Mind Games

Mind Games TV show on ABCNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 13 but eight unaired (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 25, 2014 — March 25, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Steve Zahn, Christian Slater, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Wynn Everett, Gregory Marcel, Cedric Sanders, and Jaime Ray Newman.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramedy revolves around two brothers who problem solve using psychological manipulation. They can tailor a plan to influence any life-altering situation, thereby making their clients’ dreams come true and their nightmares go away.

Their unusual Edwards and Associates business is based on the belief that people’s decisions are influenced by their environment in ways they’re not aware.

A former university professor and world-renowned expert in the fields of human behavior, psychology and motivation, Clark Edwards (Steve Zahn) has a checkered history, which stems from his bipolar disorder. Clark’s academic career imploded when the university became aware that he was having an affair with a 22-year-old undergraduate. He’s still unable to reconcile losing the girl, and tries to focus his manic energy on his brother’s new fortune-making plan.

Ross Edwards (Christian Slater) is a brilliant schemer who’s recently been released from prison after a two-year stint for fraud. He comes up with a business model that he believes can make him and his team millions of dollars. This divorced and incurable ladies’ man often confuses honesty with opportunism. Although his energy is infectious, his tactics can be questionable and his strategies border on the illegal.

Also on their team are:

Latrell Griffin (Cedric Sanders) is a serious and talented young man. He’s from a tough neighborhood and was recruited by Ross who saw a raw and untapped talent for business in him.

Miles Hood (Gregory Marcel) is a geeky trust-fund-baby. He’s a promising behavioral psychology grad student with Clark’s flair for the science and Ross’ general disregard for ethics.

Samantha “Sam” Gordon (Jaime Ray Newman) is an ex-con who Ross met during his court-mandated group therapy and rehabilitation sessions. Sam’s abilities to read people and improvise is impressive and allowed her to work her way onto the team.

Megan Shane (Megalyn Echikunwoke) is an actress who uses her beauty and acting skills to help the team turn their scientific schemes into real world results.

Beth Scott (Katherine Cunningham) is the former undergrad student with whom Clark had the affair. She claims to still be in love with Clark, but Ross wonders if she can handle an actual relationship with his brother.
space

Series Finale

Episode #13
This episode has not aired yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Mind Games TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Tracy Kelsey April 15, 2014 at 9:01 am

They cancelled Mind Games to air CELEBRITY WIFE SWAP???? Are you freaking kidding me??? Has this country become so sad and lazy that we would prefer to watch this drivel as opposed to a heart-felt show that might actually make us use our hearts and mind. SERIOUSLY???

Valerie April 25, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I totally agree!!!

strollo April 14, 2014 at 3:27 am

I am disappointed that Mind Games had been cancelled. It was too brillant a concept for most of the viewers and thus, the population could not comprehend the psyche basis and approach. I hope the TV viewers will someday appreciate higher cognitive entertainment such as this one as well as Michael J. Fox’s cancelled sitcom, which was absolutely a winner.

Shauna April 13, 2014 at 12:23 am

Sooo pissed this show was cancelled agree with a lot of other comments loved the idea of this show, the creativity, and the lack of violence sex and drugs. Would’ve loved to at least see what happened. Have at least somewhat of an ending. Can’t even begin to understand what the “big wigs” were thinking.

Valerie April 25, 2014 at 12:09 pm

The “big wigs” weren’t thinking..sigh

Melinda April 12, 2014 at 11:48 pm

I truly loved this show and am deeply disappointed in ABC. For heavens sake, give the new shows a decent amount of time before cancelling them. I am sick that there are several more shows that were taped that I cannot view. I think if you just tone down the Dr. (he was a bit over the top) you would see good ratings quite quickly. Give it another chance!

Andy April 12, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Finally a good adult show that is smart and entertaining, BrING IT BACK!

Melissa Mason April 12, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I was upset when my recordings stopped. I thought there was something wrong with my DVR. I looked up how to watch episode 6 and 7, and I was shocked to see it had been cancelled. I loved the idea of the story behind it being different than any other series I have ever watched. Five episodes? Come on! Give the series at least a season. I hope that it can be brought back, or at least a way given to watch the season. If I could buy the series on DVD, I would.

Pat April 12, 2014 at 2:22 am

Mind games should be given a chance. Good stories and a good cast. ABC really does mean “always the best cancelled”.

Belinda April 9, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Loved the show! Put it back on please!

Melba April 9, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I really liked this show. Please keep it going!

Beth Manitsas April 8, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I really liked this show and am disgusted that they cancelled it after airing 5 shows. What is wrong with television these days. I almost feel like NOT watching any new shows because I’m continually disappointed. ABC should be ashamed that it only gave it 5 shows to get good ratings.

msmerlin April 8, 2014 at 8:46 pm

It sucks that this show was cancelled! I wonder why it was? Maybe actually giving away secrets? This was one of the few intelligent shows now on TV, and it didn’t rely on a bunch of shootings/stabbings/car crashes/abductions/beatings/general violence. But of course networks would rather have something stupid on…

Carol Jones April 7, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I’m sorry to hear Mind Games was cancelled. It had an interesting story line without a lot of violence or sexual content. I was hoping that they would get more into the mindset of different personality types, like the cancelled tv show “Lie to Me” where face reading and expressions were the indicators of truth or lies.
I hope they will re-think their decision.

Anonymous April 7, 2014 at 7:22 pm

which they had not cancelled the show. it was an interest concept for a series.

Carol Bunce April 7, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Excuse, me you don’t even see the excellent and interesting plot. Not just another ordinary series. ABC should not have cancelled the series.

robert west April 6, 2014 at 3:07 pm

the show should have been called mindless games,the plot and cast looked liked a high school play no offence to high school plays.i loved the show they cancelled killer women and I hope they bring it back.