Better Off Ted: ABC to (maybe) Air Final Two Episodes

Better Off TedA couple weeks ago, ABC officially cancelled the beloved but low-rated sitcom Better Off Ted. Featuring the talents of Jay Harrington, Portia de Rossi, and Andrea Anders, the sitcom received low ratings from the start so the cancellation really wasn’t a surprise.

The network stopped running Better Off Ted in January, leaving two unaired episodes on the shelf. Those installments might just see the light of day next week.

ABC is airing the NBA Finals and the seventh game is scheduled for June 17th. If the winner of the Finals is determined before then and that game isn’t needed, ABC has slotted four repeats of Cougar Town and the final episodes of Better Off Ted — “Swag the Dog” and “It’s My Party and I’ll Lie If I Want To.”

According to Hitfix, the seventh game has only been needed 20% of the time so there’s a good chance that the last episodes of Better Off Ted will air.

If they don’t end up running on the 17th, the network has no immediate plans to reschedule them. There’s a good chance that they’ll pop up sometime during the summer but just not anytime in the next couple weeks.

What do you think? Are you hoping that the seventh game of the NBA Finals isn’t needed? Will you tune in to see the last episodes of Better Off Ted?

Chuck June 12, 2010 at 1:10 am

Don’t get your hopes up, Commissioner Stern will do everything in his power to make the Finals go to game 7. He doesn’t care who wins, he just wants the advertising revenue. When it gets down to the finals, he’s not concerned with how bad the calls look, he just wants it all tied up at the end of six.

I’m sure ABC will still let the episodes out at some point though, even if it’s only on DVD.

Rob June 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Absolutely!!!!

Jon June 11, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Yes, I will! That show really got funny towards the end, but I had a feeling it wasn’t going to last. I hope they do air the last 2 episodes.

Brian June 11, 2010 at 9:43 am

I’ll absolutely watch, but chances are they’ll screw with the schedule, as per usual. If networks would just put these shows on and leave their damned timeslots alone instead of always keeping you guessing, perhaps their shows would catch on!! Give them a chance already!!

Chris June 10, 2010 at 6:52 am

I will watch better Off ted’s last 2 episodes for sure. This is a trvasty that it was cancelled. I understand ratings and all, but this clever funny show was never given a proper time slot to begin with. I was aslo hoping another network would pick it up, but so far, no luck. ABC once again made a terrible decision.

Rick June 9, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Ratings are a terrible way to rate the quality of a show . As far as I know no one I’ve ever met has had any input on the process. So who are they asking and how the hell do they represent me in canada. Also if the do combine some sort of canadian system into their count that doesn`t explain why some shows like Family Guy and Futurama can go and come back (and make fun of fox for their stupidity upon their return)but Jericho and Scrubs and Flashforward get tanked for good with no prospect for return. Well o.k. Scrubs doesnt count J.D. was only in the first few and Turk is`nt as funny without him or Carla.by the way futurama will reurn to comedy central june 24 with 26 new episodes ,12 of them this season and more to come(so says Discover magazine in an article this month). AAhhhh the power of raw geekdom is terrifying

Left Coast Tim June 8, 2010 at 3:21 pm

It was witty, inventive, and intelligent. No wonder it never stood a chance on American network TV. My favorite epsiode was when the sensors wouldn’t pick-up Lem’s skin color. And in the board meeting explaining having to hire black people to shadow the white people to shadow the black people, Veronica had to explain, “By the year 2012, EVERYONE in the world will work for Veridian Dynamics…and we just don’t have the parking!”
Big fan, also, of “The Middle” and “Modern Family”, but refuse to watch “Cougar Town”.
Why ABC didn’t put “Ted” in where “Scrubs” had been (which “jumped the shark” YEARS ago), I’ll never know.
And, okay, I’ll admit, being a guy from the old “Ginger Vs. Mary Ann” era, I, too have
pondered, “Veronica…or Linda?” WHY CAN’T I HAVE BOTH?
Thanks, anyway, cast and crew. Was definitely my favorite TV show of the past
couple of years. You will ALL be missed.

Jake D June 8, 2010 at 8:59 am

I will absolutely watch them. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve said the phrase: “Oh sure, this gets on the air but they cancel Better Off Ted.” I realize Ted had low ratings but I have no idea if/how ABC ever promoted the show? I am equally bothered by the fact that no other network picked this show up. So yes, I will watch, I will buy the Season 2 DVD when it comes out and will continue to watch the Season 1 DVD and use that as a comparison for sitcoms on all networks, no doubt repeating the phrase, “Oh sure, this gets on the air but they cancel Better Off Ted.”

Susan June 7, 2010 at 4:12 pm

They should of never canceled the show in the first place. ABC sucks!

Gabriella June 7, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I hope they air. This show is so funny, I was so mad when they canceled it:(

robycop3 June 7, 2010 at 3:12 pm

BASKETBALL, hands down!
EVERY TV show ever made has had its diehard fanzz, so I expected to see a few complimentary remarx about BOT. But if the show was so great, it woulda had more viewers, plain-n simple! OTOH, the NBA finals always has a certain hardcore viewership, & this year, with two of the most-popular teams battling it out, that viewership will be higher.

SEAL76 June 7, 2010 at 3:09 pm

I would like to see Better Off Ted renewed. Short of that at least show the two un aired episodes. I am hoping that the Seventh game of the NBA playoffs is not needed. In fact I really believe that the NBA itself is not needed along with the NFL, MLB, NHL and most of the pro and college sports that we are forced to hear about or read about. I hate pro sports.

Ann June 7, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Better Off Ted any day! I really miss it!

Jeremy Rynek June 7, 2010 at 11:08 am

Well it would be nice. If it happens great, if it doesn’t not ad great. Most likely those 2 episodes will be on the DVD, so we can see in a couple weeks or when the DVD comes out. Either way the show is canceled, that sux, why I’m not surprised?

leslie June 7, 2010 at 7:20 am

yes–i want all i can get–another excellent show down the drain!