah Michelle is in it, it always leaves me wanting to know more! They should bring it back for a second season, if not they should bring it back for a few more episodes and give it a proper ending, out of respect for the viewers!

Marita February 18, 2012 at 8:38 am

Please keep Hart of Dixie

Bethany February 10, 2012 at 7:49 am

I have never been much of a CW watcher, and if you have read any of my posts on here, I watch TONS of tv. This season I got hooked. They need to renew Heart of Dixie before its too late. That show is the first one that brought me back to the network. Also Secret Circle is a must renew IMHO. I also watch every episode of Ringer, however my gut tells me that if renewed, it will be gone within a year. I love the show, but the rest of my family who were watching with me all season have gotten bored with it.

Stas February 8, 2012 at 9:05 am

I don’t think there will be another season for Ringer anyway. As long as they show the first season, c’mon, it’s a good TV show, so much better-written that all those stupid American comedies/sitcoms.

Time2TalkTV February 1, 2012 at 9:41 am

I think GG is a safe bet for a final season 6 renewal from what The CW boss has recently said in the press – http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gossip-girl-100-episodes-leighton-meester-285716
and this show appears to make The CW a lot of money through syndication etc.

In regards to the new shows that are in their first season’s. I’m sorry to say they are all really struggling apart from The Secret Circle.

kevin January 27, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Supernatural is the best show on Tv ..but it’s pissing me off big time now . The last 2 weeks have been reruns. They just cameback from a month break at the beginning of Januaray and already repeats !!! . I love Supernatural but it’s been going down hill since Eric Kripie left as showrunner. And as the for them developing a sex and the city prequal ?? really why ?? why couldn’t the CW pick up Human Target and pair it with Ringer or Nikita ? sex and the city ended like along time ago and was only popular cause it was on HBO and they can show nudity.

Paula January 21, 2012 at 9:36 am

Please tell me when ringer season finale starts!!!!!!!

admin January 21, 2012 at 11:27 am