The Tomorrow People: TV Show Cancelled by The CW

The Tomorrow TV show on CW: cancel or renew?The CW is starting over on Monday nights. They’ve cancelled both Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People after one season apiece.

On The Tomorrow People, a teenager (Robbie Amell) discovers that he has paranormal abilities. He also learns that others like him have gone into hiding because they’re being hunted by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. The rest of the cast includes Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Mark Pellegrino, and Madeleine Mantock.

The drama debuted back in October and aired on Wednesday nights, paired with the network’s popular Arrow series. It performed well in the beginning but the ratings fell over the course of the season, dropping as low as a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.24 million viewers.

The series moved to Monday nights and lost even more viewers. In last April, The Tomorrow People hit a series low, drawing just 760,000 viewers.

The season (now series) finale, which aired this week, left plenty of story opportunities for a second season but it won’t be happening.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of The Tomorrow People? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

Jessy September 1, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I loved that show soooo much, I dont understand that was a great show, and it makes no sense why they would cancel it. And why do they always cancel the good shows, and keep all the shitty shows, like what the heck.

lee September 1, 2014 at 12:09 pm

another show canculled after 1 season, happened with Blade and now the tp as well… im sure someone else will take this on – we created facebook groups before and from that we got back the big bang therory and futurama but this was also due to sales of dvds for both of those series… how can we make the big wigs realise that good shows take time… i started watching the new 100 and so far that looks like that will also go after 1 season…

Jovany September 1, 2014 at 10:57 am

We need another season as soon as posible. This show is one of the best on cw. Canceling it for no reason. If u start a second season I guaranteed u they will be more people watching this show.

Disappointed August 31, 2014 at 4:43 am

I can’t believe that they shut down the season – 2 for no reason. This is to all the lovers of The Tomorrow People please vote so that they can actually know that their decision was a crap.

Suzanne Le Fevre August 30, 2014 at 10:04 am

Totally gutted just gone on Internet to find out when next series is back to find out it won’t be – seriously!!!!!!!! Very disappointed, wrong decision :o(

taz August 29, 2014 at 5:25 am

Devo that they cancelled tomorrow ppl such a good series

Anonymous August 29, 2014 at 4:31 am

I watched this show in the 70′s as a boy on british tv and loved it
The new version had all some of the old elements in it which I recognized and was enjoying.

It ran for years and had some good story lines for its day, even had Jedakiah in it as a baddie
They even went into hyperspace, met alien races etc all on a very limited budget, I don’t understand why they cant do it today.

So many possibilities with the plot lines, pity

Anonymous August 29, 2014 at 1:30 am

That’s soo shit, that was an awesome show, loved every minute, please please someone pick this show up

Sbruwn August 28, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I am absolutely disappointed that Tomorrow People is cancelled! I was looking forward to the possibilites that a second season would bring. This show was nonstop excitement and suspense for me. I loved the characters and I thought the storyline was great. Beauty and the Beast lost me after the first half of the 1st season so I am not sure how it beat out the Tomorrow People. I hope that someone will reconsider bringing this show back.

Anonymous August 28, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Am very disappointed. Heart broken

Disappointed August 28, 2014 at 7:27 am

I can’t stand most of the rubbish that TV dishes up so to hear that this show has been cancelled is extremely disappointing.
I personally have enjoyed the series immensely as have a lot of other people way to good a show to not be considered being picked up by another channel.
Big opportunity missed !!!!

Gail August 31, 2014 at 10:17 am

Why do they always take the good shows off and yet they keep all the shit on tv….was looking forward to season 2….thanks again for cancelling a really great show….