Hannibal: Season One Ratings

Hannibal TV show ratingsNBC’s previous Thursdays at 10pm drama, Do No Harm, was quickly cancelled. Will the network have better luck with Hannibal? We’ll see.

This TV series revolves around the partnership of an FBI criminal profiler (Hugh Dancy) and Doctor Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), a famed forensic psychiatrist (who’s secretly a cannibalistic serial killer). The cast also includes Laurence Fishburne, Caroline Dhavernas, Aaron Abrams, Hettienne Park, Scott Thompson, and Lara Jean Chorostecki. NBC has ordered 13 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Hannibal is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Episode 01-12: Thursday, 06/13/13
0.7 in the demo (-22% change) with 2.10 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 1.15 in the demo with 2.90 million.

Episode 01-11: Thursday, 06/06/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 2.36 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.19 in the demo with 2.98 million.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 05/30/13
1.0 in the demo (0% change) with 2.40 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 1.22 in the demo with 3.05 million.

UPDATE: Hannibal has been renewed for a second season of 13 episodes.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 05/23/13
1.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 2.69 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.25 in the demo with 3.13 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 05/16/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 2.46 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.29 in the demo with 3.19 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 05/09/13
1.1 in the demo (0% change) with 2.62 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 3.31 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 05/02/13
1.1 in the demo (+10% change) with 2.61 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 1.36 in the demo with 3.45 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 04/25/13
1.0 in the demo (-29% change) with 2.40 million (-32% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 3.66 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 04/25/13
Note: NBC opted to not air this episode and released it online as a web episode instead.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 04/18/13
1.4 in the demo (-18% change) with 3.51 million (-20% change).
Season averages: 1.57 in the demo with 4.08 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 04/11/13
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 4.38 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.65 in the demo with 4.37 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 04/04/13
1.6 in the 18-49 demographic with 4.36 million total viewers.
Season averages: 1.60 in the demo with 4.36 million.

The show built on lead-in Go On by 45% and it’s the network’s best performance in that timeslot in over a year. Still, this can hardly be considered a winning performance overall.

What do you think? Do you like the Hannibal TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

LH June 15, 2013 at 8:05 pm

It’s no wonder the show is floundering in the ratings. It’s a good crime show, well acted, but has nothing to do with Hannibal Lecter. Other than the name, there’s little of the character from the Thomas Harris novels. Mads Mikkelsen has decided Hannibal is Satan. Last time I read the novels, Hannibal was a child of World War II. He had a sister who was cannibalized by the Lithuanian Hilfswillige- fed to him in broth. He was the son of an Italian noblewoman and a Lithuanian count- both killed in front of him. This incarnation is a complete fabrication. It’s a shame. The original story was so compelling. Silence of the Lambs was perfection. This is just sad.

Bubba D June 10, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Love it!!!!!!!! Finally something good excuse me GRRRREAT please renue. Did someone say MUST SEE TV I beleive I just did

Anonymous June 10, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Heck yea

Brittany June 9, 2013 at 5:59 am

I’m in love with this new take on Hannibal Lecter! The idea of simply going deeper into his personality and getting to know the esteemed doctor is exciting and I love his friendship with Will Graham. I know many others have said this as well, but Mads Mikkelsen is amazing for this part. Honestly, the show is so well cast, I’m impressed that its on NBC and not Showtime or HBO. The story lines and killers they catch are creative, everything is so well written. I’m sure there are a lot of people out there who would find the show far too gruesome to watch but listen to the ratings! It’s the best they’ve ever had in this time slot in a long, long time. If NBC cancels this after two seasons, someone else better pick it up, stat.

Tiff June 8, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Done with it. Last episode “Roti” went too far. Bleah. Please replace with something less dull that doesn’t depend on weekly increases in shock value.

CARL June 2, 2013 at 8:41 am

They always cancel the good shows and leave the ridiculous reality and comedy shows on TV for years. Not saying all of the comedy and reality TV shows are bad but quite a few of them are. I hardly even watch any shows on NBC, ABC, or CBS any more because of all the bad shows they keep. Please renew Hannibal as it is one of the best TV shows on right now. The show is brilliantly written and acted with great actors/actresses. It’s hard to wait until the next episode comes on it is so good. If it does not get renewed hopefully another network will be smart enough to pick it up.

dr June 8, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Carl,
You are so right. networks have found out it’s cheaper to produce Reality shows cost less. There are maybe 5 reality show worth their weight in ratings rest are crap, seriously.Look at A&E, they had great shows now it’s just Storage Wars and Duck Dynasty they show change the name to R & C (Reality and crap).

Scott June 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm

God I hope NBC doesn’t do another stupid thing and cancel it. They never should have cancelled another dark drama, 666 Park Avenue. Hannibal is brilliantly cast and acted. And the stories, while grim, are very interesting and very capably told. Please(!!!!!) keep Hannibal!!!!!

Chrissy May 31, 2013 at 1:09 am

I love it. Excellent acting and story lines. I haven’t missed an episode and its one of only two shows on tv I watch live. I hope NBC has the smarts and guts to renew it. I don’t think I can stomach another “reality” show or who can sing or Dane blah blah blah. Hannibal is great show . Come on NBC give us a reason to still watch you. You have SVU and Hannibal. I also loved The Office but understood it had run its course.

Irene Charette May 30, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Love the show. Keeps me interested. And of course Hugh Dancy is soo cute

lmilton May 30, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Killer show, literally, finally a show I can get my 19 year old to sit and watch with me!!! Please bring this back, one of the creepiest, scariest, smartest shows on tv but lets be real, give it a better lead in like a criminal minds or CSI and it does double the numbers, be smart about this one!

Leo May 29, 2013 at 7:21 pm

It’s a brilliant show and I’d be sad to see it go. Looks like it took quite a big hit when it was decided not to air episode 4. I didn’t really agree with them pulling the episode but it didn’t discourage me from continuing the show. Maybe the number of viewers isn’t as high as the network would have hoped for but all I’ve seen are positive reviews from some very big fans (myself included). Although positive feedback may not be as important to NBC as numbers are, I really hope that all the great things people are saying about this awesome show helps to convince them that it has a lot of promise.

Derek May 29, 2013 at 8:51 am

Great show! Renew for a 2nd season and add it to Hulu streaming please!

Amelia Boos May 28, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I love it! I think that Hannibal should be renewed for a second season! I look forward to watching it every week. I think that Hannibal is a great show, the best on tv. I think that Mads Mikkelsen is the best actor to portray as “Dr. Hannibal Lecter” than the actors who portrayed as him in movies. The show has perfect actors to be in the show, the scenery and the locations for the crime scenes are perfect! The show has to continue for a second season!

Deborah Hunt May 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm

This is an outstanding series with extraordinary actors in the main roles. I can’t believe the luck in getting a renowned international star like Mads Mikkelsen in the title role. His magnetism and intriguing take on the Hannibal character makes this show a real winning prospect. I implore you to renew this show and watch it grow in popularity and acclaim.

renee keene May 27, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I think the show is awesome. It is very creative and well written. I think they need to give the show a chance, they seem to cancel shows so fast now that you never get a chance to really bond with the characters. I think the entire cast is great and the show needs to be given another season.

marsha rodriguez May 26, 2013 at 10:04 pm

don’t cancel it. i’m just getting into it.