Resurrection: ABC TV Show Gets Second Season

Resurrection TV show on ABC: season 2This show doesn’t need reviving. ABC has renewed their new Resurrection TV series for a second season.

On Resurrection, a small town in Missouri is turned upside down when deceased loved ones start to return. The cast includes Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Frances Fisher, Devin Kelley, Matt Craven, Samaire Armstrong, Mark Hildreth, Sam Hazeldine, and Landon Gimenez.

Following a lot of promotion, this drama debuted to a very strong 3.8 rating with 13.9 million viewers. The ratings have fallen quite a bit in the last few weeks but it’s still generating positive numbers for ABC. The network has had a tough time filling their Sunday night schedule and this is one of only two new ABC dramas that have had any success in the ratings.

What do you think? Have you been watching this show? Are you glad that it’s been renewed or do you think that it should have been cancelled instead? How long should Resurrection run? For many years or just a few?

GV May 10, 2014 at 12:07 am

Not bad but this show is a ripoff of a French series on Sundance called “The Returned” which is way better and a lot creepier. The story for Resurrection is kind of all over the place and not very well written but has still held my interest to this point. I will continue to watch until I get bored.

ken beaty May 9, 2014 at 11:23 pm

way to guys, take a winning lotery ticket werth millions of dollers an wave it in are face, then say , want it or not. duh, no brainer. stop playing around. get to it, teasers!!!!!!

Darlene May 9, 2014 at 11:21 pm

I love Jacob he better be safe in upcoming episodes

melissa May 9, 2014 at 10:53 pm

I love the show. Can’t wait for more.

Marilyn May 9, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I’ve really enjoyed this series and am looking forward to season 2. So many questions that need answering…..

Ffernando vasquez May 9, 2014 at 7:57 pm

I love it

HS May 9, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Love this show, wished it was a longer season though. Some parts did drag on and didn’t need to. Hope they keep it interesting in how everyone is coming back! And hope season 2 isn’t on during The Walking Dead.

Samantha Roberts May 9, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Awesome! I love this show! It has a great premise and I can’t wait to see what happens next. Not many shows out right now that are interesting to me and I never would have watch it if it wasn’t on right after Once Upon A Time. Good time slot for Resurrection. Sundays are my favorite days because of those two shows!

Robin May 9, 2014 at 5:20 pm

The premise is intriguing and I am definitely hooked to watching it. I can’t imagine it going on for years and years, to me it seems like more of a mini-series. It seems to drag in places trying to stretch scenes to fill the time slot, ( as well as a slew of commercials).
I just hope that the storyline keeps getting more intriguing and doesn’t end up having a silly reason as to why people are coming back, like “it was all a dream” or some similar.

Vj May 9, 2014 at 5:19 pm

YAY!! I’ve been waiting for this good news!! Finally people are writing shows and not just producing reality show! So loathe reality TV!

Kristen McFarland May 9, 2014 at 9:36 pm

I know what you mean about reality television. But is a soap opera any better? It’s been rather fascinating but I still want to know if these people are from an alternate reality where the rules are not only different but upside down. Something to ponder.

Elen May 12, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I can’t agree more, no more reality shows, please!

Anonymous May 9, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Love the show but a little nervous that it may turn dark, I won’t like that.

Anonymous May 9, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Love the show, but a little nervous that it may turn dark, I won’t like that

Anonymous May 9, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I like the show and was hoping it would be longer on season 1 so it could carry me over while I wait for the Walking dead to return.

laura loving May 9, 2014 at 3:34 pm

when will second series start

admin May 9, 2014 at 4:54 pm

We don’t know yet.

RS May 9, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I love this show and can’t wait for a second season!