Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

Jessica August 21, 2014 at 12:22 am

I am from Australia I love the show and lately CWTV, I have looked at the new shows for the future they are bringing out and I am not really a fan. I love the show because it was real with a touch of fantasy.

Jennifer August 20, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Fuck CW. That was a great show!

Stacey August 20, 2014 at 7:13 am

I was soooo looking forward to season 2!!!!! I have watched season one 20 times over……. was so annoyed that starcrossed had been cancelled…….. Thats my life over…..

Jennifer August 20, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I totes agree!

karissa August 19, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Look I was gonna get my friends obbssesed with the cw network because they make pretty good shows but they took my favorite one off (star crossed) I did not hear of it till after it aired so I think they should renew it but do a better job advertising the show that’s probably why it didn’t have many fans because people didn’t see anything for the show

Tanessa August 19, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I was really looking forward to another season…. what the heck. Someone needs to rethink this.

Amanda August 19, 2014 at 12:38 pm

This is probably the best show i’ve ever seen!! And now it’s cancelled? My world is ruined! D”:

Norwegian -girl

fabian August 18, 2014 at 4:16 am

The series was really great it just never had the opportunity to advertise since it was a fill in series. Also episode 2&3 were somewhat slow episodes so many ppl just stopped watching. Another network should pick up the series if the CW doesn’t want to.

minna August 17, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Denmark yells…NOOOOOOO! i love it! pls. bring it back!! :(

Anonymous August 19, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Yes they need to bring it back . Great show

Brandy August 17, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I am very disappointed in CW for cancelling Star Crossed. I loved the first season and was looking forward to season 2. Every time a good series starts up, it runs one season and then you cancel. What is wrong with you dummies?

Donna August 17, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I’m from the UK and can’t believe this has been cancelled. I loved it and so did my friends. I don’t understand why it didn’t do well.

Alexandra Aleixo August 16, 2014 at 11:50 pm

I’m from Portugal and I can’t believe Star Crossed Tv Show has been cancelled. I loved the first season and would love to see next seasons! I really hope to see next seasons.