Revolution: Season Two Ratings

Revolution season two ratingsLast season, Revolution was the highest-rated show on NBC but the ratings fell throughout the season, even with The Voice as a lead-in. What will happen now that the show’s been moved to Wednesdays? Will it see a third season or will it be cancelled instead? We’ll have to wait and see.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

5/9 update: NBC has cancelled Revolution after two seasons and 44 episodes.

5/22 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The first season of Revolution averaged a 2.6 rating in the demo and 7.21 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Revolution TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for third season?

caren March 4, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Love this show. Can’t believe it could be up for cancellation. AND if cancelled, will probably be replaced by some new mediocre show.

Teresa Green March 3, 2014 at 11:52 am

Renew Please..we watch with our grandson every week ….We Love this show!

Michelle Reeve March 1, 2014 at 10:52 am

Revolution should definitely get at the very least another season if not more. The only show on tv that I make sure I’m home go watch live. I do think a later time slot was better especially for those with younger kids but the cast is so great and the show always keeps me on the edge of my seat and guessing which is rare these days.

Chris March 1, 2014 at 1:33 am

Yes, please renew Revolution ! I’m sick and tired of getting into an interesting show just for it to be cancelled. And then they’re replaced by some stupid “reality” show. I’m to the point now, I really don’t want to watch any new show. Why get interested? They’ll just be cancelled before they really get going.

Sandy February 28, 2014 at 5:27 am

It has had its ups and downs. Ups being David Lyons and his wonderful portrayal of the multi-faceted (this year…last season he was very one-dimensional) Monroe, and a revamping of Charlie, whom I no longer detest now that she’s not written as a complete moron. Plus, these two have great chemistry together. I swear; 99.9 percent of why I watch is to see if they’ll finally get them together.

Downs: no more friggin’ rescue ranger eps please. Every single episode, it’s the same routine. Our heroes get captured. The next episode they’re rescued. Over and over and over again. Enough. Do a couple of stand-alones that aren’t part of the Patriot arc…at least not directly. Give the audience a break. Heck, even the X-files threw in a monster-of-the-week. I’m hoping next week’s Dreamcatcher episode won’t have anyone taken hostage, although from looking at the trailer, that hope is in vain as I remember Aaron holding several at gunpoint. These writers are a one-trick pony.

Still, I’d like to see where a season three and four would take us. Quite frankly, NBC really can’t afford another loss. Their lineup isn’t the best. Besides, I don’t think the show is that expensive to make. They’re filming in Texas, and if the CW can afford to keep Supernatural for what…eight seasons now…then surely Kripke knows how to budget.

Season 2 fan who buys all the eps on Amazon.

Tricia February 27, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I love the show but feel it was much better before you changed time slot. Why change a good thing?

Lisa February 26, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Awesome show !!!!! Please renew it.

Dee Gib February 19, 2014 at 12:07 pm

KEEP REVOLUTION! This show is a fascinating concept and great entertainment. I am NOT in your 18-40 something age bracket — I am older. One reason network TV is dying is that you put on a show that so many people really like and get into, then when it doesn’t meet your standards, you cancel it and leave millions of loyal followers in the dust. When a show is getting several million viewers, it is a good show…keep it…and find a time slot in which it is not competing with another favorite show of millions. New idea: allow us to watch ALL the good shows instead of one network trying to kill of another one.

AND allow me to say, from someone NOT in your almighty all important 18-40 age bracket, THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OF OTHER AGES THAT WATCH TV!

NBC: If you kill this one — I am not getting into any of your shows anymore.

Diana February 19, 2014 at 12:56 am

Please renew this great show….We love Revolution.

Debby February 19, 2014 at 12:51 am

Please Renew Revolution….so different …why would you put it against American idol?

Veronica February 19, 2014 at 12:47 am

Love Revolution ….renew. We are loyal fans…

klong February 16, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Please keep Revolution! excellent cast, excellent story!

tam February 15, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Give it and Eric Kripke another season. There have been so many shows cancelled that went on to have a rabid following. Don’t forget Eric’s little show that struggled through season after season and was just renewed for season 10…Supernatural. Have faith in Revolution and it, Eric and the fans will not let you down.

Gina February 5, 2014 at 12:56 am

Please renew! I love this show! Love the actors, the humor & the twists. I watch every week with my husband and teenager.

Gwen Henry February 4, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Please Renew great show (( revolution is all people talk about ))…. Love the show