No Ordinary Family: ABC TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

No Ordinary Family canceled season twoThe Powells may have super powers but they weren’t strong enough to save their TV series. No Ordinary Family has been cancelled after one season on the air.

No Ordinary Family revolves around suburban family who, while on vacation, crash into Amazon River and gain special abilities. The cast includes Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Autumn Reeser, Jimmy Bennett, Kay Panabaker, Tate Donovan, Christina Chang, and Romany Malco.

The drama had a decent debut last September with a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million total viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings didn’t stay at that level and dropped by 16% in week two and then 15% in week three. The numbers kept declining and went as low as a 1.2 demo rating and just 4.26 million viewers in March.

Should No Ordinary Family have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The network cut the episode order but it was already clear by that point that the show was finished. ABC pre-empted one installment and bumped the penultimate episode to Saturday nights, an evening when few are watching. The first season of No Ordinary Family ended up averaging a 1.8 in the demo and 6.4 million viewers, making it one of the lowest dramas of the ABC season.

TV show supportABC has now officially cancelled No Ordinary Family. All 18 episodes have aired. Hopefully, at some point, the producers will share what they had planned for the future of the series.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be a second season for No Ordinary Family? Why do you think the series didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our ABC cancel/renew page.

Ellis Mensah March 27, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Just can’t believe it. It shouldn’t hve end like that. Please bring it back the series cuz its a family and not to that of the other superhero movies. I couldn’t believe when I was told Its cancelled.

Anonymous March 15, 2014 at 3:03 am

Why on earth would you cancel such great tv series, i don’t know why u guys like cancelling ur tv series with the excuse of not so many people watching it e.g KYLE XY…. i haven’t heard of the CW cancelling a tv series b4… u guys should try to change that and bring back both tv series NO ORDINARY FAMILY especially

Felix Eluake February 20, 2014 at 2:17 am

hey, just can’t believe that’s the end of such a great series. It is family oriented and gives me a lot to hope for. Though I thought Dr. King shouldn’t have died he could have been useful much more than used. But please you cannot cancel it, I watched it with colleagues on-set here in Ghana and they loved it, they all couldn’t believe it when I told them ‘No ordinary family’ is cancelled.

Kathy Olmstead February 14, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I think it was TOO CLEAN for the Pigs of America that think everything has to revolve around SEX and CUSSING.
Please bring it back. I would not hesitate to let my young grandchildren or my TEENage granddaughter watch it.
The superhero movies are all so Very violent and just teaching our little ones VIOLENCE.
All of it is mostly unrealistic but this was at least wholesome and family oriented.

Please people from america do something we from Europa Will tell more and more, thans and peace February 7, 2014 at 9:51 pm

To bad realy bad. I love the serie and I just found iT on a website YouTube, after that I watched iT. And love iT. It’s a Great one! To bad it’s cancelend. The one who can but iT back on the air I recomant to do that. Cause you never realy know how iT realy looks like in the future! I’m from europe germany and want to watch. If the hole world is watching you have more Than 10,2 milion people watching so make more seasons! The hole school knows About no ordinary family and my working colleges and by Facebook or just internet probebly more people

www February 7, 2014 at 9:46 pm

elise January 28, 2014 at 12:40 am

I just watched the complete first season all episodes of “No Ordinary Family” on dvd’s I purchased at Walmart. I agree with you. I loved this series and wish there was more. Obviously, A BC cares only about money and not the 4.5 million who were faithful viewers. Sitting through the commercials is what kills a show for me. So is there ever any thing we can do to get this series back. Or get it made into a movie that would continue where the series left off?

ahmad January 16, 2014 at 8:02 am

It was a good show with agood cast
You may work on the script not cancelling the show
It is really very good show

Anonymous December 30, 2013 at 12:14 am

This is so stupid you guys get me all into this show but then decide to cancel it because nobody watches it well what about those who do watch it and are anxious for the next season who they canceled I would rethink it of canceling it

Abigal February 1, 2014 at 7:58 pm