Jane By Design: Should It Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

ABC Family TV show Jane by Design canceled or renewedTonight, ABC Family airs the last episode of the first season of Jane By Design. Will the show be cancelled or be given a second season instead?

Jane By Design follows a quirky teenager who has a unique fashion sense. By chance, she gets hired at a hip fashion house and must juggle her job responsibilities while still attending high school. The cast includes Erica Dasher, Andie MacDowell, Rowly Dennis, India de Beaufort, Ser’Darius Blain, Brooke Lyons, Nick Roux, Meagan Tandy, Matthew Atkinson, and David Clayton Rogers.

The TV series debuted in January to 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The numbers for week two dropped about 30% but came back up again in weeks three and four.

ABC Family initially ordered 10 installments and those finished airing on March 6th. Rather than renew Jane By Design for a second season, the cable channel ordered eight more installments to be added to season one.

Those started airing in June and, to date, the first season of Jane By Design has averaged 1.29 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating.

Will it be cancelled or renewed? That’s hard to say. It’s the worst performing scripted series on ABC Family right now — but not by much. The latest episodes have performed about as well as the first batch, when ABC Family seemed happy enough with the numbers to order more episodes.

It’s not a positive indication that ABC Family hasn’t renewed it yet but a renewal could still be forthcoming. Either way, we’ll let you know as soon as we hear some news about the show’s fate.

But, what do you think? Should Jane By Design be renewed for a second season or cancelled? How does it compare to the other shows on ABC Family?

Kathleen August 18, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Jane by Design is a great show, a lot of friends watch this show together

Kathleen August 18, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Not only do I enjoy Jane by Design, but so does my 77 year old mother. This show gives us something to talk about on the phone. I enjoy many onshows on ABC Family, this is one I would hate to see end. To have a character live 2 secret lives and be able to juggle those lives in an entertaining way would be a shame to cancel it.

Ashley August 18, 2012 at 11:42 am

This is a great show! So many people love it! It’s cute and flirty and I enjoyed spending my Tuesday nights watching Jane and Billy. I think ABC Family should, without a doubt, renew Jane By Design.

Abigail August 18, 2012 at 3:39 am

RENEWWW ITS MY FAV SHOW AND I WOULD DIE IF IT GOT CANCELLED :*(

Betsy August 17, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Just read that ABC Family is not renewing Jane By Design. I’m so disappointed that this show is not going to be back for a season 2. ABC Family has renewed shows like Lying Game and Make It or Break It, which also didn’t pull big ratings, for second seasons so I don’t see why they are dumping Jane By Design so quickly. I would love to see Jane get together with Billy and Gray to figure out that Jane is still in high school.

Chloe August 17, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I AM PRAYING THAT YOU RENEW JANE BY DESIGN! pleaseeeeeee :( it was the only show I watched! I will HATE ABCFAMILY if you don’t renew. Trust me

margarita August 17, 2012 at 4:10 pm

RENEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEE I love this shooooooowwwwww!

Teresa Fauntleroy August 17, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Please don’t cancel Jane by Design! I love this show and if you cancel it, it will be the 2nd show that I enjoyed that would have been cancelled. If you have to cancel it, at least give us a proper ending so we know what happened with Gray & India, Jeremy & Jane, Jane & Billy, etc. There are so many loose ends that need to be tied up!

margarita August 17, 2012 at 4:11 pm

you are sooooooooo right!

yuly August 17, 2012 at 11:27 am

pleaseeee renwewwwwww

Joha August 16, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Please RENEW

Bria August 16, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I love Jane By Design So Much I Pray They Don’t Cancel It Because We Didn’t Even Really Get A Resolution. We Were Left With A Cliffhanger. I Along With Many Other People Really Wish Jane By Design To Renewed For Another Series. Please Don’t Take This Series Away When There Are Others That Are No Where As Good As Jane By Design. I Would Be Really Upset If I Were No Longer Able To See Jane, Billy, Nick, Ben, Rita, Jeremy, Eli, India. Carter, and etc. I Love Jane By Design And Hopefully It Will Be Renewed.

Mia August 16, 2012 at 6:16 pm

RENEW, RENEW, RENEW

This is a great show!

Julie August 16, 2012 at 12:00 pm

RENEW the show please please please! i love it so so much!

Sami August 16, 2012 at 11:58 am

PLEASE RENEW THE SHOW ITS AMAZING! YOU CANNOT CANCEL!

Lori August 15, 2012 at 8:05 pm

RENEW! Love this show. Can’t wait for it to come back. Please don’t cancel.