the forgotten: Not Cancelled But, Was That the Last Episode?

the forgottenDespite what you might have read elsewhere, the forgotten has not been officially cancelled. The show may actually return with new episodes this season. But, don’t get too excited just yet.

ABC’s the forgotten details the cases taken on by a group of talented civilians once the police can’t go any further. The series features the talents of Slater, Michelle Borth, Heather Stephens, Bob Stephenson, Rochelle Aytes, Anthony Carrigan, Judith Hoag, Lily Rains, and Elisha Cuthbert.

ABC recently did some reshuffling of their primetime schedule and decided to replace the March 16th and 23rd episodes of the forgotten. It was reported that the network was also calling the March 9th episode, the “season finale.”

An ABC representative has confirmed to us that that’s not the case. He tells us that the network didn’t promote this week’s episode as the season finale and may still air the remaining two installments sometime in the next several months.

The episode that aired this week, “Donovan Doe,” was originally scheduled to run on March 23rd and finish the season. That makes sense since an ongoing storyline, the fate of Alex’s long-missing daughter, was resolved in a shocking twist. The episode works well as a season finale and very likely will have to serve as the series finale as well. As we’ve discussed before, it’s a longshot at best that the forgotten will be renewed for a second season because of low ratings.

TV show supportIf by chance it is renewed, there’s a good chance that Cuthbert won’t be part of it. The actress has been signed for a lead role on a new comedy pilot for ABC. Happy Endings revolves around a bride (Cuthbert) and a groom who break up at the altar and try to work out how to stay friends with their four compadres.

What do you think? Are you happy that ABC at least aired the season (likely series) finale? Do you think they’ll air the remaining two episodes?

mastabufu October 24, 2010 at 1:02 pm

agree with all ppl here, dont cancel it please, i and my friends love this show! we cant w8 for next season!

evrard fabrice October 11, 2010 at 8:31 am

I really hope the show will be renewed.I and some of my friends love this show. It is a great break from some of the stupid stuff on tv now. Please don’t cancel it.

Janice September 20, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I love this show!! Please….. don’t cancel it. I am so sick of TV producers only giving
a show a few episodes to catch on and then they cancel them and we are left with garbage such as “Glee” and “How I Met Your Mother” to watch!! Don’t you guys ever give anyone or anything a chance? This was a wonderful show with a great message and really made me think seriously about finding out if really is an organization like this that I could join. This is the best show ever!!!

R September 12, 2010 at 8:47 pm

This is a great show. I hope it does not get canceled. All the good one get canceled. Please keep it on.

Jordan September 3, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I thing that you need to keep the show

raquel July 28, 2010 at 7:53 pm

“we need to have” the forgotten back is a great series miss it a lot dont have nothing to see this series was great not only because is base in real histories to sad they dont pull out the other stuped series……

jcm July 27, 2010 at 4:56 pm

the forgotten is an awesome show with great acting & good plotlines. we don’t want to see it canceled! bring it back!

lmiller July 12, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Why you they take off the forgotten that is the show I look for it to come that is a dam good show . They are wrong for take it off the air and that made me very upset I need to know when will it be back on I want to see every show.

Lana July 6, 2010 at 11:18 am

love the show!!! I am confused about the ending of last season, Alex finds Lucy and then the 2 episodes I watched Saturday he was missing her again????? But I love the show!! Don’t cancel!!!!

Mike Gallagher July 5, 2010 at 7:00 pm

The Forgotten has become my favorite new Primetime Series. I really got into Live On Mars (I think that was the name of the show and it was cancelled) This time I want to do what I can do to save The Forgotten. I got a lot of people of watch it and they all liked the show. It deserves a chance for a 2nd season. My other favorite show is Cold Case, but I understand that another network is going to pick it up – hope that rumor is true and I get The Forgotten and Cold Case back next year. PLEASE!!!!!!

Kimberli C. July 3, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I just love The Forgotten series. Christian Slater is great and I will be very disappointed if they cancelled it. It really stinks when you get hooked and then they yank it away!

isabelle June 10, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I love the forgotten!! I hope this series will continue… Elisha Cuthbert there must be in the second season! Maxine love it and I wish Alex confesses his love to her … we are very sweet together <3
Alex&Maxine 4ever!!!

Melody May 15, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I really enjoyed the show the Forgotten.I think it should come back on.

Carole Dorman May 13, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I really hope the show will be renewed…thankfully I saved the episodes on my DVR so I can continue to review them during the summer….

MARCIA May 12, 2010 at 8:36 am