Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

Stacey July 28, 2014 at 12:57 pm

CW!!! You are being idiotic!! How can you cancel Star-Crossed!! It makes me so sad to see that they don’t know what they doing!!

Kelly July 27, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Cw is going to start getting bad ratings if they keep canceling these great shows !!!! I love Star crossed !! Me and my whole family watch it!! Please give it a chance and being it back !!! What’s the point on starting a show when they get cancelled after one season .. I could understand if the show is terrible but this one is not !

jades July 26, 2014 at 4:43 pm

it has to come back. it was an awesome show why drop it. there is so much left out that had the viewers wanting more. we all want to know what teris dad would do next. you cant just leave it there and call it quits. bring it back

michelle July 26, 2014 at 1:38 am

OOoooPs I meant CW, lol, my bad :-)

michelle July 26, 2014 at 1:29 am

I loved star crossed! WB pleases give it another shot, I was so excited about the show then find out its not coming back… that sucks! I don’t think it was on long enough for people to really get into it. I can only hope you change your mind.

emerald-mae July 25, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I think they should make season 2 cause the show is great and I would love too see wat hapens to everyone in the show

beth July 25, 2014 at 4:46 pm

I loved Star Crossed so much, as Ilive in England I’ve only just found out that there won’t be a season 2 and I’m furious! It was such a gripping series and I think they could go above and beyond with the story, especially with the wonderful actors playing the wonderful characters. And to be completely honest, it did give me something to watch on a Saturday night when there was nothing else. It’s such a good series for teenagers and for the older generation too because we got an amazing insight into the characters emotions too. Please bring it back, as a teenager myself I found it such an amazing series to watch!

krista July 25, 2014 at 12:55 pm

I have never always been a big tv fan and when i found out that star-crossed was coming out i knew instantly that i would love that tv show. I did love the tv show. I was always so excited that a new episode was coming out every monday. I was always so nervous to see whats going to happen next! When the finale came I was so happy but also sad that the season had ended. I was so impatient for season 2. But now that i know that its cancelled. Its a shame that was the best tv show ever. THERE NEEDS TO BE A SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrianna July 25, 2014 at 11:56 am

I agree with caitlin! I watched vampire diaries from the season 1 and now they are making season six – what’s the point? Is getting boring of Elena and Damon or Stefan she can’t make ker mind and when she did something have to ruin it!! Season five had low rating and they still planning on season six! Are you fot real? Vampire diaries should end now and give star crossed the chance of becoming a popular TV show!!! They have better story line than any other new TV shows tbh! I’m against the CW decision and they are now having a bad opinion from us about their network and their shows!!! Each new show deserve a secon chance and the time that allow them to get their story line straight and right!!! STAR CROSSED ALL THE WAY!!

Caitlin July 25, 2014 at 1:30 am

I hate the CW for cancelling this show. Even though “The Vampire Diaries” is the most rated show, it’s getting lame…I would know b/c I have seen every episode since it came out, I mean seriously, every one on that show has died & come back to life at least once, if not twice!!! “Star Crossed” was not so lame…that’s an understatement — I love that show! I started watching “Reign” (& stopped half way through the season, which is super lame b/c apparently people actually like that show) & “The Tomorrow People” (which I also began to get disinterested in, but still watched the whole season…I can understand why that one got cancelled) the same time as “Star Crossed” & was glad that there was at least one show that actually focused on more important things than who has a bigger stick (I’m referring to “The 100″ here…Lord of the Flies was a dumb book & this Lord of the Flies-esque show is too). I’m very disappointed in The CW right now. The new show that they are planning on airing look even worse than the ones they cancelled. They must have a bunch of numskulls making all the decisions….

Jordan July 25, 2014 at 1:22 am

Just watched the last episode and then find out there is no season 2!! I loved this show. It has a great plot and good actors. Also what happens in season 2?! You can’t just leave it like that. I say bring it back.