Weeds: Season Seven May Be the Last for the Showtime Series

WeedsIn a recent interview with TV Guide, Weeds creator Jenji Kohan indicated that the next season of Weeds may be the show’s end. A rep for the cable channel says that an official decision won’t be made until next summer.

Here’s an excerpt from the discussion with Kohan…

TVGuide.com: Showtime renewed the show for a seventh season. Has the network given any indication that it will be the final season?
Kohan: In my mind, it is. Everyone’s contract is up next year, [including] the actors and mine. Seven years is a good run, and I’d rather leave while on top. I’d never say never, but I have a feeling this might be it.

TVGuide.com: How does it feel heading into what might be the end?
Kohan: It’s very strange and exciting and scary and sad in a lot of ways. We have such an extraordinary team. I would hope to take everyone over to [my] next project, including some of the actors, if possible. I think it’s such a strong group of people across the board. That will be very hard to let go of. However, I think growth is an obligation of a writer and it’s time to stretch my wings.

TVGuide.com: Do you have a clear picture in your mind of how you want the series to end?
Kohan: I do, which I would never reveal. There are two versions of the end of the series that I’ve had in mind, and it would be figuring out which way to go.

TVGuide.com: I’m guessing one version has Nancy dying?
Kohan: Potentially. [Laughs] In a blaze of glory. She certainly does tempt fate, and fate has a way of catching up to you.

What do you think? Is it time for Weeds to end or do you think there’s plenty of story left to tell? How would you like to see the show end?

web hosting May 16, 2013 at 3:42 am

Heya i will be for the 1st time correct right here. I found this panel and I to find It truly useful & this helped us out a great deal. I’m hoping to provide one thing back along with aid others such as you aided me.

Sharon Ball July 1, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Please don’t go…don’t go…don’t go away!

Sam July 13, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Please end it! I loved the first couple of seasons, but now its just ridiculous. No More!

BracoK June 16, 2011 at 11:02 am

They should go atleats one more season, or maby few… Nancy has a lot to say(show as)… and people are ready to listen ! xD :)

Cedric Brown April 22, 2011 at 8:33 am

GREAT SHOW A LOT OF REAR TURN IT MADE THROUGH OUT THE SEASON AND IT GIVES A LOT OF DETAILS ON THE LIFE PEOPLE LIVE AND DIFFERENT OUTCOMES, AND IT PUT OUT ALOT OF DECISIONS NANCY COULD HAVE MADE AND EXPLAINED ALOT OF WHAT IF’S BY TAKING HER ON THE ROAD SHE TOOK HERSELF ON.

Dyanna November 27, 2010 at 6:46 am

The show is amazing and the 6th season was pretty good but It’s better to end it after the 7th, nancy’s death would be theatrical :), a few seasons more would kill the spirit of the show

hikaricore November 27, 2010 at 2:22 am

I’d like to see Nancy beheaded or something equally cool.

Briana Susarret September 23, 2011 at 1:12 pm

beheaded? Ew, Not cool. that’s a disgusting idea We love Nancy- I think I speak for most Weeds fans when I say that we like her pretty head right where it’s at on her pretty neck. Screw you for making stupid comments like that. Me? I’d like to see this series sort of fizzle out with Nancy and her family’s future unknown but bright and then I’d like to see a spin off series about Conrad(Where has he been for the last 4 years?) and Heyliah, Doug, Dean, Celia, and Andy. That way they may telegraph updates about Nancy, Silas, Shane, and Stevie back in NYC from time to time without necessarily needing those actors on set. Conrad was always the best character on this show and I miss him terribly bring him back!!!

unknown November 25, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Weeds isnt aired in AU, i was first introduced to it about 2 years ago, From a friend who downloaded the first season and half the second i watched those and was hooked i downloaded all 5 seasons, and is the only tv series i went out and brought it was that good, how ever here season 3 is all we can get atm still waiting on others the hit stores, I still am yet to download season 6 so now really sure how that ended or is going to end as to say if it should go on or end… BUT if season six is as good as the others i say keep it rolling.

Taison Klei November 24, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I love Weeds. I would like to see both of the possible endings. This show has been hilarious and creative!!!

Dave November 24, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Should have ended a couple of seasons ago. This show started out awesome but is just awful at this point.

Jeremy Rynek November 24, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I very very strongly disagree. The show is excellent.

Jeremy Rynek November 24, 2010 at 12:47 pm

It better not end. This could go easily a few more seasons. There’s still more family members to bring in. And oh yeah, what ever happened with Celia and her new drug team? You remember the end of season 5. So we can go down that road. That’s very easily at least one season. And the show should end with Nancy and Andy getting married I think. I mean I’m surprised as hell they haven’t done ‘it’ at least once. Or maybe them pulling a Bonnie and Clyde trying to kill Estibon. They should bring Conrad back. Find out what he’s been doing. And what’s Doug’s role gonna be in the next season? I think really it was Andy and Doug that kept it going, they still can make it go on even longer than 7 seasons. Just follow me here. What if they did a spin off with Any and Doug? See what high jinks they get in. I mean ideas gotta start somewhere. Of course if they dont die at the end of Weeds. Don’t dissappoint people like the Saw movies, it deserved more than 7 movies. This deserves more than 7 seasons. If it’s the most watched show on Showtime, then I really can’t imagine them killing it. And another thing, I really don’t think they would just announce that Silas had another father and just have that be it like that. So as you can see, there’s a bunch of different roads of story they still could tell. Or maybe Andy ‘runs into’ Alanis and something actually happens with them. So in the end I guess it’s up to Showtime, Jenji and the actors. Simple as that. I really hope it gets atleast a few more seasons.