Beauty and the Beast (2012)

The CW TV series Beauty and the BeastNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 11, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Kristin Kreuk, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, Jay Ryan, and Austin Basis.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is a reimagining of the classic story and the CBS 1987-90 drama of the same name.

Homicide detective Catherine “Cat” Chandler (Kristin Kreuk) is a smart, no-nonsense woman who is haunted by her own tragic past. As a teenager, Cat witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of two gunmen. Young Cat would have been killed as well but someone — or some thing — saved her. No one believed her but she knows that it wasn’t an animal that attacked the assassins. Though her savior was strange and terrifying, it was also human.

Years have passed, and although she thinks about her mother every day, Cat is a strong and capable police detective. She works alongside an equally talented partner, Tess Vargas (Nina Lisandrello). The two ladies make a good team, and have become close friends. They’ve worked on countless homicide cases together, under the supervision of their tough-but-fair boss, Joe Bishop (Brian White).

Cat has also become close with medical examiner Evan Marks (Max Brown). They’ve developed a fun and flirtatious relationship that could easily turn into something deeper — if Cat would let that happen. However, as her younger sister Heather (Nicole Gale Anderson) has observed, Cat’s romantic inclinations tend toward bad boys.

While investigating a new case, Cat and Tess discover fingerprints that lead them to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan). He was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Digging deeper, Cat learns that Vincent is still very much alive. For mysterious reasons that have forced him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years.

With the help of his childhood friend, J.T. Forbes (Austin Basis), Vincent has been able to guard his terrible secret — when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, who’s unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Cat is stunned when Vincent admits that he was the “animal” who saved her on the night of her mother’s murder. Vincent doesn’t admit the whole truth however. He is emotionally tied to Cat and has been watching over her since that night.

Cat agrees to protect Vincent’s identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother’s murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Cat and Vincent, who understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them. Cat’s secret obsession with Vincent puts a strain on her relationship with everyone else around her, and Tess is especially troubled by the feeling that Cat is keeping something from her.

Vincent soon becomes a secret but important part of Cat’s detective work. During the years that he’s spent hiding in the shadows, watching over Cat and other innocents, Vincent has learned a lot about the darkest parts of the city and its residents. His sharpened instincts, incredible strength and human compassion become invaluable to Cat as she works to bring criminals to justice.

As she slowly comes to terms with Vincent’s monstrous alter-ego, Cat senses that she can trust him in ways she hasn’t been able to trust any other man. Despite the obstacles between them, she realizes that she’s safer with him than anywhere else.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series on The CW? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Alzira Marques July 11, 2014 at 10:36 am

I LOVE the show and i hope the producers understand once and for all that Vincent and Cat are better together than apart

Belinda May 14, 2014 at 10:48 am

I am a BATB addict and did my HAPPY DANCE upon hearing we got a season 3. Love the Beasties for being persistent and vocal about our favorite show–thanks Beasties and thank you CW network.

Anonymous May 17, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Hey Belinda

I couldn’t agree with you more! Yea

barbara May 13, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I love it, don’t cancel

Jeniffer May 12, 2014 at 9:15 pm

This is another show that youDONT need to cancel!! It is so good!!

Sam May 10, 2014 at 7:49 am

I super love this show. Please don’t cancel

bisha May 6, 2014 at 6:59 am

I super love this series….

rathomir May 4, 2014 at 6:32 pm

How is this dog shit still on the air.

Miriam April 28, 2014 at 7:42 am

I would love to see a new season, season 1 and 2 have been amazing.

Its one of the best series I have ever watched.

Michiko April 27, 2014 at 11:16 am

I also hope the writers and the producers are noticing how many people really love this show and are rallying for BATB to stay on and not be cancelled

Betsy April 15, 2014 at 4:40 am

I keep my passion for the CW show Beauty and the Beast no secret. I have to say that I have never been apart of any thing like what I am currently in to save my show Beauty and the Beast. I was never into twitter and now it’s the only thing I know. I’m so proud of my fellow beasties as we call each other. We have fought long and hard and we are still fighting pleading to the CW network to give BATB(Beauty&theBeast)
My show won the E! Online’s Save One Show Campaign beating out top shows like The Mentalist, Revolution, Nashville, The Tomorrow People etc. Beauty and the Beast is the CW’s most talked about show on twitter with over 500,000 tweets this month. Even though my show is currently on Hiatus until June 2nd, the beasties have trended on several occasions on Twitter. We got our main guy Jay Ryan who plays Vincent Keller to go head to head with Super Naturals Jensen Ackles for Alpha Male 2014, coming in 2nd out of 36 leading TV Men. He beat guys like one of my favorites Ian Sommerhalder so imagine!!! The beasties raised over 15k for the JDRF foundation that Austin Basin known as JT is fond off. The money was raise in one month the beasties raised this money on behalf of the CW_Network in hopes if renewal chances. The BATB fandom is unlike any other noting will turn off our fire. That said call me CRAZY, OBSESSED, tell me I need a life I really don’t care bc this fan girl won’t stop till I get my showed renew.

Anonymous April 16, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I am with you all the way!!!!!

Letitia April 12, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Please Do Not cancel this show.I love love love it!! Give it a chance .I hope with people like myself taking the time to post our comments makes a differnence.

Anonymous April 14, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I see that there are some episodes coming up in June. Would you please continue with this show; I love this show so much and I do not want to see it cancel. If you must cancel would you at least have Vincent and Kat together or marry. They are better together than apart and the ending should reflect this. They are truly meant to be together

Jenell April 8, 2014 at 10:38 am

Do not cancel. Love this show but it needs a revamp. It needs to be more about the couple we fell in love with. Them together against the world.

Anonymous April 8, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I totally agree it should be more about the couple we fell in love with. They are better together than apart. They play their parts so well that they should be together in real life; what a chemistry and there’s no denying that.

Sue Scott April 4, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I just found it on Netflix, please don’t cancel!

Noah Isaac March 29, 2014 at 4:58 am

I thing they should renew it I love this show id be really upset if they cancelled it

gloria March 27, 2014 at 5:09 am

WE ALL LOVE THIS SHOW DO NOT CANCEL!!!

Anonymous March 28, 2014 at 2:20 am

I hope the writers and the producers are noticing how many people really love this show and are rallying for BATB to stay on and not be cancelled