Sleepy Hollow: Cancel or Keep the New FOX Series?

Sleepy Hollow: cancel or keep?A couple weeks ago, FOX unveiled their first new TV series of the season, Sleepy Hollow. Is this one worth keeping or should it be cancelled instead?

Sleepy Hollow follows the Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison), a patriot from colonial times who wakes up in the present. He partners with a female African-American sheriff (Nicole Beharie) and together, they try to stop the Headless Horseman and other dark supernatural forces. Others in the cast include Orlando Jones, Katia Winter, John Cho, and Richard Cetrone.

The show premiered on September 16th to a very healthy 3.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.10 million total viewers. Not only did the debut win its timeslot but it also had the best demo rating of the night.

In week two, the numbers fell by 11-15% to a 3.1 in the demo and 8.59 million. This wasn’t too bad for a second week. Most new shows fall that much or more and Sleepy Hollow was now airing opposite much tougher competition like 2 Broke Girls, The Voice and Dancing with the Stars.

Last night, the third episode fell again — but not by much — and garnered a 3.0 rating with 7.97 million viewers.

Sleepy Hollow is currently FOX’s highest-rated series by far, averaging a 3.2 in the demo with 8.89 million. If the ratings level off (or rise) then the network has a hit.

Unless the ratings start falling quickly, I expect FOX to give the series a full season order in the next couple weeks. If the ratings continue to be positive, a second season is a lock.

But, what do you think? Do you like Sleepy Hollow? Are you still watching? Cancel or keep it?

Linda Hayes October 26, 2013 at 4:57 pm

I really enjoy this show, and hope it does not get canceled…But, past experience has shown me that no matter how much I or others enjoy a show, it can be canceled…Much to my dismay that other crappy shows come back year after year…Especially the moronic “reality shows”…. :(

SarahMay October 26, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Keep Sleepy Hollow!! So far it’s one of my favorite shows! Keep! Keep!

Aurora Rose October 21, 2013 at 11:42 pm

I am loving sleepy hollow, its much better than some of other fox shows I really hope they keep it this show has lots of potential

Lori Koprowski October 17, 2013 at 2:20 am

Yes please keep Sleepy Hollow!!! We love Grimm and Once Upon a Time…and now Sleepy Hollow – fantasy, adventure, history done well.
Thanks!!

Roy a hatten October 14, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Do not cancel Sleepyhollow is one of the best TV shows I’ve seen for a long time I tell my friends how great the show is also have all all the shows taped I can’t wait for the next week

Jeffrey October 7, 2013 at 7:52 am

I’m not sure what the episode order for season 1 is, but, it’s the 1st new show, of this season, to be renewed for season 2!!!! Love the chemistry between the two leads (Nicole and Tom)

bandit885 October 6, 2013 at 12:57 am

KEEP IT!!!
I really like this show. Nice mystery…. decent scripts…

Jeff October 5, 2013 at 12:45 am

I think the only reason the third episode ratings fell was because FOX ran late. Most DVR’s only caught less than half of the episode. Fortunately, they ran an encore this evening (Friday 10/4/13), so we were in luck.

Kat October 3, 2013 at 3:48 pm

FOX has just renewed Sleepy Hollow for a second season, so I guess their vote is “Keep it!” ;)

They were considering giving it a full season order, but (fortunately for viewers) decided to stick with the original 13-episode order. I say “fortunately” because: Sleepy Hollow is not the kind of show you want to slow down midway through just because the writers suddenly have to account for an additional nine episodes for which they hadn’t originally planned.

That said, I only watched the first episode and part of the second episode and I’m not a fan. I think it’d be a disservice to the fans to extend the episode order, dragging out the mystery for the typical “back nine” episodes in a ful season order.

Anonymous October 3, 2013 at 10:07 am

Keep! It’s a good show and Tom Mison isn’t bad to look at

CheerioSquirts October 3, 2013 at 5:29 am

I hope they aren’t like NBC and cancel fun shows……

Anonymous October 5, 2013 at 10:21 am

This IS Fox we are talking about.

Jennifer October 3, 2013 at 2:27 am

I’m enjoying this show a lot more than I thought I would. Before seeing the premiere, I didn’t think they had something here that could sustain an entire series. I was pleasantly surprised that they don’t seem to be rushing through the storyline and are taking their time. Why do all the interesting stuff in the first couple episodes than use boring filler to round out the season? The characters are interesting, the premise isn’t laughably silly and the acting is good and Ichabod is very easy on the eyes! I really do hope this series gets the chance it deserves and will be around for a while as I’m thoroughly enjoying it!

Terri F. October 2, 2013 at 11:42 pm

I absolutely LOVE this show. Gees they need to give some of these shows more than a few weeks. Sometimes it just takes a while to catch on. I think it is an excellent show and I think Tom Mison is the perfect Ichabod Crane. I love the buddy buddy with Nicole Bebari. They make a great team. C’mon Fox don’t cancel yet another show I love! I can’t wait for the next episode.

Alixrose October 2, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I like it hope they give it a season

The Bluelady October 2, 2013 at 8:28 pm

we really enjoy this program! Hope it stays around!