Sleepy Hollow: Early Season Two Renewal from FOX

Sleepy Hollow season twoAfter just three episodes, FOX has renewed Sleepy Hollow for a second season. The show gave FOX their highest-rated premiere since 24 and, despite steep competition, has held up well.

Starring Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie, Sleepy Hollow revolves around a patriot from colonial times and a female sheriff who work together to stop evil forces, including the Headless Horseman. Others in the cast include Orlando Jones, Katia Winter, John Cho, and Richard Cetrone.

In a statement, FOX chairman of entertainment Kevin Reilly said, “Sleepy Hollow has proven to be a risk well worth taking — it’s a conceptual blast unlike anything else on television and it all holds together with inventive writing and a fantastic cast… I can’t wait for fans to experience what else is in store for this fall and even more of this wild ride into season two.”

Season one of Sleepy Hollow will end with 13 episodes. Season two will have 13 episodes as well but that order may be extended once FOX sees the year two ratings.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Sleepy Hollow has received such an early renewal? Are you more likely to stick with the series now?

24 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

Was liking the show a LOT, then they added the angry militant sister…that just messed up the chemistry….then they skipped a few episodes or something, then they started with repeats ALREADY!? Lost interest. Don’t care any more.

2. Former Devil Doc says

No big surprise that Fox renewed this garbage; after all, “American Idol” is still on even though it has less talent than “The Gong Show” and another show that had no real connection with its supposed roots, “Merlin” survived. It just proves that the best thing on TV is the power button and this is set to off.

3. Pat Tansey says

THANK GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO FED UP, REFUSE TO EVER CHECKING “REALITY TV SHOWS”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO,SOOOOOOOOOO, VERY MUCH FOR REINVENTING A CLASSIC !!!!

APPRECIATION FOREVER,

Pat Tansey

Slowly getting my Mom watch, Thank The Gods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Karen says

My son and I watch this show faithfully…. This is an awesome show, please don’t cancel it. It’s bad enough that they ended Fringe….

5. Linda says

I think this is one of the best new shows of the season! Most of the mainstream programs are insultingly stupid! This is totally different, exciting…with a great cast and edge of your seat drama! At last…something different and Icabod makes great eye candy for us girls!!

6. Kmi says

I can’t believe this has been renewed. The last few years all of the new shows that I enjoyed were cancelled after a few episodes. I’m so glad that this one isn’t one of them.

7. terri says

I thought it was canceled come to see here it’s been renewed. I hope it’s back on in Nov. I like watching it on Mon. but would love if it was on later so I can also watch other show at 9pm. Even Sat. would be a good night to have it on since nothing really on at 8pm or 11pm. I don’t want it competing with other shows or it could be canceled.

8. Debra says

I really love Sleepy Hollow. I’ve seen four shows. It appears it won’t be on for a few weeks. I as happy to see it was renewed.

9. Roy a hatten says

I’m so glad Sleepyhollow was renewed for the second season I’ll be sad if it was not when I seen the first previewed I was hooked I couldn’t wait to see first show my wife loves the show also

10. Patricia says

Great News! I really enjoy the show. BUT, Fox has a very bad habit of canceling very good shows! Don’t let us down Fox!

11. Katie says

I love this show but must admit the the early renewal has made me much better about staying faithful to it…..especially in light of BBCA cancelling my other favorite show Copper…..I don’t think I could have handled cancellation of both of my favorite shows in one season!