America’s Best Dance Crew: Cancelled, No Season Eight

Randy Jackson will be back on American Idol but his America’s Best Dance Crew won’t be back on MTV. It’s been cancelled after seven seasons on the air reports Variety.

Produced by Jackson, the reality competition features dance crews as they compete for a $100,000 prize and the Golden ABDC Trophy. Various challenges are given to the competing teams each week and judges like JC Chasez, Lil Mama, D-Trix, Omarion, and Shane Sparks decide who will advance to the next round. Mario Lopez serves as host.

In a statement, MTV said, “We are grateful to Randy Jackson and Warner Horizon for having brought our audience seven amazing seasons of dance with ABDC, and look forward to more successful and dynamic entertaining collaborations in the future.”

America’s Best Dance Crew finished airing its seventh season on June 13th and Elektrolytes is the show’s final winning crew.

What do you think? Are you a fan of America’s Best Dance Crew? Will you miss the series? Do you think it will return for an eighth season some day?

Canceled and renewed TV show

34 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Plz Plz plz bring back abdc thats used to be the only thing i watched and i allways wanted to be on it with my friends we all dance so amazingly and awesomely we all watched it together and we learned most of our danceing skills from abdc so plz plz bring it back

2. jessij says

ABDC was the only reason I ever tuned in to MTV. Guess I won’t be watching that station anymore.

3. Jessi says

Oh, my, god! Why would you cancel such an acrobatic and artistic display of dance. That show gave dancers a chance to go somewhere with their lives. To go higher than their expectations. It gave kids and adults the push and drive to get out of the hood or financial distress. These peoples lives were revolving around this and it was great to be able to watch the new styles that each and every individual brought to the table. This show was way better than American idol by a long shot. Come on guys. Bring it back. PLEASE! season 8, lets do this.

4. sandra says

Please bring back Americas Best Dance Crew!! I love the show and miss it greatly. ABDC is one of the FEW reasons to watch MTV. It puts the MUSIC in MTV . . . I believe it is the only show that “MAKES” MTV. Think about it . . . how many people are up watching videos (when mtv actually plays them) at 4-6 AM?? Really!!? I watched them for total 2 or 3 times in three weeks when I had to be at work around 6:30 AM. The “top 20″ changed quickly . . . if you heard a song you liked – forget it. It would be #4 this week and off the chart the next. OH – how SO many miss the solid play of MUSIC TELEVISION (when it WAS Music Television). The young people of today have no idea how great it WAS. PLEASE bring something great back . . . you know – Americas Best Dance Crew (awesome dancing with fierce intensity!!!) WAAAHHOOOOO!!!

5. Seraile says

I really loved watching Americans Best Dance Crew and I can’t believe such a wonderful show is off the air. I really hope they give it another chance because I’ve been watching the show since the first season. I use to dance and this is why it was one of my favorite shows because I’m a dancer. BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Mike Cottey says

The show was awesome loved watching it every week. Hopefully they will let them get back on the air and do more episodes. Gonna miss it.

7. ShinSakura says

MTV has changed a great deal since years back, now apart from music it tries to be hip/cool. Jersey shore despite it’s negative popularity, it is not cancelled, while ABDC a show which I found interesting and better than America’s talent, which is its nature is a singing competition, ABDC was an only another great show of talent and training. MTV could go back to music… But those days I guess are long gone.

8. MamaAnnie says

MTV has become a joke! They never play videos anymore and ABDC actually showcased talent and exposed the real lives of its competitors which they also now fail to do…its “Real World/Road Rules All Stars” (or who can get more intoxicated, scream, yell, fall down and sleep with everyone else in the house), “Jackass” (or who can provide young children with a reason to pull stupid a** stunts to try to become famous), or “Jersey Shore” b*llshit! (otherwise known as why naive people think its cool to get wasted, sleep with strangers and put yourself at risk for stds or unplanned pregnancies….”hey but I could make a million dollars like Snookie!”) I grew up in the ’80’s, ’90’s…when music meant something and people on “reality tv” were actually dealing with reality like Pedro Zamora of “The Real World San Francisco”….I am ashamed at this point to say I ever supported a network that exhibits such shallow morals just to get higher ratings and ashamed of the culture we now live in where wacthing someone else’s tragedy or downfall has become entertainment! And MTV (or Music Television as you once were called) you too should be ashamed!

• sandra says

I grew up in the 80`s and early 90`s too . . . I Absolutely understand and agree with you. Rock On MamaAnnie! :)

9. Ann says

I know many people personally, in the target demographic, who watched this show. Why even the Obama girls watched it, for goodness sakes! I’m a senior citizen and I watched it. I was unaware it had been cancelled. What a bummer!!!

10. Trey Whitwell says

Please please please bring this show back! It was my all time favourite show and everything about it was just so entertaining! The dances, the judging, the anticipation, the style! I just love it and so many others do too!

11. Max Gomez says

I think ABDC should continue!!
    it’s my most favorite dance shows of all!!!
    Reasons being:
    Love the music,
    Love the dancing styles,
    Love the judges/host,
    Love the crews and banners.
    So PLEASE, continue ABDC!!!

12. Marcus freeman says

Please move the show to regular tv channels please!! Such as FOX OR ABC , this will create much more viewers for the Television show. Do not let this show fail, there is soo much talent in the world, Please do not waste it!!