Parenthood: Season Five Ratings

Parenthood season five ratingsThough it’s been in danger of being cancelled each year, Parenthood has survived for five seasons. Will it see a sixth year or will this be the end? We’ll have a better idea as the weeks progress.

Airing on NBC since 2010, Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

5/11 update: Parenthood has been renewed for a sixth and final season of 13 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.98 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The fourth season of Parks and Recreation averaged a 1.8 rating in the demo and 4.98 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Parenthood TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for a sixth season?

Nancy Patience November 21, 2014 at 3:33 pm

maybe it is time to stop thinking about how much crap that no one needs is sold due to the commercials in between that people fast forward through. Ratings! How are these measured? If I watch Parenthood through the Global site when it is convenient for me, am I as a viewer counted? Or is it only those who are paid to watch TV by Network executives votes that count? Maybe there needs to be more independent networks where quality is more important than quantity.

Mindy Bailey November 21, 2014 at 4:45 am

I have Just started watching parenthood I love it it is so heart warming and true to life it is my favorite show please don’t cancel it. There is mostly crapy shows on this is a show with real substance. I am a new viewer and I know there is a lot of new viewers and viewers from the beginning. I always want to watch How To Get Away With Murder but I pick Parenthood every time it is that good this year. Please give it more seasons after this one. What are you going to replace it with some crapy show that can’t begin to com pair to parenthood. Please Please Please don’t cancel it.

Lisa Axley November 14, 2014 at 8:45 pm

OMG Parenthood is so in tune with today’s stresses and joys of life and the thought of this family being cancelled off of TV for some damn Reality Television show is unbelievable. We can ALL so relate with the characters on this show and it has such love for the family that I just can’t imagine it not continuing!!!

lois November 14, 2014 at 10:28 am

I hope it continues…I think it’s a great .. real life happenings & challenges….just need to advertise it more…get people watching it!!!! All cast members are perfectly fit for their part..come on people…SPREAD THE WORD…GREAT SERIES!!! Keep it on…

Anonymous November 13, 2014 at 2:56 pm

We have loved parenthood since the ver first show. Please keep it on the air

MICHELLE LOPP November 12, 2014 at 6:44 pm

This is one of the most real and down to earth shows on TV. I don’t understand why it’s being cancelled. I know so many people that watch this program and love it and at my work place we can’t wait to talk about it the next day. Please tell Mr. Ron Howard that a lot of people in Grass Valley, CA love his show and don’t want to see it cancelled. Mr. Howard was in Grass Valley about a month ago. I know he enjoyed his visit here and like many folks that live here enjoy Parenthood. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Michelle Lopp

Becky November 9, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I seriously didn’t even know parenthood existed then watched all the episodes on Netflix and currently watch every week soo sad :,(