Nashville: Season Two Ratings

Nashville season two ratingsLast season, it looked like Nashville might be cancelled but ABC decided to renew the show instead. Will the ratings rise in season two so its future is assured or will the numbers drop so it cancelled this time? We’ll have to wait and see.

The Nashville TV show revolves around a rising country star (Hayden Panettiere) and a legendary superstar (Connie Britton) whose fame is fading. Others in the cast are Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Jonathan Jackson, Chris Carmack, Lennon Stella, and Maisy Stella.

5/10 update: Nashville has been renewed for a third season of 22 episodes by ABC.

Final season averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.34 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The first season of Nashville averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.94 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Nashville TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

277 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Mandy says

Do not cancel this show! It is my all time favorite and it gets better and better every time I watch! I am always so excited for Wednesdays just so I can watch Nashville!!

2. Jannice says

Noooo, don’t canecel Nashville! It’s my all-time-favourite show, the one I look forward to most all week. It has everything and the music is just amazing <3

3. Desirae says

Please, please, please do not cancel! This show is awesome and you need to have it on your schedule consistently, not a three week break here or a two week break there! Love, love, love it!

4. Julie says

Dear ABC……………….Please change your DEMOGRAPHIC! I am 57 yrs old and all of my friends and family are watching and enjoying NASHVILLE. We are all dreading the announcement that you have decided to cancel our favorite show and that you are keeping some other junk in its place.

NASHVILLE is the most awaited show on TV today. Also, bear in mind that you have repeated left us with reruns and that is reflected in the ratings weekly. IF you want it to fail, you have certainly paved the way by scheduling repeats. Just being honest.

Thanks for your time, I hope this makes its way to the powers that be.

5. Bobby says

being from Nashville I enjoy watching how it has impacted the city…still can’t get a reservation @ the Blue bird!

6. Eli says

Please do not cancel the show! It is my favorite new ABC show! Love all the characters and all the singing. Plus their tour in three cities is all sold out – that means it has lots of fans!

7. Tana says

Nashville is awsome! Leave it on, why do you keep taking good shows off the air and replacing them with series that only lasts for half a season! Give it a chance for goodness sakes!

8. melanie says

PLEASE ABC DO NOT CANCEL NASHVILLE!!!!!!! IT IS ONE OF THE BETTEE SHOWS. I MEAN IF YOU CANCEL YOU PUT ON JUNK. SO DONT MESS UP A GOOD THING. NASHVILLE AND GENERAL HOSPITAL ARE THE ONLY THINGS WORTH WATCHING ON ABC. THE COMEDIES ARE STUPID AND MOST DEFINITELY NOT FUNNY. I MISS TGIF NOW YALL HAD A HIT THERE.

9. Liz says

Please renew Nashville! I love this show and look forward to Wednesdays because of it! Love the characters, love Nashville, and love the singing. Best show on TV by far.

10. bill schoepp says

Nashville is 1 of 4 shows that my wife and I both look forward to. When it is not on, our week is lessened. As we are housebound with illness, this show means a lot to us, even though we are not in the right demographic