$#*! My Dad Says

Sh*t My Dad SaysNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 18 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 23, 2010 – February 17, 2011
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: William Shatner, Jonathan Sadowski, Will Sasso, Nicole Sullivan, and Stephanie Lemelin.

shit my dad says past TV show

TV show description:
This sitcom is based on the popular Twitter feed by Justin Halpern and revolves around a father who thinks nothing of expressing his wildly politically-incorrect opinions at the drop of a hat.

Henry Goodson (Jonathan Sadowski) is a young struggling writer-turned-unpaid blogger. His older brother is Vince (Will Sasso), the meek half of a husband/wife real estate team. There’s no question that his aggressive wife Bonnie (Nicole Sullivan) truly wears the pants in the family.

Henry and Vince’s father is Ed Goodson (William Shatner), a forthright and opinionated man who will always tell you exactly what he thinks, especially if you didn’t ask.

When Henry finds that he can no longer afford to pay rent, Ed temporarily softens and invites his son to move in with him. Having no other choice, Henry agrees but knows that he won’t be able to escape his father’s verbal assaults.
space

Series Finale

Episode 18 — Who’s Your Daddy
Henry meets a beautiful girl named Laura on the internet and senses a strange connection to her. Things get weird when she seems to know a little too much about Ed. Worried that she might be his long-lost daughter, Ed attempts to discover the truth, even though he’s not ready for it.

Vince and Bonnie, sad that their attempts at artificial insemination (in the previous episode) didn’t seem to work, throw themselves into their work and end up as real estate agents on The Real Housewives of San Diego. Camille (Camille Donatacci Grammer), a divorcee and reality series star, goes house hunting with them. Their shoot is disrupted when Bonnie throws up on camera. She’s pregnant.

After doing a secret DNA test, it turns out that Laura is not Ed’s child. She comes to the house and confesses that she’s in love with his son — but it’s not Henry or Vince. It turns out Ed has another son that he’s never met who had been scared to meet him. Laura opens the front door to reveal him. We can’t see who he is but hear a young voice say “Hi, dad.” The family all stare out the door and Ed exclaims, “Holy Bleep!”
First aired: March 15, 2011.

space

Behind the Scenes

The network contends that the show title should be pronounced “Bleep My Dad Says“.

space

J Cummings February 24, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I just want to know….WHEN WILL BLEEP MY DAD SAYS be on next???? I love it! Whe the show first started my son said it was Stupid, BUT now he was angry it wasn’t on tonight, now he’s hooked!

admin February 24, 2011 at 9:06 pm

@J Cummings: It’s done for the season. We’ll have to wait to see if it’s renewed.

Dave February 24, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Just finished watching Big Bang Theory and noticed shit my dad says isnt on…. Yayyy…. I just couldnt never get into it… Just to corny… I did love seeing the two from mad tv cast … Other than that I just never got into it and was quite pleased tonight to see a different show ..
I will say one thing at least theyre trying new ideas…. im so sick of seeing cop shows, whether its csi, law and order, the shield, blah blah… any fly by night network can do a stupid cop show, and they do… Keep trying fresh new shows cbs… kudos for not just making another cop show…

linda peel February 24, 2011 at 11:02 am

i love bleep my dad says. i do hope it HAS NOT been canceled or even put on hiatis. please there is very little on tv that my husband and i both enjoy. do mess with this show linda peel

Jean February 23, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I can’t figure out why people are upset about $#*! My Dad Says. Two and A Half Men is more vulgar and outright sexual than any show on TV and it has been renewed! If any show should be cancelled due to vulgarity, this one should! Blue Bloods has a great story background and I look forward to watching it Friday (or any night they put it on). CSI New York is one of my favorites too. Who has the final say? Don’t the viewers’ comments count? Jean

jwestvirginia February 22, 2011 at 10:35 am

Why would did you replace Bleep My Dad Says with Rules of Engagement. It is good that food network is a good replacement for me to watch. David Spade is too old to play this part. And all the characters that he has ever played are all the same. Years ago it was funny now it is just stale and odd to see him try to be younger than his 43 years.

V. Jeffrey February 18, 2011 at 11:33 am

I think Bleep My Dad Says is refreshingly funny. I think all of the actors in this sitcom are terrific and I look forward to next season. Bah humbug to those critics who can’t laugh at it. It is such a welcome change to the crap being served up on TV these days. William Shatner is a natural in this role. His facial expressions and delivery of zingers lead the way in this wonderful comedy, and I think the interaction between him and the rest of the cast works really well, especially with Henry. He is at the top of his game and people still love him. I hope they don’t cancel this sitcom like they have many other funny TV shows I have enjoyed and were trashed.

Momadoodle February 17, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Love this show! Great characters, script, and acting. Original. Love it every week. Can’t wait for season two!

Beth February 4, 2011 at 11:55 am

It got a slow start with me but now that the show has developed $ # *! my dad says is starting to run smooth and is funny. It is good to see Will Sasso again, really enjoyed his comedy on Less than Perfect and now to see it continue on here. Jean Smart is a good addition I don’t think we will see the crazy funny side that we saw on Frasier but equally as good.

Anonymous December 6, 2010 at 1:18 pm

People all believe there critics now because of internet lets us comment. Just get over yourselves. this show is quite hilarious

Anonymous October 18, 2010 at 11:41 am

This show is hilarious. You guys are getting hung up on a bad word but i’d be willing to bet you all hurl profanities left and right when you get upset. Get over youselves people and just learn to laugh rather than get hung up on one word.

kelly September 28, 2010 at 3:39 pm

i do not know what you guys are talking about this show is funny.

Muzikween September 25, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Loved Shatner in Boston Legal (we need another show that writing like that one), but this one was awful….not witty, not funny, not interesting. Cancel it!

Jason September 23, 2010 at 8:53 pm

I was very disappointed in this show. I am a big fan of the original twitter feed and subsequent book, but this show doesn’t doesn’t cut it. The twitter feed/book is filled with too many expletives to be on network television so the writers are trying to portray this “cranky” old guy that doesn’t come across too well. I’m a big Shatner fan and wanted this to work….but it doesn’t. Doubt I will watch the 2nd episode!

Matt September 23, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Nobody in their right mind would ever watch a show entitled $#*! My Dad Says, the primary reason being, the name in general, and secondly, if it really was (it’s not) but how would I go about expressing to my friends my new favorite show is called “$#*! My Dad Says” without looking. The two times I wrote it, I needed to check the proper “spelling.” I’m sorry, but at least use a word, not a collection of random symbols that I can’t remember. If you’re going to pronounce it “Bleep My Dad Says”, at least spell it that way. Next year, I hear CBS is releasing a new shot called $%&# (%@ ($$*@. All joking aside, there’s no way I’m watching a show with a name like that.

Jean February 23, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Just say “Bleep” and chill out

Greg September 23, 2010 at 10:59 am

A renaming is in order. I’d watch it if it was titled “Stuff my dad says”, but not with what it is now.
Season two? Not for me.