No Ordinary Family: ABC TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

No Ordinary Family canceled season twoThe Powells may have super powers but they weren’t strong enough to save their TV series. No Ordinary Family has been cancelled after one season on the air.

No Ordinary Family revolves around suburban family who, while on vacation, crash into Amazon River and gain special abilities. The cast includes Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Autumn Reeser, Jimmy Bennett, Kay Panabaker, Tate Donovan, Christina Chang, and Romany Malco.

The drama had a decent debut last September with a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million total viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings didn’t stay at that level and dropped by 16% in week two and then 15% in week three. The numbers kept declining and went as low as a 1.2 demo rating and just 4.26 million viewers in March.

Should No Ordinary Family have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The network cut the episode order but it was already clear by that point that the show was finished. ABC pre-empted one installment and bumped the penultimate episode to Saturday nights, an evening when few are watching. The first season of No Ordinary Family ended up averaging a 1.8 in the demo and 6.4 million viewers, making it one of the lowest dramas of the ABC season.

TV show supportABC has now officially cancelled No Ordinary Family. All 18 episodes have aired. Hopefully, at some point, the producers will share what they had planned for the future of the series.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be a second season for No Ordinary Family? Why do you think the series didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our ABC cancel/renew page.

Edward Abbey October 23, 2014 at 4:21 am

no ordinary family should come back again as top movie in nigeria we need more episodes …….. come on!!!!

Edward Abbey October 23, 2014 at 4:29 am

so we dont get to see goerge’s powers , what about the no ordinary passengers you should really do smth about it.

Jack October 18, 2014 at 8:51 am

Bring No Ordinary Family back one of the best and interesting shows in the UK and really easy to enjoy watching with family & friends get this back its amazing :)

kate October 15, 2014 at 5:51 am

Bring it back please take a note out of all the super heroes they never gave up so easily .Brilliant show don’t know what your thinking .

Lee Rankin October 11, 2014 at 8:20 pm

they so should bring this show back it was great it deserves another shot maybe on netflix or something

ivy October 11, 2014 at 8:33 am

Why did you cancel it ? It was an awesome show!!!!!! There are some boring shows you should just cancel cause they are so boring!!!!

chanel October 9, 2014 at 7:57 am

I don’t get it, u put da show on and then your quick to take it off, I’m in da UK we don’t see the show right away, your head of us. Just start to watch it and then it’s off and no renewal

Tazmin October 6, 2014 at 3:18 pm

No Ordinary Family cancelled what the hell where you guys thinking?! Are you guys mad!
What happens to the baby huh?! What powers does George have !!? Do they take away the bad guys powers?! This is just too much! I dont care if some people think its just a tv show because who ever they are there dumb! Cancelling NOF is just putting people through pain and making people such as myself suffer and you guys are responsible! I hope your all proud of yourselves! Oh and people that stopped watching No Ordinary Family You need help man !

Tazmin October 8, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Oh oh oh and AND it all looked so real!!!!!!!! Soooooooooo! Now please get the characters back together and make that season 2!! And I know I already said whoever stopped watching throughout the show needs help but ya do! You are all the reason why I can’t watch another season of NOF I look down on you DOWN!

Kim September 26, 2014 at 10:22 am

We need series 2!! Just finished the first season over here in the uk and thought it was great we need to know what happened to everyone so make it happen!

Anonymous September 29, 2014 at 10:32 am

I agree

Kassandra Moyes September 18, 2014 at 9:51 pm

No Ordinary Family was a great show! It’s actually my favourite show. I disagree with it being canceled, I thought that the plot was great. I would’ve loved to have known what George’s power was. But the fact that it just left everyone hanging, including myself was a bummer. I loved all the characters in the show, they all played their characters very well. It would be nice to meet the cast, especially because I’m a huge fan of Jimmy Bennett! I hope that one day the cast will get back together and start the show up again, that’d be great:) More people should watch it, it’s honestly a great show, I find it so intriguing, suspenseful, and exciting. I love how the Powell family are faced with new powers everyday. Whoever decided to cancel the show is silly, in my opinion.

Dale September 11, 2014 at 9:56 pm

no ordinary family should never have been cancelled it was a great show and i for one want to know what happens next ABC were crazy to drop it which ever idiot made the call to cancel it needs to be fired

Leslie September 9, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Hi I live in the Uk and have found it to be one of the best things on TV
Why Is it that all the good programmes are canceled star-gate SG1 and Atlantis to name just two
I have found no ordinary family to be very entertaining and was looking forwards
To season two

Sofi September 5, 2014 at 4:37 pm

My life is like ruined now! I have watched season one two times, this last time I finished it in two days! I really need a season two, need to know what happens with George,the family, Kady and the baby.. Oh I wish it never went on TV here in Sweden then I would never have this trouble! I am totally obsessed with this show, pleas make a season two!

tony October 22, 2014 at 11:21 am

I know, how can these networks finish shows without a proper ending???