Star-Crossed: Cancelled by The CW, No Season Two

Star-Crossed TV show on CWThe story of the young “star-crossed” lovers is coming to a close. The CW has cancelled Star-Crossed after one season of 13 episodes.

Star-Crossed revolves around a pair of teens — one human (Aimee Teegarden) and one alien (Matt Lanter) — who fall in love and struggle to overcome the discrimination and distrust around them. The rest of the cast includes Grey Damon, Natalie Hall, Malese Jow, Titus Makin Jr., Chelsea Gilligan, Brina Palencia, and Greg Finley.

The series debuted as a mid-season replacement and never took hold in the ratings. The premiere drew a lackluster 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demo with 1.28 million viewers. Subsequent episodes performed even worse, making Star-Crossed one of the network’s lowest-rated shows.

There are just 13 episodes in the season and the finale, titled “Passion Lends Them Power,” will air next Monday night.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Star-Crossed? If you ran the network, would you have canceleld or renewed this series?

pitty January 24, 2015 at 10:23 am

seriously?…the show was cancelled.am very surprise because i dont see the reason that show should be cancelled.not even a wonderful show like that.i plead for its return please.#bring back star crossed.

pitty January 24, 2015 at 10:01 am

are you happy now?!!!!!.seriously?…you cancelled my best show. you know whot,fuck you!!!.i was expecting seson2 for months not knowing the show was cancelled.whosoever cancelled that show.you better fucking call it back.cw,fuck you.#bring back star crossed.

Ann January 23, 2015 at 7:09 pm

This had quickly become my favorite show, I was really looking forward to a second season & was upset when I discovered it had been canceled. I think it would have done better if it had been marketed better, not a lot of people even knew about it, I had come across it pretty much by accident.

andrea January 22, 2015 at 11:18 pm

Come on you people have to make more season’s. I was mad when I seen you guys cancelled the show!

catherine baker January 22, 2015 at 1:12 am

WHAT!!!!!!!!
So mad right now, I loved that show I was waiting for them to put up the episodes for season 2. My heart droped when I read this artical. Bring star crossed back , is so much better then most of the series out there!!

Anonymous January 21, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Wow please bring the show back it was good why would yall cancel please bring it back

brewtus January 20, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Really you cancel a show when you have so much going on seems like you are getting good at ending good shows when the end is not needed or wanted

Cammie January 20, 2015 at 3:16 pm

I just started watching the show and I’ll be sorry to see it go. It had potential.

Sue B January 20, 2015 at 2:33 pm

I liked this show because it kind of reminded me of a struggle of racism and intolerance among Jews, African ,Americans ,Hispanics the poor, the disabled, the elderly. it is a show worth discussing just because of these issues. We continue to have hatred and intolerance in our own society.

theo f. January 20, 2015 at 3:48 am

Question why would you end this good show for one. Second you ended the first season like you where going to make another season with the fleet ships coming to earth to free there people. So why allow an ending to that season if you was not going to continue the show. To my opinion there has been countless of shows that was horrible still airing and allowing more seasons to their show so why end a show that can lead to a great tv series because it was slow. I will not continue on what this show could be but i think your giving up on this tv series to fast.

Isaac January 20, 2015 at 1:52 am

I’m glad they cancelled it, we have so many series with such similarities. The show lacked some uniqueness…

Randell Chyprious January 19, 2015 at 7:40 pm

I was really looking forward to the Scary Alien Dad that found out they crashed and will come to the rescue with all the scary working technologies instead of the crashed ship where the tech is damaged.

From the mouth of money grubbing CEO’s. Who cares if Mr. Chyprious or anyone else likes the show.

Anonymous January 19, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I so wouldn’t have cancelled the show i loved it

Anonymous January 18, 2015 at 10:20 pm

I am very disappointed that this wonderful amazing show has been canceled!!! I am now thinking about canceling my TV and start reading interesting books!! Thank you no thank you…
Sincerely
A disappointed Starcrossed fan!

Kalei Munion January 19, 2015 at 12:04 am

petition time needs to start

Ann January 19, 2015 at 8:31 am

There are already petitions going on if you want to sign one there are two that I know of one is for Netflix to pick the show up.

Noval January 20, 2015 at 11:41 am

Bring it back starcrossed please, who doesn’t loves Matt Lanter
The last episode was awfull.
We need new series of it.
It best then another tv series, just bring it back.
I keep my heartbreaker to wait another story and it canceled.

Dwi Daravita January 18, 2015 at 6:26 am

I dont live in america, if i live there i will wait it in frot of tv. I bought the cds of this tv series i loveeeeeee it so much. 13rd episodes is to short, i wanna te next season. I wanted somuch, how can it left the end like this.