Parenthood: Season Five Ratings

Parenthood season five ratingsThough it’s been in danger of being cancelled each year, Parenthood has survived for five seasons. Will it see a sixth year or will this be the end? We’ll have a better idea as the weeks progress.

Airing on NBC since 2010, Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

5/11 update: Parenthood has been renewed for a sixth and final season of 13 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.98 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The fourth season of Parks and Recreation averaged a 1.8 rating in the demo and 4.98 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Parenthood TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for a sixth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

402 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Linda Mitchell says

I am so lost and saddened that my favorite show was cancelled every new show you have put on is not worth watching that new show called slap looks stupid this is what is replacing a terrific show with top notch actors. I don’t even watch Chanel 3 any more my new show is the walking dead. Please realize you made a huge mistake and bring parenthood back.

• says

I agree NBC has made a HUGE mistake by cancelling Parenthood. It is my favorite on NBC and one of the best shows on TV. Most of what is on TV isn’t worth watching and you take a quality show off like Parenthood? The decision makers at NBC are not very savvy.

2. Dawne says

I am exceedingly upset that Parenthood was cancelled. It was the only family drama on television. While it had humor it was not strictly a family comedy. It depicted the reality of family relationships. It was a quality show with a wonderful cast and superb acting. Such a fantastic change from the shows that are graphically violent and the shows in which the comedy is really inane and the voyeuristic reality shows.

Since in the final episode it wasn’t explicitly made known that the ashes were Zeke’s, the show could be brought back and Zeke could have been just thought to be dead at first by Millie.

3. Janet says

Parenthood was the only show on television our family looked forward to every Thursday evening. So very sad it is over. We love this show. Is there any way it can return. We enjoyed every character that made up this ensemble. There is so much more story line that can take place, with all the new babies. Please bring it back.

4. McClure says

I could not wait for Thursday night to come each week. I loved this show and will truly miss all the dynamics of the Braverman family that portrayed the complex and bittersweet relationships of families. I agree – PLEASE BRING IT BACK! At the very least, give us the reruns!

5. says

I think Parenthood was one the few shows worth watching . I can’t believe it was cancelled! What a terrible tragedy, and I think a HUGE mistake. Just another show to fall to the RATINGS DEVIL!!! So many shows that I love, were cancelled. In Plain Sight, Saving Grace, Boston Legal to name a few; what a sad commentary on our choices!

6. Linda Mitchell says

I think it’s horible the way they ended parenthood. Having the dad die, It’s bad enough canceling a good show. They could of had a happy ending at least so when 5 more crapy shows get cancelled they can bring parenthood back. There bringing prison brake back.

7. mary says

Love everything i’ve read about keeping this show on the air! It’s the one great show playing…real people, issues, it’s been so gratifying, encouraging…we can use all the healthy family show available these days…It’s refreshing…I just can’t see why 3+ million people aren’t enough…that you think making a buck is more important…a strategy that will ultimately backfire..
    In any case, the last several shows have been incredibly well done, the finale the best…Great musical score. What a flipping shame!!!!

8. Phyllis says

I just have to agree with the people this show is good for all ages,some of the shows that are on or taken over I will not watch. You put a good show on Parenthood and now your taken it off I think you should listen to the people. I think your making a big mistake….

9. Rhonda says

I myself grew up in a family of 6 siblings, this show has been a family show that shows honesty, caring, loving. I have introduced my mother to this show where we spend every Thursday night watching this show. It is real, it is life, and all about family.
    PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!