Parenthood: Season Five Ratings

Parenthood season five ratingsThough it’s been in danger of being cancelled each year, Parenthood has survived for five seasons. Will it see a sixth year or will this be the end? We’ll have a better idea as the weeks progress.

Airing on NBC since 2010, Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

5/11 update: Parenthood has been renewed for a sixth and final season of 13 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.98 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The fourth season of Parks and Recreation averaged a 1.8 rating in the demo and 4.98 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Parenthood TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for a sixth season?

Anonymous September 26, 2014 at 12:04 am

I don’t watch much tv, but I do watch this! Please keep this going! So many families can relate to it!

Megan September 25, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Best show on TV. So upset that it’s the last season. I hope they realize how much the fans love it and renew it again. Great acting, always entertaining and nothing else like it on TV. I can’t believe it’s the final season. Really hope they reconsider.

Linda September 25, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Please reconsider canceling this program.

Tonya Rowe September 12, 2014 at 1:47 am

I am 38 years old, we’ll within the age range of which the NBC network as done their research on and I am hoping that NBC network has someone working within their staff who cares not just about money for the network, but also about family values and how this show shows both. I pray that someone reads this who has a heart and isn’t just lining the networks pockets with money will read this message and take into consideration the option of renewing the parenthood series.

nicole September 8, 2014 at 2:45 pm

This is probably my favorite show! I look forward to every new season n the day it plays is my favorite night of the week!! It’s sad it will be the last season because you can really relate with the show and it’s not a bunch of fake bullcrap like some shows! And like some one above stated do they take into consideration all the people who record it or watch on other TV options!! It’s a great show that even your children can be in the room ! Please do another season!

Rachel September 8, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I can’t believe that the 6th season will be it’s last. I am pretty upset about it. I wonder if they take into consideration the popularity of the show through other medias like Hulu, Amazon and Netflix. I am usually busy when it’s on air, and I will catch it when I am free. I know I am not alone in this situation since some of my friends do the same.

Deb September 4, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I am so upset to see that the best written show on TV is being cancelled. Why must shows that deal with real life events that so many families can identify with, relate to and even seek out answers and resolve their own families issues be taken off the air when stupid reality shows that are so fake and scripted that don’t really deal with any REALITY at are left on. Mindless shows that mean absolutely nothing are left on TV for people to watch and get absolutely nothing from except sex and ridulous scenarios that are so fake and unrealistic. Parenthood leaves you wanting more each week. I am sadly disappointed that your network would choose to remove this wonderful show.

Patrice Dyer September 1, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Parenthood rocks and I can’t believe they are taking off a show that shows HOW FAMILYS, even dysfunctional one, can all come together. All these other shows are full of trash mouth, worthless chatter – certainly not worth spending my time watching. Parenthood has been unique from day one and wish it would be picked up for more than just these 13 episodes as its season finale….

JKB August 28, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Parenthood is such a strong reality to many families through the 3 generations we have grown to love and have so much fun and tears watching over the last 5 seasons, now a 4th generation will be entering the family. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW. From the setting to each character to the various story plots brings me and my family back each week to watch this fabulously written show, not to mention each actor/actress and their characters. Cancel some of the far fetched reality shows or the comedies that are so way out there that they aren’t even funny. BUT DO NOT CANCEL PARENTHOOD…