The Nine Lives of Chloe King: TV Show Cancelled; No Season Two

Nine Lives of Chloe King canceled season twoABC Family has decided to pull the plug on their freshman drama The Nine Lives of Chloe King. The TV series lasted for 10 episodes, running from June 14th until August 16th.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King debuted to 2.2 million viewers and was cable’s fourth-highest rated show amoung females 12-34. Unfortunately, over the course of the season, audience interest waned and the season (now series) finale attracted a little more than one million viewers. It was the least-watched summer series on ABC Family.

Based on a series of books by Liz Braswell, the TV series revolves around a teenager named Chloe King (Skyler Samuels) who discovers that she is the descendant of an ancient race with cat-like heightened abilities.

The last episode aired on August 16th and unfortunately left storylines unresolved. On the positive side, for fans who haven’t had enough, Braswell has written three books in the series and there’s likely to be more.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Chloe King has been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season? How would you have ended the series?

WTH September 18, 2011 at 5:37 am

Okay so the one “family” show on your whole channel you decided to cancel. You could of at least left a aspoiler about what was going to happen if you were gonna go and cancel it. ARGH HOW COULD YOU???? 10 EPISODES IS NOT ENOUGH TO RATE A SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jules September 18, 2011 at 4:19 am

loved this show. i’m so sad it ended :( guys we have to do something! it can’t just end like that

p.s loved all the endings <333
p.p.s TEAM ALEK FTW!!!!!

Anonymous September 17, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I’m very sad to here one of my favorite shows r cancelled :(

Emma Stone September 17, 2011 at 9:47 pm

So sad this is cancelled :( They need to put it back on air!!!! Go sign this petition to save 9 Lives! http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/tnlock

Arianna September 17, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I’M PISSED! I bet another program will pick it up though (FOX, MTV, NICK, TBS) All ideas of how to end it are great BTW! But I also like if something like this happened:

Brian dies (good riddence) and Amy and Paul come barging in, Chloe tells them that her and Brian died, then Amy’s like, “We have to see Valentina.” Meanwhile, Alek will fight Zane and break his arm. Zane’ll screm “But-we-ARE BROTHERS!” and Alec will reply
“Then you will forgive me for doing this,” and shoves him through the window. Next, Valentina dies but Jasmine lives. Then, Chloe will see Zane on the ground, she’ll think something happened to Alek, she freaks, races up and then discovers the loss. Chloe blames herself while Alek blames HIMself but then she has to tell him that Brian died and Alek’ll ask, “Who killed him?” And Chloe will respond, “I did.” Then they take Jasmine to some place far away, Chloe tells her mom what she is, leaves home and goes with Alek and Jasmine to another Pride. Later, Alek kills one of the Tenth Blade members and is sentenced to die by the Leader (Brian’s dad) to even it out. But Chloe offers up one of her lives and after they have a treaty and Chloe and Alec get together, later on they have a son and they name him . . . Brian.

franny September 17, 2011 at 12:23 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVED THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i’m gonna cry.

Kat September 17, 2011 at 11:27 am

THIS IS REDICIOLOUS!!! IT SHOULDN’T MATTER HOW MANY VIEWS THIS BRILLIANT SHOW HAS!!! This is my FAVOURITE SHOW and I was SO dissapointed when I heard that the season 2 was cancelled. I’m sure many people agree with me. I have waited 1 and a half months for another episode but I keep being dissapointed. These are my favouritre actors and actresses and all i wanted was to watch this show.
PLEASE, YOU MUST KEEP GOING ON WITH THIS SHOW!!!
I’m sure this cancellation will have many negative effects and what is that going to do to ABC Familys image. This was a big mistake and I hope someone somewhere will reconsider and make a season 2!!!

p.s. I think it is just irritating when someone makes a show this good and just leaves it unfinished!!! I’m still hoping for a season 2 and I BELIEVE THAT IF ENOUGH PEOPLE PROTEST AND WRITE COMMENTS LIKE THIS, THE NINE LIVES OF CHLOE KING WILL CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tranniebear September 17, 2011 at 10:37 am

i wanna go up to the man or woman who made this descion and scream “are you fucking crazy! best show ever. and you know what?! screw you!” in thier face. dont read the books. the ending is terrible if you are team chalek. plus its not even close to anything that happens on the show.

