The Tomorrow People: TV Show Cancelled by The CW

The Tomorrow TV show on CW: cancel or renew?The CW is starting over on Monday nights. They’ve cancelled both Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People after one season apiece.

On The Tomorrow People, a teenager (Robbie Amell) discovers that he has paranormal abilities. He also learns that others like him have gone into hiding because they’re being hunted by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. The rest of the cast includes Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Mark Pellegrino, and Madeleine Mantock.

The drama debuted back in October and aired on Wednesday nights, paired with the network’s popular Arrow series. It performed well in the beginning but the ratings fell over the course of the season, dropping as low as a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.24 million viewers.

The series moved to Monday nights and lost even more viewers. In last April, The Tomorrow People hit a series low, drawing just 760,000 viewers.

The season (now series) finale, which aired this week, left plenty of story opportunities for a second season but it won’t be happening.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of The Tomorrow People? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

3,530 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Santo says

I agree with you 100% , I recently discovered the show on Netflix, July 2, 2015. I was very thrilled until i found out the show was cancelled. I believe they should air it on Netflix , that would be very exciting.

2. sharon says

omg why did you cancelled? yes people may not like it but one about the people who loves it? like i watch it like 6 times and i still love it, you should make a season 2, you can’t leave on the cliff hanger. my hole family enjoyed it it was funny and so good, CW bring it back if you can’t bring it back on nexfilx please bring it back its not fair i love it and i can see other do, read these comments everyone wants it back

3. Anonymous says

If they dont do a season two, I’m gonna teleport to the CW studio and destroy everything with my telekinesis powers. I loved that show so freaking much. I dont know what the meaning of life if this show doesn’t continue. I gonna destroy the universe. WITH. MY. *******. TELEKINESIS. POWERS.

4. Anonymous says

They should do a season 2. In my opinion it was a great show . It had so many unanswered questions left on season 1 so you just cancel it and leaves with no answers to those questions the show had a future ahead of it and they shouldnt just take it awaay it was a great show and they should atleast make a season 2 and end the right way.

The CW did a mistake by canceling the show. They should take our opinions in notice and do it for all the viewers that still liked the show. if i was them i would atleast make a season 2 I think that is the right thing to do.

5. says

THIS SHOW IS SO AMAZING
    I DONT THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELLED I LOVE IT THERE ARE SO MANY SHOWS THAT GET CANCELLED and I hate it when this kind of thing happens
    If knew about when it came out I would have watched it more. I THINK YOU GUYS SHOULD CONTINUE THE SERIES BECAUSE IT WAS A GOOD SHOW THAT HAD MANY OPPROTUNITIES THERE JUST WASNT ENOUGHT TIME TO FIND THEM OUT

6. Sharon Clark says

I think that it is pretty ******* ****** that they cancelled The Tomorrow People. Just really getting into it and bam it’s over.

7. Stacie Flores says

Come on, even if CW doesn’t pick it back up. Can’t we petition Netflix to pick it up? This is an amazing show, fantastic cast, ridiculously awesome story line and you pull it? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. How bout we all boycott the CW completely if they aren’t gonna show us what we want. Nielsen Media Research would love to know this kind of stuff during sweeps week. We do have the power to have a whole channel discontinued. Use your voice people.

• Anonymous says

• Anonymous says

i am so tired of them canceling good shows because of views? you know alot of people may not beable to make it time to watch it when its aired not everyone has all the freetime in the world to watch a show every week when aired this is complete BS this was an awesome show and now im waiting for season 2 to find out there is none.. just like the following … also alot of people dont catch on to these shows until its already been on for a whiule some people wll catch them as they are heading into there 2nd or 3rd season .. put it back on and see what happens!!!!