Glee: Season Four Ratings

Glee season four ratingsThe ratings for FOX’s Glee series have been dropping for awhile. Will they fall low enough to see the TV series cancelled? That’s the real drama.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Glee is going to be cancelled or renewed for season five.

The fourth season of Glee typically airs Thursday nights at 9pm on the FOX network. The large cast includes Amber Riley, Chord Overstreet, Chris Colfer, Cory Monteith, Darren Criss, Dianna Agron, Harry Shum, Heather Morris, Jane Lynch, Jayma Mays, Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Mark Salling, Matthew Morrison, and Naya Rivera.

Final season averages: 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.86 million total viewers.

Episode 04-22: Thursday, 05/09/13
2.0 in the demo (+5% change) with 5.92 million (+14% change).
Season averages: 2.21 in the demo with 5.86 million.

Episode 04-21: Thursday, 05/02/13
1.9 in the demo (+6% change) with 5.19 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.22 in the demo with 5.86 million.

Episode 04-20: Thursday, 04/25/13
1.8 in the demo (-14% change) with 5.24 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 2.23 in the demo with 5.89 million.

UPDATE: FOX has renewed Glee for two more seasons.

Episode 04-19: Thursday, 04/18/13
2.1 in the demo (-13% change) with 6.14 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.26 in the demo with 5.92 million.

Episode 04-18: Thursday, 04/11/13
2.4 in the demo (+20% change) with 6.67 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 2.27 in the demo with 5.91 million.

Episode 04-17: Thursday, 03/21/13
2.0 in the demo (0% change) with 5.91 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 2.26 in the demo with 5.87 million.

Episode 04-16: Thursday, 03/14/13
2.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.37 million (-20% change).
Season averages: 2.27 in the demo with 5.87 million.

Episode 04-15: Thursday, 03/07/13 (special 9:30pm time)
2.4 in the demo (+41% change) with 6.72 million (+31% change).
Season averages: 2.29 in the demo with 5.90 million.

Episode 04-14: Thursday, 02/14/13
1.7 in the demo (-23% change) with 5.13 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 2.29 in the demo with 5.84 million.

Episode 04-13: Thursday, 02/07/13
2.2 in the demo (+5% change) with 6.03 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 2.33 in the demo with 5.89 million.

Episode 04-12: Thursday, 01/31/13
2.1 in the demo (-19% change) with 5.48 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 2.34 in the demo with 5.88 million.

Episode 04-11: Thursday, 01/24/13
2.6 in the demo (+30% change) with 6.79 million (+29% change).
Season averages: 2.36 in the demo with 5.92 million.

Episode 04-10: Thursday, 12/13/12
2.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 5.26 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.34 in the demo with 5.83 million.

FOX TV show ratingsEpisode 04-09: Thursday, 12/06/12
2.2 in the demo (0% change) with 5.43 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 2.38 in the demo with 5.90 million.

Episode 04-08: Thursday, 11/29/12
2.2 in the demo (+47% change) with 5.39 million (+17% change).
Season averages: 2.40 in the demo with 5.96 million.

Episode 04-07: Thursday, 11/22/12
1.5 in the demo (-29% change) with 4.62 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 2.43 in the demo with 6.04 million.

Episode 04-06: Thursday, 11/15/12
2.1 in the demo (-13% change) with 5.22 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.58 in the demo with 6.27 million.

Episode 04-05: Thursday, 11/08/12
2.4 in the demo (-8% change) with 5.68 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.68 in the demo with 6.48 million.

Episode 04-04: Thursday, 10/04/12
2.6 in the demo (+8% change) with 6.07 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 2.75 in the demo with 6.68 million.

Episode 04-03: Thursday, 09/27/12
2.4 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.79 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 2.80 in the demo with 6.89 million.

Episode 04-02: Thursday, 09/20/12
2.9 demo rating (-7% change) with 7.46 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 3.00 in the demo with 7.44 million.

Episode 04-01: Thursday, 09/13/12
3.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.41 million total viewers.
Season averages: 3.10 in the demo with 7.41 million.

On a new night, with only medium competition, the fourth season premiere of Glee was down significantly year-to-year. In the demo, the series was down by 23% (vs a 4.0 rating) and was down by 20% in total viewers (vs 9.21 million). On their own, the numbers are still very good but one has to wonder how they bode for the rest of the season.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 3.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.31 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Glee TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fifth season?

