Wonder Woman: See the Costumes from the Failed Pilot

Wonder Woman Adrianne PalickiAs you’ve probably heard, NBC passed on the new Wonder Woman pilot from David E. Kelley. Reactions from test audiences were apparently mixed and NBC just didn’t feel like the series would fit in with the rest of their schedule.

Warner Bros. Television’s president, Peter Roth, said, “I think Wonder Woman was a very well crafted pilot. But after seeing the announcement of the NBC schedule, I now understand and agree with [NBC Entertainment Chairman] Bob [Greenblatt] that it doesn’t necessarily fit particularly well with their schedule. As well crafted and contemporized as it was, it was a big and radical shift for viewers to embrace this new idea — and that may, to some degree, have had to do with why it didn’t make it.”

Before the pilot went into production, Warner’s released an image of Adrianne Palicki in her Wonder Woman costume. Many didn’t like it and it was revealed that some changes were being made. NBC stated that there were always intended to be three and hinted that the third would be more traditional.

Which WW costume do you prefer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

NBC president Robert Greenblatt told TVLine, “There was an initial outcry about the long pants –- you know, skintight pants as opposed to those little shorts… but the shorts were always planned. They are actually used in the final confrontation when she beats Veronica Cale (played by Elizabeth Hurley).”

He continued, “We haven’t made any changes from what was planned but it’s always good to hear the feedback. I’d rather have people really passionately engaged in conversation, even if they hate something, than be kind of bored.”

While you probably won’t get to see the pilot (legally anyway), we’ve got a few images of Adrianne Palicki in her various costumes.

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman

What do you think? Which costume do you like best or do you not like any of them?

voxleo December 27, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I saw the full pilot.

GREAT HERA AND MERCIFUL MINERVA !! The costume was the least of the shows problems – it was AWFUL. Casting it would never have succeeded because Diana was written like a whole different character anyway. EVERYTHING was wrong. It lacked integrity and spirit and hope, and grace. Kelley apparently does not understand how to write a strong woman without self-esteem issues. So wrong. In oh so many ways… Be glad we were spared the show, as I can’t unwatch that crap and have to carry it with me forever.

Leo October 15, 2011 at 8:31 am

They should have left the costume alone and followed in Lynda Carter’s foot steps with the long cape and swimsuit catsuit. They could do without the roller skating however. Of course I am referring to the 2nd and 3rd seasons when the costume got a much needed upgrade from the days of Hitler. The actress Adrianne Palicki could have been perfect for the role in making a much stronger Wonder Woman but they could not leave the costume alone and that DOOMED the series. I am still hopeful a movie will come out but at present it is still in production according to IMDB. Thank goodness it is not an animation like the other movie and I think they should get Adrianne Palicki to play Wonder Woman here instead. The old series dried up because they could not come up with fresh material and do away with the stupid villians. It also did not help that they were stuck in the 80′s. Maybe someday I hope this will come about.

Grandizer June 16, 2011 at 8:07 am

In all of the pics of her as WW, she has a snarl on her face that is very off putting to me.
WW is a POWERFUL superhero, she does not need to snarl.

Truthfully, I think that the shiny pants is more revealing in the crotch area then the short shorts. And the fabric version is just blah.

I would have liked to see her in other costumes. Even in the Lynda Carter days, WW spun around and was able to change into other uniforms.
I seem to remember a Scuba outfit, swimming outfits and others. I would have liked to see the BadAss Short Jacket with Gloves option they are pushing / pushed in the comics.

Oh well.

maddie erwin June 13, 2011 at 6:20 am

i think they chose the wrong actress to do wonder woman as the actress was good in supernatural but she doesnt look right in wonder womans uniform,they should of went for someone like Eliza Dushku who is a great actress and can really kick ass and it would of been good to see linda carter show up as her mother in new series.x

kelly June 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm

i can not belive all the bad stuff they are saying before they even started the show yet

Vicki June 6, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Another show NBC doesn’t want to try. But hey, let’s all watch “Playboy/girl” series they are putting on – NOT! No, let’s not have an imaginative show on. No more NBC

Greg June 1, 2011 at 7:57 pm

The actress is just “eh…” but the shiny leggings are my pick. You guys that picked the shorts should think, What would I want my daughter wearing? Because you know they’d pick Wonder Woman as the person to be at Halloween.

Anyway, the shorts look too pervy. Not like the ones Linda Carter wore.

Bruce May 31, 2011 at 8:19 am

NO NO NO no wonder woman in pants! The shorts!!!!

Craig May 30, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I wouldn’t expect any network executive to try to reboot what Linda Carter owned. Adrianne Palicki is a lovely woman, but she doesn’t have the look that would inspire viewers to watch. The bionic woman show had the same trouble. A leading lady who just didn’t interest the audience.

Jessica May 30, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Too bad.. I was looking forward to this. I liked the blue long shiny pants a LOT..

Brian Germain May 30, 2011 at 1:21 am

She’s wore pants like that plent of times in the comic throughout the years hell she’s wearing them currently. the rason it failed was because of people whining about the pants, which they might not have done if the picked up an actual wonder woman comic once in awhile.

Chris June 3, 2011 at 10:31 am

Probably the people who voted for the shorts never had to wear granny underpants in pulic

voxleo November 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Nope. The reason it failed was because it was just awful. All of it. Including the costumes. I’m surprised that the execs at NBC could actually TELL it was awful, but for once they made the right choice.

FailedWonderwhy May 29, 2011 at 6:18 pm

This was epic fail as soon as they put Wonder Woman in those HORRIBLE long pants. Warner Bros. is a joke for allowing NBC & David E. Kelley a chance at destroying this icon. Glad it’s OVER! And the only costume that is some what correct is the shorts. Only an idiot would ask.

The Blue Rose May 29, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Sorry, can’t replace Lynda Carter!