Isabella September 17, 2011 at 7:33 am

ABC Family already has a lying show and now they just ordered more episodes of their SECOND lying show? What are you trying to teach kids ABC FAMILY?? That lying is good? While wholesome shows that actually PUT the FAMILY into Abc Family get the BOOT? After ten episodes? That is not a fair trial time! We have a huge internet family behind Nine Lives of Chloe King. It was a big mistake to cancel Nine Lives. Watch the negative effects that will happen!

chloe king fan September 16, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Cat haters!! you’re dropping this for the lying game?!? That’s just……..just……..UGH I CAN’T THINK OF A WORD!! For a “family” channel you sure like sex and murder. you suck. God CW should have picked this up. If I were you I would prepare for some pissed fans and posssible protests. as for how I would have ended the series here’s what would have happened: brian stays dead or lives but can’t remember anything involving Chloe I don’t care either way. Alek kills Zane and takes Jasmine and Valentina to the hospital and they both live but Valentina has some problems as a result of the poison and Alek is waiting in the hospital and pacing or sitting and Amy and Paul take Chloe to the hospital and see Alek there and he doesn’t want to see Chloe but she asks what happened and he tells her. He then relizes that she’s bleeding and asks what happenes and she tells him she died and he blames himself(because he left) but she says that it wasn’t his fault and they get into a fight when the doctor comes up and tells them that Jasmine and Valentina are ok and he says something witty that I haven’t come up with yet… Anyway they go into to see them and Chloe tells Valentina she died and Valetina blame Alek and he says to Chloe”I told you so….. hey!” Then they go see Jasmine and she asks what happened to Zane and Alek tells her he killed him. Then the Order raids the hospital and Amy and Paul hide Valentina and Jasmine while Alek and Chloe fight them off. CUE AWSOME FIGHT SEQUENCE!! Continuing on, Alek gets shot, stabbed or hurt in some way and he and Chloe fight the rest off and after they all leave Alek clapses to the floor and Chloe freaksout and it turns out that she has this weird healing power and she uses it and then she tells him she’s in love with him and kisses him. The end. That ABC is how it should have ended. Atleast we would have closure

Kat September 17, 2011 at 11:32 am

wow this is amazing. you know im gonna remember this as the great big ending. thanks

p.s. i love your imagination

Jacqui October 1, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I like this. This is how i’m going to remember the ending. Because the ending they gave us was bs. Why aren’t you working for abc family?

TexasBelle September 16, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I totally agree..I hate when the networks cancel shows with no closure!

anonymous September 16, 2011 at 6:31 pm

i am so upset that they’re cancelling the show.Its my favorite show on abc family !!!!!!!!!

shagadooy September 16, 2011 at 6:01 pm

i am so sad! this show was amazing and i watched every week! i thought the fanbase was really good!shoot! i guess not! oh well! all great things must come to an end!

Kat September 16, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I’m so sad! How could they do this to such a wonderful show?

Anonymous September 16, 2011 at 2:09 pm

This is truly bad news.

I LOVE the series.
They can’t let it end like THIS!?
Everyone dead/dying, all lost, maybe a real beginning for Chloe and Alek (no offense Bryan, you just weren’t the right guy), where is the real dad, are there more species out there, more tribes, what is Chloe’s destiny….
So many questions unanswered and I am just getting started.
It’s not fair. Understatement…. it’s…..
It’s cruel. One of the best shows I’ve seen since I started following series. (Although Legend of the Seeker should get a place in that short list to, but they didn’t get a season 3 and season 2 isn’t half as good as 1)

This sucks.