Trauma: NBC TV Show Cancelled (for the Second Time); No Season Two

Trauma cancelledTo no surprise whatsoever, NBC has cancelled their Monday night medical TV show, Trauma — for real this time.

Trauma revolves around a group of brave first responder paramedics in San Francisco. The high-action series is populated by an ensemble cast that includes Derek Luke, Cliff Curtis, Anastasia Griffith, Kevin Rankin, Aimee Garcia, Billy Lush, Jamey Sheridan, and Taylor Kinney.

The NBC series got off to a poor start last fall with just a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.68 million viewers. The ratings fell from there and the show was essentially cancelled when the network decided not to order additional episodes beyond the initial baker’s dozen.

Then, in large part because the show was still in production and NBC needed additional original programming, the network ordered an additional seven episodes. Viewership continued to fall and NBC cut back their additional order to five installments. The last one aired on April 26th.

Though NBC has a lot of slots to fill on the 2010-11 schedule, Trauma’s ratings were just too low to pay for a second season. It’s been cancelled after 18 episodes.

Though devoted fans may mourn the series’ demise, a consolation might be that they got five more episodes than the ratings realistically warranted.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Trauma won’t be back next season? Any thoughts on how you would have wrapped up the series?

mon August 3, 2011 at 4:03 pm

i hate the fact that a great show was put in a bad time slot cbs can use all the help they can get ! my family loved the show and are so diapointed that it was cancelled. i wish they would rethink this and give it another shot !

jon July 31, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Great show!! Please bring it back!!!!

Ashley July 27, 2011 at 7:02 pm

So sad to hear there isn’t a second season. Never hear of it until I found it on Netflix and I was hooked. I want to see more. How could the end it like that so many unanswered questions! :( Bring it back! To many shows are canceled after only one season.

Cody July 26, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Saw this as I was browsing thru NetFlix and got hooked. Im very disappointed to see that it got canceled. If it wasnt for NetFlix I would of never even of known about this show. . .

monalisa July 18, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Our trauma was one of the best series I’ve ever seen, even before the dr. House. Please re-produce the second season of the trauma … PLEASE … EVERYONE IS ASKING…

monalisa July 18, 2011 at 5:04 pm

nossa o trauma foi uma das melhores series q eu ja assisti, antes ate do dr. House. Por favor voltem a produzir a segunda tem poreda do trauma… POR FAVOR…TODO MUNDO TA PEDINDO….

Josh July 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I was so disappointing when i head this show was canceled. It was the only hospital medical drama i watched. I really wish they would cut some other crap they show on the air and bring it back.

Austin July 14, 2011 at 9:53 am

Great Show! They need to bring it back!

... July 12, 2011 at 7:12 pm

They really need to bring Trauma back!
My family and I personally loved the show, sad to see it go.

Tammy DeOliveira June 29, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Yes, I am so upset that there wasn’t a season 2. I just watched Season 1 from netflix…I had never heard of this show and loved it….I wish there were more seasons!

Anonymous July 2, 2011 at 7:41 am

I agree, I never heard of the show, was going through Netflix to see what else I could watch for a series and found this one. Great show

Jenn June 25, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I saw this on Netflix n got hooked! To find out about it being cancelled sadden me :( bring it back

bob oneil June 25, 2011 at 8:16 am

trauma was by far an of the wall twist and turns drama that kept me comeing back for more each week. i was sad to see it go and i hope nbc will bring it back.

Katheryn Burton June 24, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I think that canceling Trauma was a HUGE mistake. That show was the ONLY medical show I watch!. Great actors and I think they were giving their hearts and souls into filming that series. I would really love if NBC would take action and allowing Trauma to be shown. It would be awesome if all the actors and directors would come together again and conduct a great show!.

Barry June 21, 2011 at 11:31 pm

This show was the best EMS show every made. Please bring it back.

Sebastian Ng June 20, 2011 at 1:14 am

I am from Penang, Malaysia. Most of us in this field loves Trauma, I was in Manila, i came across met a few EMTs they love that movie. REALLY nice…..