Army Wives

Army WivesNetwork: Lifetime
Episodes: 117 (hour)
Seasons: Seven

TV show dates: June 3, 2007 — June 9, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Brian McNamara, Kim Delaney, Sterling K. Brown, Catherine Bell, John White Jr., Sally Pressman, Wendy Davis, Brigid Brannagh, Drew Fuller, Katelyn Pippy, Luke Bartelme, and Patricia French.

current TV show

TV show description:
This series is set at the Army Post of Fort Marshall, in Charleston, South Carolina. The lives and dramas of Roxy LeBlanc (Sally Pressman), Claudia Joy Holden (Kim Delaney), Denise Sherwood (Catherine Bell), Roland Burton (Sterling K. Brown) and Pamela Moran (Brigid Brannagh) all intertwine as they deal with being a spouse of a member serving in the Army.

Claudia is the wife to Col. Michael Holden (Brian McNamara) and has just arrived at Fort Marshall, a place where soldiers are either about to be shipped off to Iraq or are returning home from there.

She meets and befriends Denise, who has grown up on military bases her entire life. Denise was swept away by Major Frank Sherwood (Terry Serpico), but their recent relationship has become anything but easy.

In contrast, ex-cocktail waitress Roxy’s relationship to PFC Trevor LeBlanc (Drew Fuller) has come both easily and quickly as the two marry after knowing each other for only five days.

“Army husband” Roland is struggling both as a husband and a psychiatrist in trying to help his wife, Joan (Wendy Davis), cope with post-traumatic stress disorder after her tour of duty in Afghanistan.

And as any military family knows, sacrifice is often required, like in the home of former Boston police officer Pamela Moran (Brigid Branagh). She’s becoming a surrogate mother to enable both her and Delta Force husband Chase Moran (Jeremy Davidson) to claim extra benefits.

Based on the memoir Under the Sabres: The Unwritten Code of Army Wives by Tanya Biank, this drama details the battles occurring on the home front. For these women and men, being all you can be, sometimes costs everything.

Series Finale

Episode #117 — All or Nothing
When Tim goes missing after hurting her while having a nightmare, Holly reaches out to the tribe and Tim’s platoon for help. They search for him while trying to keep is absense quiet. Hector tells Tim that he will always be there for him and Tim agrees to get help for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Denise catches Michael in a compromising position with Kat. Latasha and Quincy receive news about his military career. Roland and Joan prepare to leave Fort Marshall, and a retirement ceremony is held for Joan. Gloria continues to be pulled between Hector and Patrick but then comes to a decision.
First aired: June 9, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Army Wives TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for an eighth season?

Erin Day February 19, 2014 at 10:36 pm

I am so upset that Army Wives is ending! I loved that show! Lifetime needs to reconsider their decision!

Sherri February 6, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I just recently started watching Army Wife’s on Netflix and loved it until one of my friends told me it ended…I was so disappointed that after I finish watching it there will be no more Army Wife’s…Why did they?” Every time there is a show worth watching and even a clean show at that, they take it off….very very disappointed…

Gayle February 1, 2014 at 2:43 pm

This was a terrific show. It was quality watching compared to some of the messed up reality series.

Linda January 20, 2014 at 7:19 pm

I loved this show. My husband and I bothed enjoyed watching it. I really looked forward to the new seasons. Why oh Why do they always cancel the good shows??!!

Jessica December 30, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Sad it is over. Loved it.

pat meehan December 26, 2013 at 7:12 pm

they always cancel the great shows and keep the stupid ones. I would like to see a poll of all the military people that watched it to see what they thought of the show. one of the all time best in my opinion.

Audrey November 17, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I love Army Wives, and it should have stay on. It was a great show.

Judy Welch November 11, 2013 at 9:09 pm

This is the only show that I looked forward to seeing each week. I’m sure the military wives have a hard time of it while their soldier is away. This show gave the military situation some respect. The writing was great, the actors were casted to where they fit in with each other. You would have thought they were real acting parts. When you ended the series and then started another season, I thought the writers did a fantastic job at introducing the characters slowly so we could get acquainted with each one. I was totally fine with what they did. But, Brooke Shields didn’t fit in, tho…and it was too soon for Michael to consider a love interest. Why can’t you go on from here? It’s never easy to see the actors casted into other parts now… we had so much respect for them in Army Wives.

Karen November 10, 2013 at 4:59 pm

You could at least end the story lines for us viewers, that really cared and faithfully watched this show.

Annetta November 9, 2013 at 11:58 pm

I watch Lifetime programs and they are all great. Watching Army Wives did not disappoint. The series was well written and the acting superb. I hope you will have another show that is as good as Army Wives. I like every one fell in love with The Holden’s , the Sherman’s, and all the amazing other “army family’s ” . I am sad that it will not be back so I hope that it will at least have a finale that is befitting of “army Wives”. At least we can see Catherine Bell on the “Good Witch ” movies.

Annette November 9, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Please reconsider and bring back this amazing show. It is one of the best life time series I have ever seen. Have Loved it from day one . At least have a finale that will not disappoint.

Laura November 2, 2013 at 7:07 am

I don’t understand why they cancelled. I know some of the changes they made last year, I did not care for. I am not a huge Brooke Shields fan. I think they should bring it back for at least one more season and tie up some loose ends.

DEBORAH JACKSON October 29, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I DON’T THINK IT WAS RIGHT TO CANCELL THE SHOW LIKE YALL DID BECAUSE ME AND MY HUSBAND SON ENJOYED WATCHING IT EVERY WEEK

Connie Vaughn October 18, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I’m so disappointed that Army Wives has been cancelled. Was so looking forward to Season 8. Sure wish Lifetime T.V. would reconsider.

Jennifer Simien October 16, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Why was the show canceled????? Why>????