Made in Jersey: Cast Reactions to CBS Cancellation

CBS made the decision to cancel Made in Jersey a couple days ago, due to declining ratings. Fans of the Friday night drama are understandably upset by the cancellation and the cast and crew of the show certainly know how they feel.

Here are a few comments from the cast, via Twitter:

Toni Trucks (Cyndi Vega): “Sad 2 C #madeinjersey go so soon. THX 2 ALL who reached out. I have chosen an unpredictable career. It is my burden & GREAT pleasure. Onward!”

Jessica Blank (Deb Garretti Keenan): “thanks @MadeInJerseyCBS for the amazing ride and fans for your support- it was beautiful. look fwd to seeing you on another project soon”

Megalyn Echikunwoke (Riley Parker): “Its official.You wont be seeing #MadeInJersey this fri nite or anymore. Thanks to all who supported our incredibly talented cast and crew!”

Aaron Roman Weiner (Bryan): “A huge thank u to @mrmayason for the opportunity to work on #MadeInJersey. We had a blast. Hate 2 see it go. Now onto the next adventure”

Erin Cummings (Bonnie Garretti): “Thanks for all the lovely notes re: cancellation of @MadeInJerseyCBS. Disappointed but thankful to have been working this year. #blessed”

TV show supportCummings followed this up with a plea to her baseball team: “Dear @Tigers, my tv show was cancelled today. I need you to win the series tonight. For real. Thank you, Erin”

And finally, “Show cancelled – sad, but no tears. Tigers lost – sad, but no tears. Goldfish died – been crying hysterically & calling friends for support.”

What do you think? Are you sad or, like the cast, philosophical about the cancellation? What would you say to the cast and crew of Made in Jersey?

Dave October 13, 2012 at 8:52 am

Does all the Network excutives have thier heads stuck up their asses. My goodness give a show a chance. This was a very good show with lots of potential but these idiots don’t even give it a chance to catch on. This is why I stopped watching new shows on NBC and Fox now I guess I’ll stop on CBS also.

Renade October 13, 2012 at 5:58 am

I liked this show..you didn’t give it a chance.

TV-lover October 13, 2012 at 3:41 am

One of my fav. series this autumn, was so looking forward to watch the 3rd episode.
CBS – bring back Made in Jersey!!

barbara October 12, 2012 at 10:03 pm

well cbs has done it again messed up,you have nothing to offer for us to watch. And you cancel made in Jersey . So bye bye for the last time , what a bunch of poor decision making people.

Debbie October 12, 2012 at 9:19 pm

CSI Miami has millions of faithful fans, I’m one of them, the show NEVER should have been cancelled-Made in Jersey was NEVER given a chance, 2 shows and axed?? I liked the first two episodes and had my DVR set for series record-I, for one, would have continued watching. Who’s making these decisions?? CBS-what a disappointment.

Pat messmer October 12, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Liked made in Jersey. Good actors and interesting situations. Two episodes is hardly enough to get a full picture. Do wish CBS wouldn’t be in such a hurry to throw good actors away for yet another reality show. Please look closer at this show. I for one like to see a young scrappy think on her feet lady who sees the underdog and wants to help. I want to see more of this show and more shows with quality actors.

Pat October 12, 2012 at 8:48 pm

CBS has done it again! Last year it was “A Gifted Man” a great show they didn’t give a chance and now they cancel Made in Jersey after two episodes. I liked this show.

We don’t want to see repeats of old shows filling the time spot.

CBS – you need to get it right!

desert October 12, 2012 at 7:21 pm

The preseason teases of Made in Jersey had cancelled written all over them. No idea what angle the network was trying to convey to entice viewership…what ever it was, it apparently didn’t work. Perhaps the inclusion of the word “Jersey” turned people off (Jersey Shore screwed it for everyone). Leave CSI: Miami off air. It served its life plus some. The storyline was getting too bizarre.

Anonymous October 12, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I’ve always been an avid viewer of csi miami, but i loved the new legal drama as well. 2 shows is not enough time to decide to cut something. They both need to be on air.

Linda October 12, 2012 at 6:24 pm

So upset you cancel a really good show! Made in Jersey was was of those shows I looked forward to watch. Not fair after only 2 shows. Please bring it back.

lolo October 12, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I am so sad because I actually really liked this show. There are not a lot of shows that I watched on TV but this is one them that I actually enjoyed. They have only showed 2 episodes. Why cancel it after 2 episodes? CBS come on be smart and actually go with 4 to 6 episodes.

alan October 12, 2012 at 5:34 pm

i thought the show was great–csi miami sucks

janice October 13, 2012 at 9:34 am

I agree. I don’t get it this is the reason I don’t like to watch new shows on the network channels ya start watching them then they get cancelled whats the point CSI is the cheesiest cop show I’ve ever seen. what happened to unforgettable, cold case, without a trace ect….? good shows replaced with mindless comedies and reality shows

J Joseph Antonielloj October 12, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I never watch CBS. And after this, I will never watch again…..another executive decision that is totally stupid……

Carol October 12, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I loved Made in Jersey!!!!! 2 episodes is not nearly enough time to make that . Please reconsider!

primetimeblabber October 12, 2012 at 3:33 pm

oh well….the show looked boring….I am on CBS side….should never been green lighted in the first place…..Bring Back CSI Miami