Parenthood: NBC To Renew Series for Season Three [reports]

Parenthood season threeAccording to TV Line, Parenthood is nearing a third season renewal and it looks like it will be a full round of 22 episodes. Deadline also reports that the renewal is very likely.

Though nothing is certain until the official renewals come down, cancelling Parenthood would make little sense for NBC. Though Parenthood’s ratings have come down 20% since last season (currently averaging a 2.1 in the 18-49 demo versus 2.6), it’s still a solid player for the peacock network.

If NBC was in better shape things might be different but Parenthood is the second-highest rated drama on the network, behind only Law & Order SVU.

NBC will hold their advertiser upfronts on Monday morning but will release schedule information early once again, on Sunday. We’ll be covering the renewals and cancellations so be sure to bookmark and watch our NBC cancel/renew page.

What do you think? Do you want Parenthood to be renewed? What do you like about the TV series?

Canceled and renewed TV show

23 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Please, Please renew parenthood season three. It is absolutely the best family show on TV. Really enjoy watching it. The cast brings to life so many of the real problems families have. It’s great to see a show with such great family values even when there are problems among them. All the cast portray the characters so well and truly believable. Thank you – Gloria

2. Sue says

Love this show. It’s one of two shows I work an extremely busy shedule around. It deals with real-life problems and sometimes solutions. But whatever happens, it shows the strength in committed family(something rarely shown on TV these days). I like the way it demonstates that family is where true learning and support should be experienced–with permission to fail–and still return.

3. Mary Sue says

Parenthood is the BEST, and I mean BEST, show on TV! The actors and actresses are fantastic!! The writers, directors, producers………they got this one right!! Brian Grazer and Ron Howard are done a great job! NBC is lucky to have a show of such real life magnitude! My sister and I watch this show faithfully every week! I can’t say enough about Parenthood! It’s REAL life!! NBC, please do not cancel Parenthood!

4. Jan Ochs says

I love Parenthood. It’s my favorite show on TV and we watch a lot of TV. I like how the issues tend to be resolved at the end of the show. But the family interaction is so real. I become completely engorssed and can’t wait for the next episode.

• Phyllis Josleyn says

Parenthood is one of the best shows on TV. It is not trashy like the majority of other shows. The right decision is made for most problems and situations and that is good lessons. My husband and I watch it every week and look forward to the next show. If next week in the finale, sounds like it is being cancelled. Surely not – one of a few shows worth the time to watch. Hope it is not cancelled!!

5. Lynda Saari says

I hope you keep parenhood on. It is the best show ,I love it. I’ts about time a goo family show came on