Drive: FOX Reroutes Final Episodes of Cancelled Series

The cast of Drive on FOXDrive was an action-fueled drama that followed a diverse group of people as they competed in a cross-country road race. FOX cancelled the series prematurely and left two of the six completed episodes unaired.

The network had previously announced that the final two episodes would air on Wednesday, July 4th. They’ve changed their plans and they will now be broadcast on Friday, July 13th — an unfortunately appropriate date. This displaces an episode of the also cancelled Standoff which will hopefully be shifted to the following week.

If you miss Drive’s last episodes or simply forget where the story left off, there is hope. The first four are available for viewing on the series’ MySpace page. You can also download them via Amazon.com or via DriveiTunes. It’s expected that the last episodes will be available once they’ve aired on TV.

Now, how about telling us who would have won the race if the series had continued? Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Update: The episodes were subsequently pulled from the schedule entirely.

Brian April 16, 2009 at 8:25 pm

It is a shame that it lasted only a short time, I guess nothing can be done about it ending. BUT!! on the up side maybe Rose could go back to Two And a Half Men.

JOANNE May 2, 2008 at 4:37 am

GOOD SHOW! BAD DECISION

Rat G April 30, 2008 at 8:14 am

i was really getting into that show

Laura August 5, 2007 at 11:38 pm

I have noticed that Fox does not give a new show ample time to prove its worth. Therefore, I have had to stop watching series’ premiers from the Fox network because I am tired of being disappointed when a show I have been looking forward to seeing is pulled after just a few episodes.

Anonymous July 21, 2007 at 6:02 pm

Ok, how WRONG is it to get people all involved in a show and then pull the road out from under them?? I watched the “season finale” of Drive….I want a real ending. This is nothing…FOX you suck!

Susan July 13, 2007 at 6:07 pm

And do they think I am going to start to watch any NEW shows on their network to go through all this again?!?!? NOT!! Too many cancellations, too many broken promises, too many OTHER CHOICES! Bye FOX!

rbly July 13, 2007 at 4:21 pm

too too bad, drive was really a good show. i am really disappointed.

Danielle July 13, 2007 at 1:56 pm

I can’t beleive fox cancelled this show I really liked it. I got all set up to see it and it just stopped coming on. I think fox should put it back on.

Hegemon July 8, 2007 at 3:28 pm

Don’t bother looking for it on July 13 either, they have now completely pulled the final 2 episodes with apparently no intentions of ever airing them.

Beth July 4, 2007 at 7:13 pm

I can’t believe that this Fabulous show has been canceled! It is the best show on TV. Why couldn’t you give it a chance or move it to another night or to FX. We were really upset that it isn’t on July 4th. I hope the network keeps the episodes going. They can even make more episodes when some one wins, and if need be they can start a new race with a new cast of characters. Possibilities are endless. I do like this cast and the story line.

maddy July 4, 2007 at 9:53 am

i love this show.
i was getting very worried because i thought that yesterday was wednesday and i wasnt home at 8 so i thought i missed it!
and i just realized it now that today is wednesday(:
but i just cant belive that its ending!:(

Jasmin June 30, 2007 at 4:16 pm

Thanks for the info. about Standoff…the episode for the week of July 13th would have been “Kids in the Hall”, and there is only one remaining episode after that (“Severance”), so I’m pretty sure FOX won’t stop now…let us know as soon as FOX announces when that episode will air.

By the way, if you’re not familiar with Standoff, you can view previously aired episodes online at http://www.myspace.com/standoff .

Thanks again!