Drop Dead Diva: Production on Season Three Begins

Drop Dead DivaLifetime has announced that the cast and crew of Drop Dead Diva are back at work on season three. It was renewed for 13 episodes last September. The dramady returns sometime this summer. Here’s the press release from Lifetime…

VIVA THE DIVAS! “DROP DEAD DIVA” STARTS PRODUCTION ON SEASON 3 WITH GUEST STARS PAULA ABDUL, LEANN RIMES AND WENDY WILLIAMS

Currently in production in Atlanta, Drop Dead Diva’s season three opener will once again be a celebrity-packed celebration! Entertainer Paula Abdul (Live to Dance) reprises her role as Jane’s voice of reason to give her some sage advice about her relationship with Grayson.

LeAnn Rimes also guest stars as the estranged soon-to-be ex-wife to a hard-partying celebrity who is on trial for a hit-and-run case that Jane (series star Brooke Elliott) takes on.

Additionally, the premiere episode will feature talk-show host and Dancing with the Stars contestant Wendy Williams as a judge and a musical dream sequence with the cast of Drop Dead Diva, choreographed by So You Think You Can Dance’s Keith “Tyce” Diorio.

Drop Dead Diva returns this summer on Lifetime.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the return of Drop Dead Diva?

jlea October 26, 2011 at 8:03 am

Pls bring Drop Dead Diva back. I love this show. Its the best one on tv other than Harry’s law. pls pls pls bring it back on and not just the summer but in the fall.

devo June 16, 2011 at 10:18 pm

2 days until the season 3 premiere of DDD! So excited and I just can’t hide it. Besides, Brooke Elliot is freaking hot!

Debbie June 12, 2011 at 2:06 am

I love, love Drop Dead Diva. I like the romance that is on the back burner in each segment but really love Jane in the courtroom! I would love to see Jane ” go to Napa” with someone.(Episode 13 Season 1) We big girls love “Napa” and so do the guys that pursue us. Then she could eventually work on Grayson, and pursue Deb’s true love. Many of us kiss a few frogs before we find our Prince Charming. Not that Jane’s guy is a frog. Tony is actually very cute and sexy! Hooray to Lifetime! Keep our show coming with great new episodes

suz homme June 4, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Can’t wait for DDD to come back on. I got my husband addicted to it and now we both can’t wait from Sunday to Sunday to see what happens!

Sybil Polin May 23, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I’m very happy that the show will return. I love the show.

Sybil

Jennife May 23, 2011 at 10:08 am

Awesome can’t to see season 3, but to long of a wait.

Becky May 19, 2011 at 10:40 am

I am addicted to Drop Dead Diva, and I am so happy it’s been renewed for another season. Personally, I hope it has a run of 7 or 8 seasons. Thrilled to see a bigger than size zero woman become a star! Thanks Lifetime, keep up the good work.

Tania May 16, 2011 at 7:54 am

Wooo Hoooo I have been waiting to long. I got hooked on this show from a friend and can’t wait to see what you have in store for us!!! Great Job listening to your fans!!!!!!

S May 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I love this show and can’t wait for it to come back!

Hannah March 31, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I absolutely adore this show! When I saw the season 2 finale, my heart practically dropped out of my chest. I’m not sure if I can make it two more months until season 3 premiers! Can’t wait! :)

sydney March 31, 2011 at 7:25 pm

YAY<333333 drop dead diva is litterally my fav show, atleast 3 more seasons pleaseeee!?

MARJE March 30, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I think it is too long between seasons. People would keep up if it were on more often. I love this show. Brooke is great.

Betty March 26, 2011 at 5:57 pm

So glad to hear that DDD is going to be back on. I seriously can’t wait. It seems like it’s been forever since it was on. Hurry back!!!!! I hope DDD continues to on going seasons. Can’t get enough of it. Thank you Lifetime for this show and for finally getting Season 3 up and going.

Diane March 23, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I am soooo glad to know Drop Dead Diva is back!!!! I was so afraid it wasn’t going to be re-newed……good job Lifetime. I’ve gotten numerous people “hooked” on it and can’t wait to watch Season 3. Hopefully it will be re-newed for Season 4 too!!!!!