Dracula: Season One Ratings

Dracula TV show on NBC ratingsThe peacock network has found ratings success with the dark Grimm series on Friday nights. Is there room for another spooky thriller or will Dracula be cancelled quickly like so many other series? Stay tuned!

NBC’s Dracula is a retelling of the classic Bram Stoker story. In London, Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is posing as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks just like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

5/10 update: NBC has cancelled Dracula after one season and 10 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.25 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Dracula TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for second season?

Ruth January 9, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I love love love this show! I will be one very unhappy person if its cancelled.

Caroline Taylor January 8, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Please renew Dracula for another season!!!!! It is a extraordinary show!! We look so forward to watching it on Friday nights. We also love Jonathon Rhys Meyers…… ever since the Tudors. You don’t even have to be vampire fanatic to love this show. We love the setting and time period as well and there will be some long faces up here in Canada if Dracula is cancelled!! :( :(

Hooray, Dracula! January 7, 2014 at 2:51 am

When I heard about Grimm, I was really excited to watch the new series because it was different. It was not your typical cop show which there are so many out there along with your reality shows, soap operas. Simply, typical shows we keep channeling all the time whether we are watching them or not. The first Grimm episode was pretty cool and I was expecting the show to be similar to Buffy the Vampire Slayer ( well-written stories with a lot of kick ass actions scenes from your bad ass hero and his or her loyal sidekick friends and allies battling, of course, against monstrous villains. ) No doubt, the show definitely was leading to that. But from the beginning to middle series, it was kind of slow-paced and sometimes boring. I really didn’t see great improvement until the last four episodes. That’s when the show got really interesting and my expectation has finally met which I was definitely looking forward to a second season. During the time I was watching the first season, I saw great potential on this show and didn’t give up on it even though the stories were at times pretty bland. I’m glad that the network gave Grimm a chance to return for the second and third seasons. Grimm improved quite well for each season. So what I am saying to you is Dracula deserves a chance to return for a second season as well. Because every Dracula film tells pretty much the same story over and over based on the Bram Stroker version, it does need a different makeover to keep the Dracula story more intriguing. I believe this TV version made the right approach. I enjoyed watching the series and I hope Dracula will continue as long as Jonathan Rhys Meyer is still committed to this show. If Dracula was aired on BBCA, SyFy, AMC, Starz, or HBO, I believe that the show would receive a very good rating. I don’t think NBC faithful viewers are ready to accept a provocative British series.

Rebecca January 7, 2014 at 9:14 am

It’s not a British series; it’s an American show though it takes place in London.

Dave January 8, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Actually it is a British show… or more accurately it’s a joint venture between NBC Studios and a British Company. It’s filmed in England.

Anonymous January 8, 2014 at 11:18 pm

In response to … who was I responding to…LOL…there is no name next to her comment…the post stated it was a “provocative British series.”

So no, it’s not a “British show.” The creator is American…it’s an NBC show which is being produced by a British company for Britain. As far as I understand it is not filmed in England…it’s filmed in Budapest.

MJ January 10, 2014 at 9:43 am

and filmed in Budapest

michele January 6, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I think that Dracula needs a plan:
Finish the season, put it on Netflix (which commands 2/3 of all Internet bandwidth) as well as Amazon (free of charge), and shamelessly promote it just before fall. By then, viewers have caught up on the shows they already love and are hungry for something new. Binge watchers will become enthralled, no doubt, and tune in next season.
The characters are rich and dynamic, a trait rarely seen on TV today; it takes more than one episode to understand the subtle nuances of their actions. Normally, characters are transparent and all challenges are solved in one hour. Dracula surpasses that with characters who need time to work through their motivations/manipulations, so I think that viewers need the ability to watch from the beginning.
And may I say that the direction is exquisite–the way time is slowed when I want every second to linger, never fails to disappoint.

Anonymous January 6, 2014 at 9:13 am

The show has to stay running! My sister and me love it.

Grammar Nazi January 7, 2014 at 3:13 pm

My sister and I love it.

Say theses sentences out loud if you aren’t sure. English is not that hard…..

Ana January 6, 2014 at 6:12 am

Loving the show, the scenes, acting… It can offer so much more to the public if given opportunity… It just can’t be canceled :/

Cindy Raymond January 6, 2014 at 3:45 am

Dracula is an awesome show. Please do not cancel it. The new spin on the Dracula story is the best since Stoker’s original.

Anonymous January 5, 2014 at 8:42 pm

doesn’t look good, folks. :(

Laura K January 5, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Addicted to the show! Don’t Cancel!

Carol January 5, 2014 at 10:12 pm

If they will cancel despite all of our good remarks, then why have a panel?? I find that counter productive and plain stupid.

Dee January 5, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Love the show! Don’t cancel!

diana January 5, 2014 at 1:12 am

Dracula is certainly one of the best shows on network Tv. Please lets keep it on.

mona January 4, 2014 at 4:27 pm

we who don”t get the premium channels for such period hits as boardwalk empire and game of Thrones have a chance to see the great period sets and clothes and moralities of the 19th century. This is a hit, especially among vampire fans I.E> (vampire diaries, the Originals etc.) but ALSo among Jonathan rhys Meyers fans. he is excellent in whatever he does and though people think he is short in stature he is long on his sexuality. steaming up the screen with his love scenes. you think he isn’t savage enough as Dracula? Then you haven’t watched episode 107. I respectfully ask you to renew Dracula for 2014. There is much more to the story that needs to be told. We need something else to watch on Friday nights besides Grimm. Give my fellow irish brother a chance to expel his talents even farther!

rebecca January 4, 2014 at 12:35 am

fantastic show in great jeopardy of cancellation! please consider moving it to another night to gather ratings boost. if all else fails…cable…one of you…pick it up!

Janie January 3, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Dracula is well done. NBC should give it a chance because as with any plot the suspense grows with each episode. Every episode becomes more chilling. Love it.

Kristina Williams January 3, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Don’t Cancel. Great show.