No Ordinary Family: ABC TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

No Ordinary Family canceled season twoThe Powells may have super powers but they weren’t strong enough to save their TV series. No Ordinary Family has been cancelled after one season on the air.

No Ordinary Family revolves around suburban family who, while on vacation, crash into Amazon River and gain special abilities. The cast includes Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Autumn Reeser, Jimmy Bennett, Kay Panabaker, Tate Donovan, Christina Chang, and Romany Malco.

The drama had a decent debut last September with a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million total viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings didn’t stay at that level and dropped by 16% in week two and then 15% in week three. The numbers kept declining and went as low as a 1.2 demo rating and just 4.26 million viewers in March.

Should No Ordinary Family have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The network cut the episode order but it was already clear by that point that the show was finished. ABC pre-empted one installment and bumped the penultimate episode to Saturday nights, an evening when few are watching. The first season of No Ordinary Family ended up averaging a 1.8 in the demo and 6.4 million viewers, making it one of the lowest dramas of the ABC season.

TV show supportABC has now officially cancelled No Ordinary Family. All 18 episodes have aired. Hopefully, at some point, the producers will share what they had planned for the future of the series.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be a second season for No Ordinary Family? Why do you think the series didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our ABC cancel/renew page.

valerico July 27, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Season 1 was awesome!
Please let the season 2 of not ordinary family starts i really like the series.
It was very disappointing. I am from Bulgaria,EU and I want to see more.
I will be more than happy to watch it because Season 1 was amazing.

Amy July 21, 2014 at 9:53 am

I have just finished watching No Ordinary Family for the second time and I looked up Season 2 out of curiosity and found out that there wasn’t one! It was very disappointing and I am now left at a cliffhanger that I want to see more of. If Season 2 does come out then I will be more than happy to watch it because Season 1 was amazing.

jaypee valeza July 15, 2014 at 11:55 pm

please let the season 2 of not ordinary family starts i really like the series, and i want to know the power of george and the baby… please please please….

Samantha Roach July 15, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Season 1 was awesome!! This is a great show for family’s to watch! My children are disappointed that there isn’t A season 2! They are asking “please put on a season 2!!!

Seriously...!!! What on hell's Earth made you cancell season two..!!!???? July 14, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I really need a season 2… Honestly this is my best family,action n comedy sci-fiction tv series I have ever loved… Plizzzz sn 2 pliiiiiizzzzz

jack July 13, 2014 at 1:55 am

you can not stop no ordinary family because we need to find out what george’s power is and weather or not they will help and no ordinary family if good it kinda helps people through family problems n people are inspired by it please don’t stop it

Rina July 9, 2014 at 7:25 am

Just watched season one on netflix totally disappointed there isn’t a second season.
Maybe they should of advertised better or brought it to the uk?

Amy July 21, 2014 at 9:56 am

No Ordinary Family was on Netflix where I watched it and I live in the UK wherever you watched it, it obviously wasn’t meant for viewing in other countries/states

Ellza July 5, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Don’t know why they cancelled it just finished watching season 1 on netflix as the final episode is a cliff hanger thought there would of been more because I would of loved to of seen more of no ordinary family :(

Amy July 21, 2014 at 9:55 am

I also agree with you because on Netflix it is advertised massively and I think that more people should’ve viewed it.