The Jeff Probst Show: Cancelled; No Season Two

Jeff Probst Show canceledJeff Probst may host CBS’ top reality show but he didn’t have much luck in daytime. The Jeff Probst Show has been cancelled after one season.

Debuting last September, the new talk series just never caught on and couldn’t draw as many viewers as fellow newbies Katie, Trisha Goddard, and Steve Harvey. The Ricki Lake Show also began last fall, had a similar ratings problem, and was recently cancelled as well. Sophomore series Anderson Live won’t be back next fall either.

A spokesman for CBS Television Distribution said, “We believe Jeff is an incredible talent, and that he and his dedicated producing team delivered quality episodes throughout the season. Unfortunately, the audience isn’t there to support a second year… We are grateful to the entire staff, our affiliate partners and advertisers for their ongoing support of The Jeff Probst Show.

Probst added, “I’m super bummed but extremely proud. The truth is all shows come to an end. Ours just ended a decade sooner than we had hoped.”

Original episodes will continue to run for the remainder of the season.

What do you think? Did you like The Jeff Probst Show? Why do you think it didn’t catch on? Just too much competition?

Erika June 9, 2013 at 12:41 am

This was the ONLY positive daytime talk show that had interesting, thought provoking, and humane experiences pertrayed. Unfortunately most of the population has sick evil minds and it is those people that almost all media caters to.

mari May 24, 2013 at 6:18 pm

This show is great. Please bring it back!! Thank you all.

JO ANN IHNAT May 24, 2013 at 1:53 am

FELT LIKE I WAS SAYING GOOD-BYE TO A FRIEND TODAY……..HE IS SUCH A NICE GUY, SO SINCERE, SO INTERESTED IN EVERYONE, AND A WONDERFUL NEW DAD IN HIS BLENEDED FAMILY. IT DIDN’T SURPRISV ME TO KNOW THAT HE CAME FROM KANSAS WHERE PEOPLE ARE SO WHOLESOME AND GENUINE. I KNEW HIM ONLY FROM SURVIVOR WHERE HE IS THE GREATEST. I’VE BEEN A FAN OF HIS NO MATTER WHAT HE HAS DONE. I WAS PLANNING TO COME TO CALIFORNIA JUST TO SEE HIS SHOW, AND WITH SOME LUCK SHAKE HIS AND LISA’S HAND. WELL JEFF AND LISA, IF YOU EVER NEED A NANNY, I’M YOUR FRIEND. LOVE KIDS, LOVE TRAVELING AS THEIR NANNY, AND I COME WITH GREAT CREDENTIALS. I AM A PROFESSIONAL CLOWN AND A MINISTER FOR HOSPICE. I’M THERE TO HELP IF NEEDED. AND I ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH BUT NEVER WON A PRIZE FOR IT…..EVEN IF IT WAS FROM A YARD SALE!!! I’LL MISS YOU BOTH,,,,,,LOVED YOUR SHOW AND WILL REMAIN A DEDICATED FAN………BLESSINGS, JO ANN

Linda Gray May 23, 2013 at 9:45 am

Please keep Jeff Probst Show on. His show is interesting, his guests are also, and it’s just a fun show. I think it’s the best daytime show going and I just cannot understand why the network won’t pick it up for another season.

Marcia May 22, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I just start watching the Jeff Probst Show. The show it great, not boring, interesting and different. Appeals to people who think and are not interested in mindless talk shows. What is on TV is an embarrassment. I record this show, because of the time slot. Terrible time slot. I also record The Chew, which is also done well.
I am so sad that this show has been canceled. What can the general public do to keep it on. You are removing a program that gives so much. I have had my eyes opened up to ideas and situations I never hear about. He is warm, intelligent and compssionate. I had never heard of Jeff,but I will follow him. He’s like a comet. Mws

maxkerner May 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm

JEFF WILL BE MISSED THE SHOW WAS A GOOD ONE HOPE SOME WILL PICK UP FOR ANOTHER SEASON IT WENT TWO FAST JEFF GOOD LUCK DOWN THE ROAD MAX AND SHERRY GRAND BLANC MICH

Ina May 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm

The show was realalistic and sincere. Not like all the other talk shows (i.e. Dr. Phil) who are just in it to make the money and and sensasiolize and humilate the people that are being interviewed. Please bring the show back this fall.

Penny B May 22, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I always enjoyed watching the show….the guests were great, his wife lovely and Jeff was very engaging with his guests….I will definitely miss it…sorry to see you go.. : (

Sue Holte May 7, 2013 at 10:29 am

I think they should rethink that and keep the show on. Jeff had a different kind of show not the same old thing. His show is great.

Anita May 1, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I love the Jeff Probst show. I am really going to miss it. It was so real!!

Diana Cokeley April 22, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Finally, we (the audience) get a show that is so real and what happens. . .it doesn’t get renewed. Before you cancelled it, did it cross anyone’s mind that maybe another time slot would work. I loved learning about the “real” people out there who are doing amazing things for themselves and others. Unlike, these idiotic characters on the Housewives of the Self-Centered. Please some network pick this show up. . .this was so refreshing and Jeff Probst (after a slow start for me) ended up being my favorite show host ever.

Josh April 12, 2013 at 6:47 pm

PLEASE KEEP JEFF’S SHOW ON THE AIR!! Our family really enjoys the show! It has become a regular part of our family afternoons- and we really like Yvette. Jeff comes on at noon here, so he’s on our DVR, and we watch him later.

Pam Quinn March 29, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I enjoy the Jeff Probst Show very much.
He had guests with interesting stories.
His energy is high. He is a good listener and asks thoughtful/fun questions.
The opening 10 minutes with Nicole Brown was often a time-filler..and could be
boring.
I’m very sad to see the show cancelled.
As it is, in my San Francisco area, the show broadcasts at 3 am, so I tape it
each morning…not helping his ratings.
I alsobbelieve there are too many talk shows this season…competing for the same time
slots. When is the last “new episode ,” going to be televised? Was it March 19 ?

Judy March 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Jeff probst show is more interesting than other talk shows because he has interesting guests and topics,and jeff is actually interested in what people are saying, not just reading a monitor. They give people time to talk! We get so tired of shows with celebs pitching latest movie or cd, and then we see them on all the talk shows saying and being asked same question all day long. I have never watched survivor, so I’m not just supporting jeff for that reason. The show is well balanced! And deserves to have a chance to continue to entertain!

Christine March 20, 2013 at 2:43 pm

PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW ON THE AIR, I LOVE IT, I LOVE JEFF, HE BRINGS INTERSTING PEOPLE & MESSAGES THAT YOU DON’T SEE ON ANY OTHER TALK SHOW…….GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE HE IS FINDING HIS GROOVE AND NEXT SEASON WOULD EVEN BE BETTER THAN THIS ONE……I LOVE THIS SHOW PLEASE BRING IT BACK, SOME OTHER STATION PLEASE PICK IT UP FOR SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED THESE TYPE OF TALK SHOWS THAT AREN’T LIKE ALL THE OTHERS……..THE PEOPLE HE HAS ON THESE SHOWS ARE VERY HEARTWARMING & YOU NEVER HEAR STORIES LIKE THIS ON TALK SHOWS ………..KEEP JEFF PROBST SHOW GOING & GOING & GOING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!