Raising the Bar: Cancelled TNT Series Returning (Briefly)

Raising the BarTNT’s cancelled legal drama, Raising the Bar, is returning to the cable channel, albeit for one night.

The final three episodes of the drama, featuring Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Gloria Reuben, Currie Graham, Melissa Sagemiller, J. August Richards and the rest of the cast, will be shown in a mini-marathon on Christmas eve.

The installments begin at 8pm and continue until 11pm. The titles are “Maybe, Baby,” “O! Say Can You Pee,” and “Happy Ending.”

What do you think? Will you be tuning in to watch the Raising the Bar characters have their final day in court and say goodbye? Anything you hope to see happen in the final episodes?

Regina Haynes June 16, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I can’t believe they cancelled Raising The Bar!! It was one of the greatest new shows that I’ve seen in a really long time! Please give it a chance!! I wish there was some way we could get TNT to bring it back. I’m am very, very disappointed!!!!!!!!! I wish they would’ve told us that it was being cancelled and what happened to those 3 last episodes they were supposed to have aired??? I just don’t understand what the problem is? I guess if you have a really great show then you get cancelled and if your show is terrible, then you don’t. It doesn’t make any sense at all!! I was really getting into the characters and was looking forward to the upcoming season!!!!!

Stacey June 13, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I am so sad that Raising the Bar was cancelled!! Why don’t they tell us when they are showing the last episodes of a series??? I got very into the story lines and the characters. I am very disappointed. (I, too, was an avid NYPD Blue fan and really miss that show too!) PLEASE DO SOME MORE EPISODES OF RAISING THE BAR!!! I want to see how things turned out for the characters!!!

Angela June 11, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Ok, one of the big issues we have here is they base day, time slot and keeping a show based on ratings, however….if you dvr the show it doesn’t count!!! They need to fix this or no show will make it! I never watch live tv anymore (football sometimes) and all my favs are being canceled.

Keith June 11, 2010 at 9:12 am

TNT also cancelled “Heartland” and I guess Hawthorne RN. Both should have been given a chance.
Cancelling Raising the Bar was just stupid. Maybe since NBC cancelled Law and Order, somehow, the shows could be combined. I don’t know. Maybe some movies like
in the days of Columbo, McMillan and Wife etc.

Amber Ortiz June 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm

This sucks! Raising the Bar was a wonderful series. My friends and I have been counting the days until the next season. I can’t believe TNT could pull the plug on such a great series.

Leann Sweeney June 10, 2010 at 2:54 pm

The good news is that the young long-haired actor–who I loved–will be on a new TNT series called Franklin and Bash that I think starts this summer. But I’m still mad about the cancellation of Raising the Bar. And usually I’m over it after a few months. It was a great show,

Denise June 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm

I think they should have never cancelled the series to begin with. They had a great cast and a following. Why would you give up on that. I also loved October Road on channel 6 and that was cancelled after 2 seasons, I just don’t get it. It really sucks.

Josie June 9, 2010 at 8:23 am

Me and my husband were anxiously awaiting for the return of Raising the Bar. I was talking to a collegue telling him the best show on TV was Raising the Bar and he informed me that it’s been canceled. I can’t believe it! I never even read anything about it being canceled! This is a great show! How can you do this to us!!!!! Give it a chance!! There wasn’t enough advertising on this show. The word has to get out that this show is amazing!!!!! It will do well!!!!

Denise May 31, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I can not believe for one minute that this show is being canceled. Why?????? It was absolutely great. My husband and me both were looking forward to it coming back on. This really stinks. You had a great cast of actors, what went wrong. I am really upset about this.

Jusy May 30, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I’m sick of all the good shows being cancelled without any warning. Raising the Bar was an excellent show, and I was looking forward to a new season. The actors were superb! Looks like TNT made another mistake; that’s why they will never be able to play with the Big Dogs. Someone doesn’t know how to make smart intelligent decisions!

Ronnie May 25, 2010 at 5:11 pm

I was a die hard NYPD Blue fan, and when I heard that Steven was producing another drama series, we could not wait. The series was GREAT. We were all blind sided when the series did not return. I am hoping that they can at least give us the final 3 programs. It would be nice to see Steven Bochco come up with another winner.

Toby May 17, 2010 at 4:31 pm

This was one of the best shows on TV. Ratings Schmatings…….what of loyal fan? They have fallen by the wayside.

Michelle May 14, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Have been waiting all year for this show to comeback, counting the days !! This SUCKS–best show in a long time where you can actually relate that is not “hollywood” version of a leagal drama– FOR WHAT REASON??????

netta May 14, 2010 at 3:07 pm

I have been blindsided. I’ve been patiently awaiting its return but now nothing. What about that crappy show with Timothy Hutton? Are you kidding me Kellerman was the BEST! And lets not forget about that crazy new judge who only wore bow-ties. I mean after all the fan devotion….NOTHING! Not even a FINALE. That really sucks TNT.

cameron May 28, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I got to agree I can’t believe TNT cancel such a great show with out even giving us a finally.

Michelle May 13, 2010 at 9:04 am

This is CRAZY… I was finally telling people turn to TNT they believe in shows and will give them a chance. DEAD WRONG if they canceled Raising it wasn’t even given a shot. Finally a cast that was great and the legal drama was amazing… I don’t get it!!! Frustrating… and lying about the last 3 episodes. I have it set to tape ALL New episiodes and it didn’t air. They did show back to back episodes that were in the regular time slot. Just threw us to the curb… At least give us closure…. See… that’s why I have to stick with DEXTER not on your network and WON’T be CANCELLED.. they believe in shows I thought abc and nbc were bad… joining them CBS stay strong