Helix, Being Human, Lost Girl, Bitten: Syfy Announces 2014 Premieres

Helix TV showSyfy has announced the 2014 premieres of several of their original TV series, including Helix, Bitten, Being Human, and Lost Girl. There are 13 new episodes of each series.

A new series, Helix is a thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak. They find much more than they were expecting. The cast includes Billy Campbell, Hiroyuki Sanada, Kyra Zagorsky, Mark Ghanimé, Jordan Hayes, Meegwun Fairbrother, Catherine Lemieux, and Neil Napier. The show kicks off with a pair of episodes on Friday, January 10th, at 10pm.

Season four of Lost Girl kicks off the following Monday, January 13th, at 8pm. George Takei and Ali Liebert guest-star this season. The fourth season premiere of Being Human will follow at 9pm. The show picks up four months after the season three finale.

Another new show, Bitten revolves around the only known female werewolf (Laura Vandervoort) who’s torn between two worlds and two loves. The rest of the cast includes Greg Bryk, Greyston Holt, and Paul Greene. The series debuts on Monday, January 13th, at 10pm.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to any of these Syfy shows?

Anna C. April 14, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Please renew Bitten. Its one of the few shows that I really like and follow. Lost Girl is another one we follow as well.

marie April 14, 2014 at 10:03 am

Awaiting the return of BITTEN, Bing Human, and Lost Girl. Helix needs to enhanced as it is boring.

marie April 14, 2014 at 10:01 am

Being human is exciting and not the old normal vampire, werewolf production keep it coming by all means. BITTEN is fresh new and comes with such vim. For once the lead werewolf is female and she is designed to handle her own. Lost girl is entertaining, but Helix I leave and to me it is boring. In Jacksonville, Florida we are ready and waiting for more of BEING HUMAN, BITTEN, and last not least Lost Girl.

Brenda April 10, 2014 at 5:53 am

Please renew the TV series “Bitten”. I loved it…I would love to see more, so please renew the series for next season….

stephany April 9, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Bitten is the best show yet it is Being Human was a great show and this falls right into that show catagory. Its all about putting two people and cast that work well together. When two actors have chemistry makes the whole show go pop

Sarah April 6, 2014 at 7:25 pm

I love Kelly Armstrong ! I really hope they keep going with the bitten series on space!!! So far I’m really loving that they have brought one of my fav. series to TV !!! Bring it back for season 2!!!!!

Michaela March 24, 2014 at 9:50 pm

I am a huge fan of Kelley Armstrong and her books (she is my favorite author) and Syfy has does a great job with turning the book into a show. I would love to see Bitten renewed. Please consider keeping it and giving it more time to grow a larger fan base.

Anonymous April 6, 2014 at 7:22 pm

I agree ! They need to keep it going!

BittenKGW March 1, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I love the show! I think if renewed the fan base would grow so much more. On TWITTER the CAST&CREW are very much involved with the fans (be sure to check out @bittentv). I’ve never seen a show that has so much potential BITTEN was a long time comming to tv medium and it’s got so much heart. You can tell how much hard work was put in to create a show that stayed true to its source material based off of KELLEY ARMSTRONG Book. The lead actress Laura Vandervoort does a lot of her own stunts with a history of a second degree black belt this women knows how to kickass, being a trail blazer for Strong Female lead which is seriously lacking in today’s tv shows. The rest of the cast have done a remarkable job of also performing their own stunts. This cast has brought the heart and should of the BITTEN WOLFPACK to life! Every episode keeps getting better and better! Join the BITTEN fandom on twitter talk to the cast and crew and HELP support the show to get RENEWED! #bitten #renewbitten
@bittenkgw

Laura February 25, 2014 at 3:31 pm

I really love Bitten please don’t cancel ..

Stacey February 19, 2014 at 12:03 am

Love bitten great show. Please don’t cancel. It brightens my Mondays

Mike February 16, 2014 at 4:38 am

I have mixed feelings about “Bitten”, because it could be a lot better. It appears, they are relying heavily on the sexual aspect of the female werewolf for ratings. It appears she has nothing more than a physical chemistry for the guy, they failed to develop a meaningful relationship between the two before she sets off to help her pack of wolves. The werewolves are non-traditional, meaning they don’t have to change at the full moon, rather they are able to do it at anytime, but if they don’t, the wolf part comes up eventually. This series would be a lot better if the script had more connections with the characters. It’s very shallow.

Saint March 26, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Mike is right, “Bitten” is a boring, shallow and frankly quite silly production. I couldn’t continue watching it. I did watch all of “Helix” and found it too to be a very cheap and idiotic show. Perhaps if we didn’t have great shows like “Breaking Bad”, “Walking Dead”, “Sleepy Hollow”, and the tour-de-force “ORPHAN BLACK”, these others wouldn’t look so bad. But stacked up against those? Helix and Bitten look like something high school kids would churn out.

Saint February 9, 2014 at 12:59 am

I really thought HELIX and BITTEN were going to be great- they are not. HELIX is just a cheaply cgi made, clumsy copy of RESIDENT EVIL. Having never been a fan of that franchise, I can only why bother copying it. Between the slap-dash writing and cheap production (although stationed in a CGI super lab in the Arctic, whenever the characters are outside in sub-zero temps in a snowstorm, they never seem cold, and once they come inside they are dry as a bone), not to mention the muddled story line, I’m seeing this getting cancelled soon. BITTEN, which is just the werewolf version of all the vampire family crap (TRUE BLOOD, VAMP DIARIES, etc,) even worse. It’s dull, boring, predictable; hot female lead has a torrid past with hot male lead; its only a matter of time before they you-know-what (oh wait, 2nd episode and they already did). And again, cheap cgi “werewolves” don’t help. This schlock should never have made it to the air.

Thomas D December 25, 2013 at 12:59 am

I’d watch anything with Laura Vandervoort in it!

James Simons December 9, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Looking forward to Bitten and Helix actually iam biting my nails off because I have a feeling these two are keepers. Syfy is my favorite channel Thanks from James in North Carolina.