Golden Boy: Cancelled, No Second Year for CBS Series

Golden Boy canceled, no season twoOfficer Walter Clark’s story has been cut short. CBS has cancelled Golden Boy after one season and 13 episodes.

Airing on Tuesday nights, Golden Boy tells the tale of a young and ambitious New York cop (Theo James) who rises quickly through the department’s ranks to become the youngest Police Commissioner in NYC history. The cast also includes Chi McBride, Kevin Alejandro, Bonnie Somerville, Holt McCallany, and Stella Maeve.

The network was hoping that Golden Boy would perform better than Vegas — and for awhile, it looked like it might. Unfortunately, Golden Boy’s ratings ended up being pretty bad, particularly in the 18-49 demographic.

The episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.4 in the demo with 8.3 million total viewers. It’s one of the lowest-rated shows on the network.

The last episode, titled “Next Question,” will air next Tuesday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Golden Boy has been cancelled? What would you have liked to see in season two?

Canceled and renewed TV show

179 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

CBS are not thinking correctly by cancelling GOLDEN BOY. It is a good good/bad cop program. Many, many people like this show, rethink booting this program off the tube. If you need to cancel a show, get rid of TWO AND HALF MEN. tHIS PROGRAM WITH kUCHER is stupid and unfunny. I like all, except Ashton Kucher, he is SILLY, not funny. The show was the best with Charlie Sheen, not Kucher. We watch the reruns of two and half men, but not the present show. Grown man running around naked is sick and stupid.
    So put Golden Boy in and Two and Half Men out.

2. says

I SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, L-O-V-E-D THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE CBS, DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK????????? You people keep doing this crap! You create a good show…..then you go and cancel it. GIVE IT A CHANCE!!! You had to believe in it, that is why you produced it to begin with. Decent people must have something to watch on TV….Everything else is TRASH!!!!!
    I simply love Chi McBride and Officer “Walter Clarke” was awesome, along with his nemesis Oroyo (spelling). All the other cast were real and great also…..Please forward these comments to CBS ( Clueless Broadcasting System). Get a Clue!!!

3. Christine says

This show was GREAT! All the good TV programs get cancelled so that all we have to watch are ALL these UNREALISTIC “reality” shows. It’s all about money but it also shows how 18-49 age people CAN’T deal with the REAL WORLD!!!

4. Kristy says

This cancellation is terrible. I watch the network frequently. I DVR this show. Along with NCIS, Criminal Minds, and Revolution. I watch all of these faithfully!! I love Golden Boy. The acting is not subpar. It shows a different perspective. Please petition to get a season 2. I actually want to see him grow to be Commissioner.

5. Sharon says

We love ther show. Please renew it. You drop Made in Jersey and we like it also, but
    Golden Boy is a different type of police show we very good chariters. Please Please renew

6. Della says

I love this show. The acting was great and the show was different. Enough keeping stupid realty shows and cancelling smart good shows.

7. Bill says

Loved this show, looked forward to watching it every week. Sure would have liked to see it continue.

8. P.wang says

I loved this show! I’m sick of starting to watch a show and be it cancelled without any closure!

9. Lisa says

WHAT??? I love this show!!! I watched it every week!!! How dare they get me caught up in it and then cancel!!

10. LP says

Golden Boy is my favorite!!! This is a great cast!!! Especialy love Theo and Chi. I think the story line is fantastic. Really sorry to hear this! CBS is making a big mistake on this one.