Ghost Whisperer: Watch Jennifer Love Hewitt’s Tearful Goodbye to Viewers

Ghost WhispererBy the time Ghost Whisperer was cancelled by CBS, the cast and crew had already wrapped their fifth season so there was no opportunity for them to give the show a true series finale. There was talk about the show possibly moving to ABC but it didn’t work out.

A lot of different sets were used in the production of Ghost Whisperer. Before they were dismantled and destroyed, Jennifer Love Hewitt returned to take fans on a 17 minute tour and to say goodbye.

In the video’s final moments, Hewitt gets emotional while addressing the show’s loyal viewers. She says, “It was an amazing five years. I can not thank you guys enough, from the bottom of my heart — for being so incredibly gracious, for being so loving, for being so accepting of Melinda and all of her craziness, all of her ghosts all of her nightmares, and all of her unfinished business.”

Hewitt continues, “Your love and support has meant everything to the cast and crew of Ghost Whisperer and we will all miss you guys very, very much. And I promise that I will come back to TV to do something really, really fun. Go get our DVDs, think about us, miss us and know how much we all will miss you. (tears up) Much love.” She has to stop at the end, saying “Sorry.” and giving a tiny wave to the camera.

michelle October 11, 2013 at 9:39 am

So miss this show still!!!!!!!

shane October 2, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I really cant believe you would cancel the show on such a cliffhanger, there is so much more that can be done with this story.

ddd April 22, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Thats so stupid! why did you cancelled this amazing show? there are so many unfinished things! NOT FAIR! :(

Ayaks April 21, 2013 at 9:49 pm

i hate this!!! now that i’m addicted to this movie “Ghost Whisperer” why has it been cancelled :( i love this movie… please come back ghost whisperer! …

cindy March 24, 2013 at 8:14 pm

bring it back

David W Richmond March 8, 2013 at 3:00 am

I live in Cincinnati and at the time there was a storm outside of our area.CBS interrupted the last episode and we never even got to see it. Note I said outside our area. The storm was not coming in our direction and it took up aprox 42 mins off the end of the last episode that was shown , after show started, so we had no idea that the show ended or how the last episode ended. CBS was the only station that kept talking endlessly more about how a storm is created and that educating us on cloud formations etc. The storm never got here and the rain barely wet the ground. After about a week I learned the show was cancelled so we really got screwed because of CBS .I really enjoyed the show and really miss it. I am disabled and this was one of the few highlights in my life. It was one of the few things I enjoyed on tv. there was no true series finale. Hey CBS If one of your series comes on tv I for one do not even want to get interested in it. You dumped your fans and left us unsatisfied, saddened and Leary of you.Its a shame to because a lot of work time and money obviously taken to put out a classy show such as Ghost Whisperer. Just to blow it at the end. Thank you cast and crew for creating a great show. Thanks CBS for reminding us that its just another time slot that you fill. I eventually saw the episode on ION tv channel a year later it somehow lost its luster. And CBS you lost a fan. I am just one fan ,In my way of thinking you were also cancelled.

Anonymous December 26, 2012 at 10:23 pm

i will never forgive this, because i love ghost whisperer.

Angie gillespie August 14, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Soooooo miss this show loved it very much wish so much they would bring it back

miss this show July 25, 2012 at 3:58 pm

If you could or would please bring it back please

chris July 25, 2012 at 1:23 am

i see dead people for real

Jo April 12, 2012 at 12:50 pm

If I don’t have my daughter on Saturday’s I’m in front of the TV catching the Whisperer marathon. LOL! I so miss this show. One question that still bugs me though, why did she keep her maiden name? I figured it was so it would be easier for her dad to find her if he were to start looking. Of course, that was before the infamous ‘Paul Eastman’ episode.

Payshence March 29, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I really loved that show! One of the best. Why did it get canceled anyways?? Miss it soo much and everyone in it! Hahaha, wish that it would continue for the ones who really enjoyed the show. Oh also at maybe say the middle of the little video, real weird/creepy when there was writing on the mirror and she say’s that hasn’t ever been on a set.

Carmen March 29, 2012 at 9:54 am

I really lived the show!!! It’s so hard to think that it’s be cancelled for so long this has been one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time!!! I wish that the show can just come back and continue on.. :-(

Russ W. March 28, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I just love that little lady, always seems so sweet. What a great wife she would be.

Der LOL March 22, 2012 at 7:17 am

Also ich muss sagen die Sendung war wirklich wirklich gut! Nur schade das sie nun abgesetzt wurde. Vielleicht kommen ja irgendwann mal wieder neue Folgen. Man kann es eigentlich nur hoffen. Ich verstehe nicht warum immer die US-Serien so oft wieder abgesetzt werden.