2007 Cancelled Shows: CBS Cancels Several Series

The Class has been canceledThe network’s still doing well so CBS is playing it safe once again this fall. The Tiffany network is introducing very few new shows this year and sticking with most of the old favorites. Here’s what won’t be back for the 2007-08 season:

Armed & Famous – The short-lived celebrity cop show was pulled from the air back in January. All existing episodes have been aired on VH1 or CBS and there won’t be any more.

The Class – This show was devoutly loved by its fans but they were too few in number. CBS is committed to one night of comedy which means four sitcom slots. CBS chose to try one new series and renew four others with higher ratings than The Class

Close to Home – This crime drama has been rumored to be in trouble for months and, unfortunately, the rumors were true. The final episode (#44) aired last Friday.

Jericho – The Skeet Ulrich drama about a small town following a nuclear disaster started off strong but lost viewers when it returned from hiatus. The series finale aired on May 9th, 2007. JerichoEpisodes are available via iTunes and from Amazon.com.

The King of Queens – The Kevin James sitcom ended its run on Monday night after nine seasons and 207 episodes. Over 13 million watched.

The cast of Jericho canceledSmith – The Ray Liotta series was the first to go after airing just three episodes. SmithAll seven episodes are available on iTunes and Amazon.com.

3 lbs – The Stanley Tucci medical drama replaced Smith and lasted just three episodes. Tucci has been cast in a regular role on NBC’s ER however. All eight episodes are available via Amazon.com

Waterfront – Remember this one? The drama starring Joe Pantoliano as a colorful mayor in Providence, R.I.? Five episodes were completed but it was canned before even one episode aired. Talk about a fast cancellation…

Returning series are: Cold Case, Criminal Minds, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, Ghost Whisperer, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS, Numb3rs, Rules of Engagement, Shark, 60 Minutes, Survivor, Two and a Half Men, The Unit and Without a Trace.

The Amazing Race and The New Adventures of Old Christine will return midseason (January) or earlier. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Episode Downloads
The Class || JerichoJericho on iTunes, Amazon || SmithSmith on iTunes, Amazon || 3lbs.

Canceled and renewed TV show

162 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. roy r belknap says

cancell all reality shows they only show how stupid the producers are airing such junk when you have the ability to put on great performances shame on you and junk

2. Francis Kelley says

Bring Jericho Back,Please!!!!!!!!!!! If it were advertised better we would have been watching for sure! We just found it on reruns and have been riveted and have watched every episode! More dynamic with much more realism,very believable story line,this could really happen to your small town!

3. Vincent Jansen says

I don’t get these cancelations. Great shows like “shark” and “dead like me” are canceled because they are aired during shows that are watched by the general public. News flash!! the general public are quality deprived retards that just watch reality shows because they can related to the retards that they are watching.
    Voting via other means would be a large step forward in the evolution of the network executives making them finally able to stand erect and grow ears.
    Bring back the great shows and listen to the fan base!! not the ratings!
    The ratings are manipulated by the time slots that the shows are in…making it an unfair rating to begin with. Look at how well the DVD’s sell. Maybe that’s a better indicator. The real fans will buy the dvd’s.
    O,, p.s. if you want to stop illegal downloads? Stop with airing reruns and edit out all the commercials. I would like to watch more than 2 min between 30 min blocks of commercials.

4. says

Why would you cancel a show as GREAT as SHARK? Everyone that I have mentioned the cancelling of Shark, agrees that C.B.S. does not know what programs to keep and which ones to cancel. WHY??? Why couldn’t you leave time original time slot alone. It obviously was working or bring it down to prime time. But when you change it no one really knew about it. Thank God for Tivo. Please reconsider. Even the video stores have sold out of the DVD series, BRING IT BACK…PLEASE!!!!!

5. rickiticki says

I agree with so much as to what hotbot said in his spot. The network needs to survey its fan base to see what it wants, not a bunch of reality shows (who cares). I can not say what I would like to say because it might blush one your secertaries or admin’s. You people are crazy. Bring back the good shows and take all of this reality crap off of the air.

