Major Crimes: TNT Orders Four More Episodes

Major CrimesThe Closer and Brenda Leigh Johnson (Kyra Sedgwick) may be gone but TNT certainly isn’t done with the rest of the department and the Major Crimes spin-off. The cable channel renewed Major Crimes for a second season back in September.

Now, TNT has ordered four additional installments, bringing the new season total to 19 episodes. That’s nearly twice the size of the show’s first season which averaged 5.18 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic.

Season two of Major Crimes kicks off on June 10th. It’s unclear however if TNT will air all of the episodes over the summer or if they’ll break the season up into two parts.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to the second season of Major Crimes? Are you glad there will be even more episodes? Would you prefer that they run the whole second season over the summer?

Canceled and renewed TV show

13 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tyler says

WHERE IS KYRA SEDGWICK ? The team is great but why do the producers get one replacement who looks like she doesn’t belong there with the team in the show ? Besides with such a highly-efficient male team, they already can solve crimes themselves without this captain standing around. She’s just a sore thumb among the cast.

2. Alexis says

I love the original . The Closer had a fantastic female lead in Kyra Sedgwick. I loved her wit and she’s a natural. I love the great support from her team. I did initially expect a younger team but they proved me wrong when they proved their professionalism, cooperation and even brought humour to the show. Major Crimes? Well, I’m watching it still, only because I like the very same team very much in the Closer. I was a bit confused at first, with the change of title. Somehow the female lead, Sharon, didn’t make an impression as she seemed ‘woody’ and mostly expressionless. She doesn’t seem to fit in, and there doesn’t seem to be a rapport between her and the team of guys.

3. joan dix says

I would like the whole series shown through out the summer. But yesterdays program, with Sharon’s husband turning up was poor quality. To me he absolutely added nothing to the program. They are starting to bring in too much personal things instead of focusing on the great actors in the department.

4. patricia says

Hi, I’m in the UK and have been watching Major Crimes, it’s a great program, with a fabulous cast, but it’s now finished, will there be more for us in to watch on UK TV? (I was also a follower of the Closer, another great show)
    Many thanks
    Patricia

5. patricia says

Will there be more “Major Crime series on the UK TV?. It has just finished here, will there be more possibly later this year? Great series with a really good cast, and fabulous story lines.

6. Mary says

PLEASE run all episodes over the summer!!! I think we all develop routines and look forward to winding down to the show/s we enjoy. So frustrating during any season to have my “routine” changed by finding out my favorite show has taken the night off, sometimes for two weeks in a row, even when it’s not a holiday week.

• Norma says

II hopoe they continue MAJOR CRIMES. I am looking forward to watching it for a long time. BRING IT OIN Norma

7. says

Please air a whole summer of episodes of this great show! We enjoyed this even more than the original series, The Closer.

8. Jo Anne Jacobs says

I am overjoyed!! One of the best cable shows ever. The cast is great and the scripts are outstanding!! I look forward to the new season no matter how it is scheduled.

9. says

YES!! Thank you, TNT!! I love quality scripted dramas and this is one of the very best. Great ensemble cast and storylines. It doesn’t matter how they are aired, just that they will be shown.