Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

taneia October 25, 2014 at 6:42 pm

I hope that it’s a lot of people who share my views of star crossed. It had so much potential The story plots Could have been endless CW give the show another chance don’t let the fans down

Jen October 24, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I’m disappointed I loved that show I wish that they would bring it back. We watch a show all season and get into it then wait for it to come back then if gets canceled. It leaves you very frustrated!!!

Daway lipsey October 24, 2014 at 1:05 am

Star cross loved the watch very mad at the cancellation.

basebal October 23, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Really wish the CW would stop getting us hooked on some really good shows and then cancelling them after 1 season. Not only did you cancel Star Crossed but The Tomorrow People also.

Anonymous October 23, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I wish the show would have been renewed also. This 2 shows that have been cancelled that I believe were really good. Wish you’d bring back this and Tomorrow People.

Libby Richardson October 23, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I’m absolutely guttered you’ve decide not to arey the show on I loved starcrossed. Killing all the good programmes off defiantly should rethink this one you never gave it a chance in the uk and I can tell you now we love this kind of stuff

Loved it October 23, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Iv only just found this series as I’m in the uk and was hooked on episode 1. It’s the same thing with the tommorrow people 2 great series but both cancelled absolutely gutted

Kcpk October 23, 2014 at 12:06 am

Bring it back!!!!!! I really wish you would reconsider this.

lillian October 23, 2014 at 12:01 am

This became my favorite show. It was all I would talk about. I am mad that it is canceled they had great actors and I love the story. Why did they decide not to try one more season? At least to summrize what was suppost to happen.

Kim October 22, 2014 at 11:58 pm

I can’t believe you cancelled star-crossed. I watched every episode and then again and fell in love with the show and the characters. It should have aired for at least another season to get the true rating for the show. You can’t keep doing this, people start watching a season and expect to see more but then find out it won’t be on again. This stinks bad!!!!! If I had a say I would say to keep it going. I would watch star-crossed over and over. I would even buy the seasons to watch over after they’ve aired.

Joyce Gasser October 22, 2014 at 2:35 pm

That sucks – we absolutely loved Star Crossed. Very gripping story – so sad that it is not having a second series. Just like V ????? Wish Hollywood would quit making alien invasion stories that never go anywhere…

Ju October 22, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I am disappointed for the cancelling of the shows. These Sci-Fi shows are awesome!! love The Tomorrow People & Star-Crossed.

jolleen October 22, 2014 at 2:55 am

Seriously I have now watched and loved two series Star Crossed and The Tomorrow People just to find out your not bringing either show back! That sucks ! I’m extremely disappointed. :( guess i’m stuck watching my pick of a trillion vampire series !