Who Do You Think You Are?

Who Do You Think You Are?Network: NBC, TLC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: March 5, 2010 – TBD
Series status: Cancelled by NBC, revived by TLC

Performers include: Mocean Melvin (narrator)

current TV show

TV show description:
This documentary series is adapted from the British version of the same name. It follows popular celebrities as they trace their roots back through their own genealogy. Lisa Kudrow is an executive producer for the series that is part of a partnership with Ancestry.com.

Each episode features a different celebrity and usually focuses around a truth that is waiting to be uncovered or a family legend that needs to be investigated. The celebrity meets with genealogists and different experts from all over the world as they trace their relatives back through records to learn the truth about their families.

Not only does the series give a glimpse into the unknown lives and backgrounds of these celebrities, but it’s also an interesting take on history, as we see the different walks of life that make up our nation. Often we find that the celebrities’ lives may have even crossed paths with our own lives.

Kudrow herself has researched back through her own family tree, along with celebrities such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick, Emmitt Smith, Brooke Shields, Susan Sarandon, and Spike Lee. These celebrities turn up ties to royalty, war heroes with Purple Hearts, ancestors who died in the Holocaust, enslaved ancestors, and ties to the Gold Rush.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Who Do You Think You Are? TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Cindy Allen July 24, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I have been looking for this show for a while. I watched three episodes last night and loved it. It was so interesting & educational at the same time. It is one of my goals to work on my family tree and by watching this show you can also learn so much. It would be such a shame to take this show off the air and let some of the other trash still stay on tv. It’s a family show, need I say more.

Deb Hulley December 29, 2013 at 1:20 pm

With a large show of fans of this great seris I hope the bring it back. I mean if a trash show like Honey BoBo come back why not a class show like Who do you think you are?

peggy sw October 16, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I love the show, but wish they would tell us when it’s on! I end up figuring out that it’s on halfway into the show if I’m lucky.

Joy Biggs August 11, 2013 at 11:47 am

Hi, love the show. Would watch it if I new when, and where it is on. Hope there are more shows to come.

Val June 29, 2013 at 5:01 am

I was watching TLC and they advertised that Who Do You Think You are is coming on July 23rd, 2013 at 9pm with all new episodes. I loved this show when it was NBC but of course it got cancelled.

Pat April 5, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Typical! Every time there is a GREAT show on and I get hooked on it ….. they don’t renew it or they cancel it! What is wrong with these people who make these decisions?

FRANCES SANTIAGO January 9, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I cant believe that this is being cancel. I looked forward seeing this show ever week not only that I have been doing my family tree and this show has help me find some people. This is a great show and should not be cancel. They should be able to work somthing out and keep the show on.

kay althouse November 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm

That show was very interesting. It got me interested in tracing my ancestors and has worked very well. Like Joy said before me……you put garbage on and the better shows get cancelled. I would love to see it come back. I’m sure as word spreads, people will be more interested in it. It’s the only show I watch!

Penny September 23, 2012 at 6:20 am

this was one of the few shows I’ve felt worthwhile on network tv.

Joy September 10, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I’m so disappointed to hear about the cancellation of this show! It is just the right combination of history lesson and insight into someone’s geneology! Smart shows get cancelled yet garbage shows don’t! Go figure!!

Anonymous July 20, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I do not understand why they can not keep this great show on tv. It is fantastic. Very informative, entertaining and so much fun to watch. I do not care for these reality shows that show half naked and drunk individuals. That is not entertainment. Keep this show going.