No Ordinary Family: ABC TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

No Ordinary Family canceled season twoThe Powells may have super powers but they weren’t strong enough to save their TV series. No Ordinary Family has been cancelled after one season on the air.

No Ordinary Family revolves around suburban family who, while on vacation, crash into Amazon River and gain special abilities. The cast includes Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Autumn Reeser, Jimmy Bennett, Kay Panabaker, Tate Donovan, Christina Chang, and Romany Malco.

The drama had a decent debut last September with a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million total viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings didn’t stay at that level and dropped by 16% in week two and then 15% in week three. The numbers kept declining and went as low as a 1.2 demo rating and just 4.26 million viewers in March.

Should No Ordinary Family have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The network cut the episode order but it was already clear by that point that the show was finished. ABC pre-empted one installment and bumped the penultimate episode to Saturday nights, an evening when few are watching. The first season of No Ordinary Family ended up averaging a 1.8 in the demo and 6.4 million viewers, making it one of the lowest dramas of the ABC season.

TV show supportABC has now officially cancelled No Ordinary Family. All 20 episodes have aired. Hopefully, at some point, the producers will share what they had planned for the future of the series.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be a second season for No Ordinary Family? Why do you think the series didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our ABC cancel/renew page.

Yesenia March 23, 2015 at 3:21 am

BRING THIS SHOW BACK !!!!

Nilez March 22, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Not 18, but 20 Episodes.

admin March 22, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Thanks

kuku March 3, 2015 at 8:40 am

what a shame i loved that show with a passion

Anonymous February 15, 2015 at 7:17 am

What they can’t cancel it it was amazing

louise regan February 14, 2015 at 8:44 am

We thought no ordinary family was brilliant , we watched it on netflix, after it all finished I went onto amazon to buy the second series to find out that there isn’t a second one. Such a shame.

Anonymous February 24, 2015 at 8:50 am

i wounded if no ordinary family is still on netflix.

Nicole February 12, 2015 at 11:20 pm

I just watched the whole of Season One on Netflix and I’m beyond disappointed that they haven’t made another season. I didn’t know it even existed until nearly FOUR YEARS after the final episode aired – maybe it wasn’t promoted enough globally because I would have been 15 and, had I known about it over here in the UK, I’d have watched it.

The worst part is the fact that you can tell the series hadn’t concluded. The open-endedness is so blatantly obvious that you can’t not feel like you’re missing out on a damn good storyline with Season Two. There are 80 supervillains running around, the Powells have been found out, there’s a superbaby with two normal parents and an A.D.A who finally has the powers he’s been semi-hoping for – yet you don’t make another season?! Ridiculous.

I understand that viewings are important to figure out if it’s worth spending the money, but maybe it flopped because one (or more) of the actors wanted to drop out or not enough people saw the insane Season One finale to want to continue watching another season.

The acting wasn’t the greatest, but these were good enough actors who meshed together very well and it wouldn’t matter how many A-list actors you through in a film if ther was no chemistry on screen – there is with this cast.

Very disappointed that they didn’t at least do a two hour episode to give the viewers closure on the story.

Michelle February 6, 2015 at 3:30 pm

No ordinary family is an gripping programme, I couldn’t wait to watch the next episode. The characters were well matched and I am devasted that I have just read that there will be no more! You can’t do this to us just because your viewings were down does not count for alot maybe its just that the word hasn’t got out what an amazing programme this is. I beg of you please please pretty please keep airing the serious as I believe it will take off =D

Anonymous February 3, 2015 at 2:04 pm

I thought that No Ordinary Family is an amazing show. It’s such a shame that it is not carrying onto season 2. I really want to see if George gets powers and what superpowers does the baby of Joshua and Katie have.