Dallas: Bobby’s New Wife Will Be a Desperate Housewife

Brenda Strong goes to DallasVeteran actor Larry Hagman recently guest-starred on Desperate Housewives and there’s certainly no shortage of Wisteria Lane veterans heading for TNT’s new Dallas pilot.

Jesse Metcalfe, Gabbie’s boy-toy John Rowland, will play Christopher, the grown up adopted son of Pam (Victoria Principal) and Bobby Ewing (Patrick Duffy). Josh Henderson, who played Edie’s hunky nephew, will play John Ross, the son of J.R. (Hagman) and Sue-Ellen Ewing (Linda Gray).

Now Brenda Strong, Housewives’ deceased narrator Mary Alice Young, has joined the cast of the new TNT project. She’ll be playing the current wife of Bobby Ewing, Ann. Word is that Ann is quite strong-willed, not unlike Ewing matriarch Miss Ellie (played by the late Barbara Bel Geddes). Since she usually doesn’t appear on-camera on Housewives, if the new Dallas becomes a series she probably won’t have to leave the ABC TV show.

It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any conflict between Ann and Bobby’s first true love. Priscilla Presley will be reprising her role as Jenna Krebbs, Bobby’s old flame. The last time we saw her, Jenna was the wife of former Southfork foreman Ray Krebbs (Steve Kanaly), J.R. and Bobby’s illegitimate half-brother.

What do you think? Is “Mary Alice” a good addition to the cast?

g sanders August 9, 2012 at 5:13 pm

What if Christoper is the real son of Ann? Hummmm? Ann couldn’t afford to take of Christoper @ the time……. Was given to Bobby/Pam…… Oh my, the plot thickens

Laurie Harvat June 23, 2011 at 1:48 am

I am so interested in this new Dallas tnt series. Wow Priscilla will be in it how cool. But Patrick Duffy was always my favorite. Please let me know when the airdate becomes available

Diana April 29, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I hope they re-visit some of the old story lines and Knots Landing. I loved both shows very much and watched the reruns for years. They do not make TV like that anymore. Welcome Back “Dallas” I for one can’t wait!

Vicki April 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Bring back Morgan Fairchild and the Dallas actress who played her daughter: Lauri Lynn. That was a fantastic show and it would be great to see the original actresses who are both from Dallas, return.

Dee April 9, 2011 at 7:44 am

I thought the term “old flame’ was reserved for old girl- or boyfriends, not ex-spouses. Wasn’t Bobby married to Jenna? Shouldn’t she be called his ex or ex-wife, not his old flame?

admin April 9, 2011 at 8:33 pm

@Dee: I think they just dated.

Ryan April 7, 2011 at 8:04 am

I’m sure it will come back but it will be like 30-45 seconds at most not 1:30-2:00

Elliot April 6, 2011 at 12:40 pm

The big question is if the iconic Dallas music that they played during the title sequence will be a part of this series in more than just a 5 to 10 second sound bite. I hope so. I’m hoping that title music comes back for most shows like they did with Hawaii Five-O.