6. says

Cane and The Unit, please. Please bring them back. Brothers and Sisters too.
    These are my favorite shows and I have hundreds of friends who agree. I have missed Cane and the Unit so badly that I stayed up ladt nite to watch an episode of The Unit that I have watched so many times I know the script. My entire family, children, brothers, sisters, neighbors, co-woirkers, it’s insane. People love these shows. Please bring us a full season of great new episodes in the fall. Thank you.

7. stephanie says

please! please! please! bring back so you think you can dance that was one of the best reality shows on tv, I was a fan since the beginning and when I didn’t see it last year I was so upset please tell the powers that be that they made a really bad choice….. PLEASE!!! bring it BACK!!!!

8. hotbot says

OMG!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY DO YOU NETWORKS NEED SO MANY REALITY SHOWS? THERE ARE SO MANY SHOWS THAT WERE CANCELLED OR JUST LEFT ME HANGING, HOPELESSY WAITING FOR MORE EPISODES. SO MAY SHOWS .RAINES, JUSTICE,STANDOFF,KNIGHTS OF PROSPERITY,SIX DEGREES,SMITH,THIEF,DAYBREAK,HAPPY HOUR, THE CLASS,INVASION,SURFACE,TRU CALLING,TRAVELER,THE WINNER,ARRESTED DEVELOPEMENT,CUTS, EVE,HOT PROPERTIES,LIVING WITH FRAN,STRONG MEDICINE,LOVE,INC,ALL ABOUT THE ANDERSONS,THE WAR AT HOME,KILLER INSTINCT,ONE ON ONE, INCONCEIVABLE,LOVESPRING INTERNATIONAL, ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA, HOPE AND FAITH,JUSTLEGAL,THE DISTRICT,THE JURY,THIRDWATCH,NYPD BLUE,TWINS,COMMITED,LIVING WITH THE KELLYS,JOHNNY ZERO,KOJAK, HACK,LAX, MEDICAL INVESTIGATION,KEVIN HILL,LISTEN UP,JUDGING AMY,TEACHERS,THE PRACTICE,YES DEAR,OMG WINDFALL LOTTERY WINNERS HOW COULD YOU CANCEL THAT SHOW I WAS LOVING THE STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS,LET’S SEE, BOSTON PUBLIC,JAG, ALLY MCBEAL,FAMILY LAW,FOR YOUR LOVE,EYES,TOUCHING EVIL,WHOOPI, WAR AT HOME, SOULFOOD,LA DRAGNET? SERIOUSLY AL BUNDY SERIOUS COP A GREAT SHOW, BLACK DONNELYS, THE NINE,OC? WHO EVER WATCHED THESE SHOWS SERIOUSLY MY GOD YOUR MAMA DONT DANCE,SINGING BEE,MY DAD IS BETTER THAN YOUR DAD,KID NATION ,DOCTOR WHO,WHAT THE HELL WERE PEOPLE THINKING WATCHING THESE SHOWS AND BOOSTING THEIR RATINGS LEAVING OUT ALL THE SHOWS I MENTIONED FROM THE OC BACK TO RAINES.SO MANY GREAT SHOWS CANCELLED SO MUCH CRAP STAYED. WHY TIMES A ZILLION . COULD ONE OF YOU NETWORK GUYS SO HOW EXPLAIN ALL OF MY SHOWS I ABSOLUTELY LOVED AND THEY WERE TOTALLY CANCELLED. RATINGS? REALLY PEOPLE ACTUALLY DECREASED THE RATINGS ON ALL THOSE WONDERFUL SHOWS THAT HAD COMEDY, DRAMA, I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT THOSE SHOWS WERE CANCELLED. ANYWAY JUST WANTED TO VOICE MY 2 BIT OPINION TO THE WORLD. IF THERE IS ANY ONE OUT THERE WHO WAS A BIG A FAN AS I WAS OF THE SHOWS PLEASE HIT ME UP ON MY EMAIL. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW I CAN WATCH SOME OF THE SHOWS FOR FREE I REALLY MISS THEM.?JUST GOT MY COMPUTER LEARNING HOW TO USE IT AFRAID OF DOWNLOADING STUFF.LOOKING FOR MY SHOWS BUT DON’T WANT TO OVERLOAD MY COMPUTER. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

9. Phyllis Ducos says

Is Cane coming back. Loved the show. The cast is great and the story line.
    I hate those reality shows. Bring it back.