L April 13, 2013 at 4:30 am

Cancel it as soon as possible. This is coming from someone who use to love glee but it has turned into a show I don’t even reconise anymore and it needs to end ASAP

Susan Treat Herrington April 15, 2013 at 2:47 am

For one i love glee all the season so far and if they cancel it i will be yelling at some people that write the show

charlie April 11, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I LOVE glee! and hope it gets renewed,its my favourite show!!!

Mia April 8, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Skrew u haters … Glee is amazing ! Sure it might be gay and all but I haven’t found any show like it . With its ratings it will defiantly be renewed for a 5th season. Other shows who have gotten worse ratings have been renewed so it will. Keep glee it’s te best show I’ve seen

Jan April 8, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I hope they do NOT cancel Glee. Love the music, love the show period!! I feel it’s a keeper!

Anonymous April 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I hope they do NOT cancel Glee. Love the music, love the show period!! Love the way the past cast still has a place for guest appearances! I feel it’s a keeper!

Anonymous April 6, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Cancelled its a crap show

Susan Treat Herrington April 15, 2013 at 4:36 am

ur a crap person cant even use a name

Olivia April 6, 2013 at 9:34 am

It really saddens me how a once brilliant show is now one of the worst shows on tv the show fell apart after that long break in season 1 after the sectionals episode. But it was watchable till most of the original people left:(

TC April 4, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I totally agree with everyone saying the writing/continuity and everything is total crap. But I can’t help but love it. Sure it’s dumb and frustrating and completely unrealistic (who gets a job at vogue at 18 with no work experience, but a blog and sassy outfits? c’mon and rachel instantly becoming the queen of nyada, and don’t even get me started on the ships- it’s ridic.) but much worse shows have run for much longer. If it does end though, atleast we’ll have seasons 1-3 and we can just all pretend it ended at graduation and klaine stayed together.

Alex April 1, 2013 at 6:32 pm

I only watch for Santana, Kurt, and Rachel so I wouldn’t even be upset if the show was cancelled because those 3 don’t get featured as much as I wish they would. I also don’t want Finn or Blaine near them, but that seems to be unavoidable. I say end it before they take back their boyfriends, ruin the NYC’s potential, and make me lose respect for them. I wish Santana could get some focus with a girlfriend too, but to the show showing Sam and Blaine’s boring and ridiculous bromance is more important. This season has been pure crap; it’s nothing like the old Glee I used to love.

Linda April 1, 2013 at 6:14 pm

It’s about time it gets cancelled. The writing has become so horrible, feel bad for the cast.

Susan Treat Herrington April 15, 2013 at 4:38 am

in your opinion that is the way it feels… but in others its not ….. and its to bad maybe these writer are better than people who talk shit

Oh Snap~ March 21, 2013 at 9:40 pm

As a past viewer and a 17 year old graduating soon in Vancouver, I think Glee has become a ‘losers’ way to force ideals. Life as I know it is not anything like what is portrayed on Glee. It is saddening how influential the show tries to be with the entirety of homosexuals and with the constant ‘bullying’ on regular people. On Glee if your not homosexual, obese, mentally retarded, or if your not hooking up with the nearest thing with a pulse…
You are worthless.
I DEEPLY HOPE IT WILL BE CANCELLED.

Susan Treat Herrington April 15, 2013 at 4:35 am

One your in a different area so yeah it may never teach anything… if you think life gets easy after high school new flash person it does not get any easier…. this is how the world is and some of us have to deal with it..

Mia March 18, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I love glee! I love season 1. I love season 2. I love season 3. I love season 4. A lot of people say a show should end when it’s good but us loyal gleeks are here til the end. Hope it continues to season 5 and beyond

CC March 18, 2013 at 9:33 am

I loved Glee! It was my favorite TV show, nothing else was like it. But I don’t like the 4th season at all. Wish they had spinoff with all the original characters ’cause thats who we fell in love with :(

Mabel March 17, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I love the glee of old. Don’t really care about these new kids but I love the parts with my old favorites Rachel and Kurt in New York they should have made the spin off I love the storylines with them Fin, Blane and Santana. More of them!!!!!

Anonymous March 17, 2013 at 4:08 pm