Beauty and the Beast (2012)

The CW TV series Beauty and the BeastNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 11, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Kristin Kreuk, Nina Lisandrello, Brian White, Max Brown, Nicole Gale Anderson, Jay Ryan, and Austin Basis.

TV show description:
This TV series is a reimagining of the classic story and the CBS 1987-90 drama of the same name.

Homicide detective Catherine “Cat” Chandler (Kristin Kreuk) is a smart, no-nonsense woman who is haunted by her own tragic past. As a teenager, Cat witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of two gunmen. Young Cat would have been killed as well but someone — or some thing — saved her. No one believed her but she knows that it wasn’t an animal that attacked the assassins. Though her savior was strange and terrifying, it was also human.

Years have passed, and although she thinks about her mother every day, Cat is a strong and capable police detective. She works alongside an equally talented partner, Tess Vargas (Nina Lisandrello). The two ladies make a good team, and have become close friends. They’ve worked on countless homicide cases together, under the supervision of their tough-but-fair boss, Joe Bishop (Brian White).

Cat has also become close with medical examiner Evan Marks (Max Brown). They’ve developed a fun and flirtatious relationship that could easily turn into something deeper — if Cat would let that happen. However, as her younger sister Heather (Nicole Gale Anderson) has observed, Cat’s romantic inclinations tend toward bad boys.

While investigating a new case, Cat and Tess discover fingerprints that lead them to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller (Jay Ryan). He was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Digging deeper, Cat learns that Vincent is still very much alive. For mysterious reasons that have forced him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years.

With the help of his childhood friend, J.T. Forbes (Austin Basis), Vincent has been able to guard his terrible secret — when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, who’s unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Cat is stunned when Vincent admits that he was the “animal” who saved her on the night of her mother’s murder. Vincent doesn’t admit the whole truth however. He is emotionally tied to Cat and has been watching over her since that night.

Cat agrees to protect Vincent’s identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother’s murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Cat and Vincent, who understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them. Cat’s secret obsession with Vincent puts a strain on her relationship with everyone else around her, and Tess is especially troubled by the feeling that Cat is keeping something from her.

Vincent soon becomes a secret but important part of Cat’s detective work. During the years that he’s spent hiding in the shadows, watching over Cat and other innocents, Vincent has learned a lot about the darkest parts of the city and its residents. His sharpened instincts, incredible strength and human compassion become invaluable to Cat as she works to bring criminals to justice.

As she slowly comes to terms with Vincent’s monstrous alter-ego, Cat senses that she can trust him in ways she hasn’t been able to trust any other man. Despite the obstacles between them, she realizes that she’s safer with him than anywhere else.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Beauty and the Beast TV series on The CW? Do you think that it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

200 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. PATTY says

Enjoy the show…PLEASE DON’T CANCEL !! There are so few progams I really look forward too!! This is definitely one of them…

2. Maria says

My daughter and I love the show!! I think the storyline is great, especially now, as more people have seen Vincent or have learned about him. Keep this show going, too many good shows cancelled, particularly on ABC!!

3. Jane says

I LOVE this show. The chemistry is amazing between Vincent and Catherine. The friendships between Vincent and J.T., Evan and Cat, Tess and Cat are dynamite. Keep an old lady happy don’t cancel this show for many years to come. (I am older than the intended audience but not dead. )

4. Samantha says

Absolutely love this show!!!! I was so upset when they canceled The Secret Circle last season. I would hate to see this one canceld as well. I love love Jay Ryan. Hope it is around for another season. Thuraday is my fav night for T.V.

5. Tanya L Sivill says

I watched the one in the 80s and now this one, I like both. They are both good in their own way. I look forward to every Thursday now and I even stopped watching Grey’s Anatomy

6. Muriel Levendale says

I have had the opportunity to watch this show and i’m in Zimbabwe, Africa. My girlfriends and i love, love it. Please don’t cancel it we are huge fans of the show and we can’t wait for more episodes!!! :)

7. Cris says

Please I love this show and really want another season, hell many more seasons please! Cant wait for next week’s episode I look forward to each new episode cant wait!

8. says

hey i am from greece(athens) and i am very happy watching the new and very impruve (beauty and the beast).kristen kreuk is beautiful a pure beauty and perfect for the leader role and jay rayan perfect for the (beast)this series has for me everything.action,fantasy feelings,romantinc everything.i think that now the producer ron koslow as always made again perfect job because the (beast) is not always beast ,vincent has his human face which allow him to live in world and only when gets ungry he becomes (the beast).this series has much powewr for at least 10 seasons like smollvile with kristen kreuk.the writers have the powewr to create very good scripts.my wish is this series is much much much better from the series of the decates of 1987.i hope to have seasons more than the (smollvile) ia have many friends who i tell them about it.in greece this series has fanatic people who love that. i vote yes yes yes continue the series.thank you very much for reading this.kristen kreuk and jay rayan are playing perfect.

9. tonya s. says

I love this show and can’t wait for Thursdays. It is my favorite, along w/Scandal. I loved the last B&B too. This one is more current…I like the twists — Cat is strong willed and defiant…It must continue for a full season 2 and dynamite writing.

10. Allison says

One of the best and most addicting shows on TV. I can’t wait for each episode. Great chemistry between the characters, great writing. Please don’t cancel!

11. rhonda rolfe says

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST SHOULD NOT ONLY GET A SECOND SEASON BUT IT SHOULD GET MANY MORE!!! IT HAS FANTASTIC WRITING, FANTASTIC ACTING, FANTASTIC STORY FANTASTIC EVERYTHING. WE ARE CALLED BEASTIES AND WATCH US ROAR. WE ARE FANTASTIC FANS THAT ARE DEDICATED TO THE SHOW FOR BETTER OR WORSE. WE LOVE LOVE LOVE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!! EVERYBODY GET ON TWITTER #BATBFOLLOWPARTY. AND ROCK OUT WITH OUR BEASTIES!!!!

• Anonymous says

DO NOT CANCEL this show!! There is so much chemistry between Cat and Vincent, even with J.T.!! Not only with their love for each other but the drama you just never knowing what is going to happen next!! The writers, directors and of course the actors are amazing! What is great to see is that you really are getting to know each character now. And I like them all. Again keep B&B on!!