Cancelled & Renewed CW TV Shows for 2011-12

Ringer TV show on CWThe CW is the smallest of the major networks and programs the fewest number of timeslots. That doesn’t mean that any show is safe from the chopping block. Is your favorite CW TV series returning or has it already been cancelled? What TV shows have been renewed for another season?

Here’s a list of all of the regular CW TV shows that have aired (or are expected to air) during the 2011-12 season (roughly September 2011 โ€“ August 2012).

Using this “cheat sheet” you can tell where your favorite CW TV series stands; how many episodes are in the current season, when it’ll be back on the air and, of course, if it’s already been renewed or cancelled.

If you can’t find a particular CW program on this list, it may have been cancelled last season (2010-11) or perhaps the one before (2009-10). For a list of cancelled shows from all networks, you can go here. It may also be possible that we missed something so feel free to let us know in the comments below.

Click here for a more recent list or, to view past lists.

Here are listings for the other networks: ABC | CBS | FOX | NBC

TV showsCurrent/latest seasonStatus
902104 (24 eps, aired)renewed for season 5
America's Next Top Model19 (13 eps)debuts 8/24/12
Breaking Pointe1 (6 eps, aired)not cancelled or renewed yet
The Catalina1 (6 eps, aired)not cancelled or renewed yet
The Frame1 (0 eps)production cancelled
Gossip Girl5 (24 eps, aired)renewed for season 6 (final)
H8R1 (13 eps but only 4 aired)cancelled
Hart of Dixie1 (22 eps, aired)renewed for season 2
The L.A. Complex2 (7 eps)not cancelled or renewed yet
The Next: Fame Is at Your Door1 (10 eps)not cancelled or renewed yet
Nikita2 (23 eps, aired)renewed for season 3
Oh Sit!1 (10 eps)not cancelled or renewed yet
One Tree Hill9 (13 eps, aired)series finale aired 4/4/12
Remodeled1 (8 eps, aired)cancelled
Ringer1 (22 eps, aired)cancelled
The Secret Circle1 (22 eps, aired)cancelled
Supernatural7 (23 eps, aired)renewed for season 8
The Vampire Diaries3 (22 eps, aired)renewed for season 4

What do you think? Which CW TV shows won’t be renewed? Are there any that you wish would be cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

32 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ben4Six says

I am catching up on Ringer. Missed it when it first aired. i am gaining.

I can say, Andrew is either the only person who is not a liar ….. or he is secretly orchestrating the whole bizaar thing.

Big SMG fan!

2. Melody says

Please, don’t cancel Hart of Dixie. This is the best new show of the year. My friends and I have a standing dinner date every Monday just because of this show.

3. Ana says

I am in love with Ringer, especially because Sarah Michelle is in it, it always leaves me wanting to know more! They should bring it back for a second season, if not they should bring it back for a few more episodes and give it a proper ending, out of respect for the viewers!

4. Bethany says

I have never been much of a CW watcher, and if you have read any of my posts on here, I watch TONS of tv. This season I got hooked. They need to renew Heart of Dixie before its too late. That show is the first one that brought me back to the network. Also Secret Circle is a must renew IMHO. I also watch every episode of Ringer, however my gut tells me that if renewed, it will be gone within a year. I love the show, but the rest of my family who were watching with me all season have gotten bored with it.

5. Stas says

I don’t think there will be another season for Ringer anyway. As long as they show the first season, c’mon, it’s a good TV show, so much better-written that all those stupid American comedies/sitcoms.

6. kevin says

Supernatural is the best show on Tv ..but it’s pissing me off big time now . The last 2 weeks have been reruns. They just cameback from a month break at the beginning of Januaray and already repeats !!! . I love Supernatural but it’s been going down hill since Eric Kripie left as showrunner. And as the for them developing a sex and the city prequal ?? really why ?? why couldn’t the CW pick up Human Target and pair it with Ringer or Nikita ? sex and the city ended like along time ago and was only popular cause it was on HBO and they can show nudity.