Pirate Master, Simple Life, Drive, Apprentice & more: TV Series Finale Podcast #37

Pirate Master on CBSCBS has pulled the Mark Burnett reality show Pirate Master — will it return? Will we ever learn who won? Speaking of Mark Burnett, could his Apprentice series with Donald Trump actually return for another year? If so, how will it be different from the previous seasons?

With all of the publicity surrounding Paris Hilton, how is The Simple Life doing? How could a short-lived, cancelled series like Drive make Emmy history? What are the Muppets up to and could we see the return of FOX’s The Winner? Tune in!

To receive future podcasts automatically, be sure to subscribe using this RSS feed or click here to subscribe via iTunes.

This was our first show audience interactive show on TalkShoe.com. Our next show will take place on Sunday, August 5th at 8pm EST so please make plans to join in on the fun. We’ll get together and talk about your favorite shows via phone, Skype or chat.

Would you like to send us a comment or a question? You can use the comment form on the contact page or you can leave a message on our comment line by calling 213-814-3200. We’d love to hear from you, and who knows? We might use it in an upcoming show. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

16 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Dora says

CBS SUCKS. To start shows only to end them before they come to completion, such as what was done with Pirate Master is ridiculous and unethical to viewers. I call for a BOYCOTT of all CBS shows until they realize that like everyone else is taught as a child you finish what you start, you never give up half way through. Live and learn and grow up CBS Executives – you all suck!!!

2. Anonymous says

pirate master was fun for us. it is the first reality show my husband would watch because of the pirates. I kept searching for it every nite and could not find it, thank goodness i found it on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!we really wanted to see who won and we liked the expeditions!!

3. Teresa says

I have now dumped all cbs showings, if you are going to run a reality series get people involved and then terminate you don’t get my viewing eyes or family or friends. CBS Sucks.

4. Tyler says

I was really looking forward to the pirate master fanalie. There was 1 episode left and it was already filmed why can’t it be showed!!!!!!

5. Stacie says

For all the PIRATE MASTER fans… you can still watch the episodes CBS didn’t air on http://www.cbs.com. There is just one more episode left!! It airs on the web 08/28/07. Who’s left? Jay, Ben & Christa. Eveyone’s favorite Louie got cut adrift this week…very sad sails.

6. helen says

I was wonering if pirate master th tv show will be back on t v soon ??? I really enjoyed the show . Please reply and let me know thank you .

7. windyblue says

I want to know who won pirate master one of the players lives in my town.
    I really could not get into the show though, so I do not blame CBS for pulling it.
    b

8. paula says

i am so mad i don’t know who won .why didn’t they let those like me who loved show get to see who won . it was very very unfair .

what if you watched a good movie and spent time to see it won’t you be mad if they stopped it in middle?????

9. neva says

You people suck.. My children and i watched the Pirate Master and would look forward to it every nite it came on. It was a show that my teenagers would actually sit down and watch with me as a family. I cant beleave you pulled it right in the middle of the season. Thanks for nothing….

10. jocelyn says

i could you pull pirate master i love!!!! that show i cant belive you would pull something in the middle of the freaken show it makes me want to just stop watching cbs all togther!!!!

11. Bird says

I kept waiting and waiting for Pirate Master to come back..and waited…and waited. It’s a cheap shot to pull a series that is based on finding out who is going to win the game. Granted..the series wasn’t exactly steller. It seemed to me the “pirates” sailed around the same island cove the entire time…not much high seas adventure in THAT! But, I still would like to see who won the damm game. Makes me a little leary about starting any other CBS game series, becasue you dont’t know if you will get to see the end.

12. says

PUT PIRATE MASTER BACK ON!!!WHO WON? THAT SHOW WAS MY FAVORITE! GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE! PEOPLE LOVE PIRATES AND CONFLICTS THIS SHOW HAS THE PERFECT COMBINATION.

13. Sandy says

I can’t believe CBS pulled this show!! I really liked it and it is NOT FAIR to all the viewers; who like me looked forward to watching it and eventually find out WHO WON. Couldn;t the network at of ran it for the season, viewers were already into Big Brother 8 and the ratings would of improved!!! Thanks for NOTHING!!!!!!!