Parenthood: Season Five Ratings

Parenthood season five ratingsThough it’s been in danger of being cancelled each year, Parenthood has survived for five seasons. Will it see a sixth year or will this be the end? We’ll have a better idea as the weeks progress.

Airing on NBC since 2010, Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

5/11 update: Parenthood has been renewed for a sixth and final season of 13 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.98 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

For comparisons: The fourth season of Parks and Recreation averaged a 1.8 rating in the demo and 4.98 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Parenthood TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for a sixth season?

J Shaw July 22, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Parenthood is my favorite TV program (with Night Shift 2nd). I too have watched it since the first episode. It comes through so real compared to the fake reality shows. (Nothing against watching reality shows as I have watched a few myself). Having stuck with the show and sharing the ins and outs of life with the characters has been so rewarding. I have cried, laughed and thought “Oh, NO!” I learned the first season to not answer the phone while it is on.

Vera Diehl July 13, 2014 at 1:50 am

I’ve been watching this show since it’s first episode and just love it! Would be really sad if got cancelled specially because we need something lite and fun to find a reason to sit in front of the tv this days !
If the producers decide to end it at list make a good finale and quit living the audience on the unknown ! This is not nice at all! Thank you for letting the public opinion being published !

Concerned Viewer June 18, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I love this show its really great and fun to watch better than most of the shows on tv ( thats my opinion) I would really hate to see it be cancelled or end. Its actual shows what some real families are like and thats what i love about the show. So please keep it. :)

Vera Diehl July 13, 2014 at 1:52 am

I’m with you!

Kevin June 16, 2014 at 6:13 am

If it don’t stay I am banning NBC for canceling this quality show. I am sticking to my guns as I am really MAD over this. Hopefully NBC will come to their senses as I have a feeling they are going to get a ton of backlash over this!! We all need to write NBC and let them know of our displeasure!! Parenthood is what brought me back to watching regular TV. I am so sick of all the garbage that the networks throw at us, and this is a rare treasure of a show that I look forward to each week!!

Vera Diehl July 13, 2014 at 1:53 am

Totally agree!

Zhane May 30, 2014 at 3:11 am

Parenthood is one of my favorites! Was not a huge fan of the season 5 finale and Hati’s sudden change of sexual preference, everything about her presence felt forced like she didn’t quite belong; her character had been missing for too long for me to care weather she was gay or straight or whatever. I still love the show and am excited for season 6.

Lorraine May 20, 2014 at 10:41 am

Obviously want it to stay, it can go so much further and it is a great show.

Marilyn May 19, 2014 at 5:49 pm

I look forward to watching Parenthood. I want it to stay.

S. Dougherty May 19, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Yes, I definitely want Parenthood series
renewed. Excellent writing and cast.
Best series on regular television.

J bradshaw May 16, 2014 at 1:01 am

Parenthood needs to stay! I love this show!!

J bradshaw May 16, 2014 at 1:00 am

Parenthood needs to stay!!!!!!

DWA May 12, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Yes, parenthood needs to stay! I feel like the writing killed it last season….did the main ones (writers through seasons past) move on? It just felt different this last season and wasnt as great as it has been. The story lines and characters just seemed uninteresting and OFF….Im glad it coming back, but let down to hear its the final season….you killed this show NBC!

J Shaw July 22, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Funny how different people react to the same programs. I enjoy the season and am always interested when someone didn’t. Now that it has been renewed maybe you will enjoy the new season. I know I do not want it to end…I would love to see the grandkids grow up! It is another program where I have learned so much and have laughed so much…I am a baby boomer so it really hits home about children and grandchildren while trying to maintain that we are here too. Life is good…that is what I get every week when Parenthood is on…it is such a positive family program. Our families are not perfect (who’s is?) but we love each other and have each other’s back.

Katie Blackburn May 12, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Great acting, great stories, great producing! This is one GREAT show that, unfortunately, isn’t being watched by enough people. It’s sharp and so very true to life. NBC, please keep Parenthood. It’s the smart thing to do!

vera pianto May 12, 2014 at 9:53 am

I really love this show. Real people with real day to day problems. The sex shows are boring!

Pamela Shuel~Sargent May 8, 2014 at 4:23 pm

I do hope that Parenthood makes it back. It is a quirky family and real families are quirky. They also have a child with issues. Everyone has someone in their family with issues. It’s so great to see a family dealing with a child that isn’t perfect, silly, spoiled but a child that has a hard time

NLW May 11, 2014 at 5:13 pm

This lady says it all. Well put. We need this show. It is much better than all the sex shows that I refuse to watch.

Eep May 7, 2014 at 9:36 pm

please keep, this is the best ensemble, the writing is clever and its just a great great show. How do we start a campaign to get peope to watch

NLW May 11, 2014 at 5:09 pm

This is the best show on TV. So realistic. Its all about family and their heartaches and times of real joy. I love this show and hope it is not cancelled. So true to what life is all about. My favorite. So look forward to Thurs. night TV.