Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

Canceled and renewed TV show

2,550 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Larissa says

I enjoyed the excitement of the show.. Watching the bond between all the actors and making Star Crossed a amazing show to watch I am shocked and a little sad to hear there wont be a season 2 … and if there is a season 2 please dont change any of the actors they all played so well on making the show unbelievable

2. Mary Maxon says

Yes, please keep the same actors in the series, because mat lanter is hot! it really sucks watching the first season serieswith really good actors, and then total different actors in the second season. It makes it like what happens! That sucks

• Anonymous says

Wait They’re Making Second Season But Different Actors? Oh Hell No. I Like The Original,And Omg Especially Matt Lanter! He’s So Hot!!!

3. Mary Maxon says

PLEASE BRING BACK STAR-CROSS SEASON 2AND MORE SEASONS!!! Truth is I just found it on netflex, passed it a few time, but then I was like what the heck I will watch it, come to find out I watch ALL 13 episodes!!! And to find out there’s no seasons 2, I was sad. Cause it totally seemed like there would be more seasons because how it ended. I hate how an awesome series show start and just ends out of no were. PLEASE BRING IT BACK ☺

4. Jamireal Epps says

I just watched season 1 on Netflix. wasn’t really thinking it would be much. I have to say i really enjoyed it and wished that any station really would pick it back up. Would love to see what happens next. I’m really a Drake and Taylor fan above all.

5. Betty Davenport says

Sure would l I very to see another season of star crossed, I have been waiting a while please bring it back………. pleaseeeeeee

6. Katie says

I just read most of the comments. I agree! Please renew season two ~ I am so obsessed with this show. When I found out about this on Netflix, I was curious. I started watching the first, then I kept watching the next one until I realize how late it was. LOL. I couldn’t wait till my kids go to sleep to watch more. I really love it!

To me I think it helps us feel the romance, younger kids are trying to teach elders to have an open mind and make changes instead of being stuck in old ways. I could go on an on. I really love this show and I would love to see the rest of all 7 seasons.

Please renew season two & I don’t care about the ratings. It does go up & down and so what. Also keep in mind that not everyone has cable/tv services. I have Netflix, how I found out about this show was new recommendations. That got my interests.

Thank you for your time in reading this and I am begging for season two!

7. April says

I just watched this on Netflix and need a season 2. I watched this in a few days and want more!!!! Please CW bring it back and make sure that the same people are in it. plus there needs to be more advertisements that let viewers know about it that way more will watch it!!