No Ordinary Family: ABC TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

No Ordinary Family canceled season twoThe Powells may have super powers but they weren’t strong enough to save their TV series. No Ordinary Family has been cancelled after one season on the air.

No Ordinary Family revolves around suburban family who, while on vacation, crash into Amazon River and gain special abilities. The cast includes Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Autumn Reeser, Jimmy Bennett, Kay Panabaker, Tate Donovan, Christina Chang, and Romany Malco.

The drama had a decent debut last September with a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million total viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings didn’t stay at that level and dropped by 16% in week two and then 15% in week three. The numbers kept declining and went as low as a 1.2 demo rating and just 4.26 million viewers in March.

Should No Ordinary Family have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The network cut the episode order but it was already clear by that point that the show was finished. ABC pre-empted one installment and bumped the penultimate episode to Saturday nights, an evening when few are watching. The first season of No Ordinary Family ended up averaging a 1.8 in the demo and 6.4 million viewers, making it one of the lowest dramas of the ABC season.

TV show supportABC has now officially cancelled No Ordinary Family. All 18 episodes have aired. Hopefully, at some point, the producers will share what they had planned for the future of the series.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be a second season for No Ordinary Family? Why do you think the series didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our ABC cancel/renew page.

Roselie August 31, 2014 at 10:27 am

OMG!! You can’t leave us all hanging like that, you can’t make a series and only have 1 season :/
I’m also from the UK and watch this on Netflix.
I loved this and would really like to see the next season, make more seasons so we all have something to look forward to.
We all want to know what George’s power becomes and we also want to see Katie having her baby, the baby growing up and using his/her powers, and also seeing how the story unfolds seeing as the baby is originally born with the powers instead of injected or inhaled like everyone else so obviously the baby is going to be the strongest/powerful? Maybe?
Ohh come on…. We all can’t keep guessing…. You need to bring it back.
Even tho the kids will be all grown up…. They’ll be more powerful and in control of their powers and the story can begin as in the future and George is thought to have been dead along with the prisoners and then tadahh!! He appears with powers and so on…. Lol
Please please please!!!

maria August 29, 2014 at 9:41 pm

i was very disappointed when i found out that there’s no season 2 ….this show is super cool. It’s not just entertaining but it also gives you a vision of a family working together to make a world a better place, it shows the bond between really friends should be like and most important there’s love. It’s a shame if the producers never decide to start the show again.

Doug August 26, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I am from the UK, I enjoy Fringe and Breaking Bad. Perhaps No Ordinary Family is not quite as good but it explores the area of family life in a unique way. The powers allow a rigorous investigation of the family relationship. Also it’s a good bit of fun to unwind to. Shame on you producers, you won’t break the UK soap market by doing things like this.

Anonymous August 30, 2014 at 5:45 pm

thats true this show is awsome i demand season 2 worst like how kady had a baby

cruz pillay August 26, 2014 at 11:32 am

Im heart broken to see that there is no season 2
i love this show so much. It was so intriguing a whole family battling villians.
The show was just so great i always looked forward to watching it if ever there was a a way to bring back… Please do bring it back cause i wana know whats going to happen to all 80 criminals and especially gorge

Chris August 19, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Absolutely gutted that there is no season 2. This show was fabulous, really got into it and Season 1 ended on a cliff hanger I need to know how this ends… I think it is a crying shame that good shows get cancelled.

kemal August 18, 2014 at 10:11 am

even i m from turkey i watch no ordinary family and i m very dissappointed for the is no season 2 please for all these comments peaple wants powell family we want more no ordinary family series

JK August 7, 2014 at 2:01 pm

yeah this is top and shouldnt of been cancelled maybe if it was aired in more places it would be watched more its only just come on to netflix and i found it and wish there was a season two

valerico July 27, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Season 1 was awesome!
Please let the season 2 of not ordinary family starts i really like the series.
It was very disappointing. I am from Bulgaria,EU and I want to see more.
I will be more than happy to watch it because Season 1 was amazing.

Amy July 21, 2014 at 9:53 am

I have just finished watching No Ordinary Family for the second time and I looked up Season 2 out of curiosity and found out that there wasn’t one! It was very disappointing and I am now left at a cliffhanger that I want to see more of. If Season 2 does come out then I will be more than happy to watch it because Season 1 was amazing.

jaypee valeza July 15, 2014 at 11:55 pm

please let the season 2 of not ordinary family starts i really like the series, and i want to know the power of george and the baby… please please please….

Samantha Roach July 15, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Season 1 was awesome!! This is a great show for family’s to watch! My children are disappointed that there isn’t A season 2! They are asking “please put on a season 2!!!

Seriously...!!! What on hell's Earth made you cancell season two..!!!???? July 14, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I really need a season 2… Honestly this is my best family,action n comedy sci-fiction tv series I have ever loved… Plizzzz sn 2 pliiiiiizzzzz

jack July 13, 2014 at 1:55 am

you can not stop no ordinary family because we need to find out what george’s power is and weather or not they will help and no ordinary family if good it kinda helps people through family problems n people are inspired by it please don’t stop it

Rina July 9, 2014 at 7:25 am

Just watched season one on netflix totally disappointed there isn’t a second season.
Maybe they should of advertised better or brought it to the uk?

Amy July 21, 2014 at 9:56 am

No Ordinary Family was on Netflix where I watched it and I live in the UK wherever you watched it, it obviously wasn’t meant for viewing in other countries/states

Ellza July 5, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Don’t know why they cancelled it just finished watching season 1 on netflix as the final episode is a cliff hanger thought there would of been more because I would of loved to of seen more of no ordinary family :(

Amy July 21, 2014 at 9:55 am

I also agree with you because on Netflix it is advertised massively and I think that more people should’ve viewed it.