NY Med

Episodes: 16 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: July 10, 2012 — August 14, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: (none)

TV show description:
This docu-series follows the doctors, nurses, patients, and their friends/family members at three New York hospitals.

What do grandmothers, addicts and celebrities have in common? All of them seek care at Columbia and Weill Cornell Medical Centers the crown jewels of the prestigious New York-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City. For a full year ABC cameras had unprecedented access to document the mayhem and the miracles that occur daily in these world class facilities. Adding a Brooklyn dimension, Lutheran Medical Center also participated.

The TV series provides a raw and intimate look at life inside these hospitals where doctors spend far more time with each other than with their families, developing complicated and intertwined personal relationships.

Series Finale:
Episode 16 — Doctors on the Frontline
Robert Campagna is a vibrant architect, husband and father. But he is finding himself out of breath lately so he gets an appointment with a top lung surgeon, Nasser Altorki of New York Presbyterian. Campagna fears the worst because both his brothers died from lung cancer. What ensues is a family love story and a portrait of a marriage and the bonds that emerge in times of stress. And this case forcefully proves the old adage “always go to the best” as Dr. Altorki makes the right decision every time and delivers an ending that is as thrilling as it is unexpected.

Removing a ring that is stuck on a patient’s finger shouldn’t be major surgery. But at Mount Sinai’s Roosevelt Hospital, ER resident Amy Caggiula is worried that her power drill could slip leaving the young woman in worse shape than she came in.

Meanwhile, Raisa Durrani, a first year surgical resident at New York Presbyterian, lands in hot water with an attending physician who is angry that their patient was given juice to drink although he was supposed to be on a diet of no food or liquids.

As the chief trauma surgeon at Newark’s University Hospital, David Livingston is a commanding presence who often mixes encouragement with sarcasm in the service of educating his staffers. But underneath his rough exterior, nobody is prouder of his unit, his city and the mission of delivering urgent care to those who need it most. When a young baseball player comes in with a serious injury to his arm following a drunken brawl, Livingston knows that his patient will be on the bench a lot longer than he realizes. (Courtesy ABC.)
First aired: August 14, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the NY Med TV series? Would you like to see it return for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

124 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. ruth selitto says

Thank-you for this reality show. I work in the medical field and love to see how others react in the same issues we as medical techs face each day.

2. Lynne says

LOVE THIS SHOW! Ive been watching the medical shows on Discovery Fit & Health, but some of them are nearly 10 years old! Its very interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes, and I hope you bring this show back!

3. Robin S says

I have really enjoyed this show, in the world of reality shows, this has by far been the best, and a very informative show, I have worked in the medical field for 25 yrs and now, i am a patient, I am in need of a kidney, so seeing other families and what they have had to go threw has really helped me understand my illness better, I hope we havent seen the last of this show!

4. kimberly Quinn says

I love this show. Enough of the medicine to be interesting but not graphic, enough of the human stories, both doctor and patient, to be real but not a soap opera. Please bring it back next season

5. Patty Dragon says

Please don’t take this show off. I enjoy it so much. I think it is so informative. It really is like being in a real hospital. I’ve been in many times myself. I have spina bifida and also have had many surgeries.

6. Renee says

I love this show! My 16 yr old daughter is in the health academy in High School and she also loves this show! Gives her a little more in site to what to expect when she enters Med School.

7. Barbara Frease says

This show is a cut above all other summer shows. Real people, real drama of hospital employees and patients. I’m so hoping there will be more episodes but with the low watchers in the “all-important” 18-49 age group it most likely will end. Quality shows don’t often last!

8. Patricia Light says

One of the best shows on tv….I absolutely love it. I have told some family members and they like it too. I guess it’s considered reality tv, but if it is, it’s in a class by itself!
    Great stories that are believable and tug at your heart!! Please keep the show going!

9. Irene Solis says

I really enjoy this show, please bring it back and keep up the great job. We really learn about what goes on in hospital and to see Dr.Oz doing his job away from his show.

10. says

Watched it for the first time 8/22/2012. Loved it! It’t the real deal, emotional as well no matter what the out come is. Dr. Oz. Is a genius!!

11. says

I enjoyed this show so much. Would love to see if come back for Season 2. This medical reality show was unlikely any I have watched in the past. Had a little bit of everything. And Dr. Oz. Great job.