The Tomorrow People: TV Show Cancelled by The CW

The Tomorrow TV show on CW: cancel or renew?The CW is starting over on Monday nights. They’ve cancelled both Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People after one season apiece.

On The Tomorrow People, a teenager (Robbie Amell) discovers that he has paranormal abilities. He also learns that others like him have gone into hiding because they’re being hunted by a paramilitary group of scientists known as Ultra. The rest of the cast includes Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Mark Pellegrino, and Madeleine Mantock.

The drama debuted back in October and aired on Wednesday nights, paired with the network’s popular Arrow series. It performed well in the beginning but the ratings fell over the course of the season, dropping as low as a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.24 million viewers.

The series moved to Monday nights and lost even more viewers. In last April, The Tomorrow People hit a series low, drawing just 760,000 viewers.

The season (now series) finale, which aired this week, left plenty of story opportunities for a second season but it won’t be happening.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of The Tomorrow People? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

taz August 29, 2014 at 5:25 am

Devo that they cancelled tomorrow ppl such a good series

Anonymous August 29, 2014 at 4:31 am

I watched this show in the 70′s as a boy on british tv and loved it
The new version had all some of the old elements in it which I recognized and was enjoying.

It ran for years and had some good story lines for its day, even had Jedakiah in it as a baddie
They even went into hyperspace, met alien races etc all on a very limited budget, I don’t understand why they cant do it today.

So many possibilities with the plot lines, pity

Anonymous August 29, 2014 at 1:30 am

That’s soo shit, that was an awesome show, loved every minute, please please someone pick this show up

Sbruwn August 28, 2014 at 9:45 pm

I am absolutely disappointed that Tomorrow People is cancelled! I was looking forward to the possibilites that a second season would bring. This show was nonstop excitement and suspense for me. I loved the characters and I thought the storyline was great. Beauty and the Beast lost me after the first half of the 1st season so I am not sure how it beat out the Tomorrow People. I hope that someone will reconsider bringing this show back.

Anonymous August 28, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Am very disappointed. Heart broken

Disappointed August 28, 2014 at 7:27 am

I can’t stand most of the rubbish that TV dishes up so to hear that this show has been cancelled is extremely disappointing.
I personally have enjoyed the series immensely as have a lot of other people way to good a show to not be considered being picked up by another channel.
Big opportunity missed !!!!