Moonlight: Fans Mount Campaigns to Save the CBS Vampire Detective Series

IMAGEIn February, CBS gave early renewals for eleven of the network’s popular series. One cult favorite missing from the list was the freshman romantic series Moonlight. The series had been performing decently on Friday nights but, because of the writers strike, there haven’t been any new episodes in months. The network is producing four new episodes for this season and will begin airing April 25th. Before giving the go-ahead for season two, CBS likely wants to see if anyone remembers the series.

Fans of the vampire series aren’t waiting to see if the cancellation axe falls before starting campaigns to save it. “Operation: Renew Moonlight” kicked off yesterday and the folks from three fan sites aren’t April Fooling around. They’ve united to encourage fans to fill out a campaign form and send it along with a clove of garlic to Nina Tassler, the president of CBS. Check out Moonlight-United.com for more information.

In another effort, fans wanting to draw attention to the series are teaming up with the Red Cross and YouChoose.net for a weeklong blood drive. The campaign plans have impressed series star Alex O’Loughlin enough to become a spokesman for the Red Cross.

[/unformat]

The “Blood Drive to Save Moonlight Campaign” will be held from April 18th through April 27th (corresponding with the start of new episodes) in cities like Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Philadelphia. There are over 4,000 pledges to date and fans are being invited to donate their time, blood or cash to support the effort and the Red Cross. Blood drive participants will be given a special t-shirt as a thank-you. For more information, head on over to MoonlightBloodDrive.org.

CBS announces their 2008-09 schedule in May so we should know if the fans’ hard work has paid off by then. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Heather May 28, 2009 at 9:01 pm

AT a time when vampires are so popular- you cancel the best vamp show on tv- why??? Bring it back….Cash in on the Twilight phase… be smart… I love this show.

EMILY GARCIA May 24, 2009 at 12:31 am

PRETTY PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE bring back moonlight it is my favorite show i love it and i would love to see more seasons you’ll see if you bring it back see how is does in the ratings you’ll be shocked surprised and happy about the respond you get from so many loyal fans please reconsider and bring it back please!!!!!!! pretty please with a cherry on top.

Biggest Fan!!!!! May 23, 2009 at 4:23 pm

I agree with amy from may 8th. i didnt know about moonlight and if i did i definately would have watched it. it was just lack of advertising in my case because i watch things on that channel all the time. my grandma let me borrow the first season and i couldnt stop watchin it. please bring it back, me and the other fans were left without a lot of answers and we are dying!!!!! you need to bring it back sooner than later.

Kim S May 20, 2009 at 7:30 pm

Bring MOONLIGHT back!!!!! It was one of my favorite shows. What is wrong with all the stations. Reality Shows suck and I am tired of seeing so many on and all the good shows getting cancelled.

crystal May 20, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Moonlight was a great show, would love to see a season 2!!!!

rachel May 19, 2009 at 4:03 pm

moonlight is the greatest vampire/detective show. bring it back please!!!!!!

misty May 12, 2009 at 10:55 pm

please please bring back moonlight it was a great line show after ghost whisper it made you tune in week after week .it was such a great show please bring it back and you’ll see the ratings shoot through the roof and on the top of the liter boards.PLEASE!!!!! consider bringing moonlight back please.

Jacquelyn May 10, 2009 at 5:18 pm

I LOVE MOONLIGHT please please please bring it back it was the best show on. Please it was terrifing to find out you cancelled it please :(

amy May 8, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I just found out about this show 2 weeks ago. I looked up the episodes and from the first one, I was hooked. I found myself staying up into the wee hours of the morning(and with three kids, between 6months and 4 1/2 yrs that is no small feat!) simply because I was too hooked to stop watching. I began ravenously searching for information on the second season the moment I finished episode 16, and was devestated to find that the show had been canceled! Atleast it ended on a happy note, BUT still, there are so many unanswered questions, and they finally end up together, just for the show to end! You dont get to see their relaitonship when they finally get together. From what I hear the ratings were good before, already. BUT I think the show simply did not get enough advertising. I just barely heard about it for goodness sakes! I think if you brought it back, and put out more advertising, it would be through the roof of ratings. Especially with the Twilight series uprising, the vampire effect is coming back into play, and popularity is returning in full force. Give it another try, just one season, I bet you wouldnt be sorry! Your fans definitely wouldnt!

bobby May 7, 2009 at 10:08 pm

please please bring back my favorite show it was terrific that show had you on the edge of your seat but you tuned in every week to see what next weeks show was about please please with sugar and a cherry on top bring back MOONLIGHT!!!!!!!!

carlos May 7, 2009 at 8:58 pm

please bring back moonlight!!! thats my wife’s favorite show if she’s not happy no one is please!!!! bring it back please!!!!!

becky says May 7, 2009 at 8:46 pm

please please please bring back moonlight it was a terrific show with all the same cast ,give it another chance you will see your ratings shut up the charts.everyone is hoping for its return please consider bringing moonlight back pretty please!!!!!!

Dana April 25, 2009 at 8:29 pm

It’d be hard to believe that someone wouldn’t bring back moonlight aftere all the hard work the fans have been doing. I think it’d be worth it to just make a second season, at the very (VERY) Least to use that second season to end the series. But it would be just…Horrible to just end it like that with all those die-hard fans trying so hard to bring it back. There really isn’t any justice in the world if it doesn’t come back on the air with a second season. (With the same cast, i might add. if anyone let Alex go the fans really would… well there wouldn’t be any fans…) =] Good luck Moonlight! and Alex.

diana April 24, 2009 at 10:22 pm

My husband and I both loved Moonlight and were so disappointed when it was canceled. We never missed an episode and we sure would love to see it return! Please give Moonlight a second chance at life!

Gwennie April 24, 2009 at 7:54 pm

With the success of Twilight and True Blood, CBS or someone should bring back Moonlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this show. I watch all reruns on SciFi and/or TiVo them.