Bomb Girls: Cancelled, No Season Three But…

Bomb Girls canceledShaw Media in Canada has cancelled Bomb Girls after two seasons. The TV series airs on Global Television in Canada and on ReelzChannel here in the US.

Bomb Girls revolves around a group of Canadian women who work in a munitions factory as they build bombs for the Allies during World War II. The cast includes Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Antonio Cupo, Sebastian Pigott, Peter Outerbridge, Anastasia Phillips, Jim Codrington, and Lisa Norton. Rosie O’Donnell guest-starred during the second season.

Though there won’t be a third season, Global has ordered a two-hour movie that will wrap up the series. A release notes that it “will conclude the rich storylines and the amazing journeys of these beloved characters which have strongly resonated with the show’s loyal fans.”

The TV movie will air in Winter 2014 in Canada. It seems likely that Reelz will purchase domestic rights to air the conclusion around that same time.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Bomb Girls has been cancelled? Are you looking forward to the movie?

Canceled and renewed TV show

245 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Steph says

I just found this show on Netflix! And now I hear it is ending!! Of course they are because we need another cop show or reality TV show… I don’t watch a lot a TV shows anymore so I am really picky on what I do watch. I work and go to school and have kids to take care of so that does not leave much time for TV. However, this show was one of the best I have seen in awhile! I am not surprised it has been taken off, because those who make those choices I believe never give shows like this a chance to begin with. I will be watching the movie however!

2. Niki says

We also found this show on netflix and have been enjoying it. There is so little on television worth watching anymore. Why do they take off anything with any quality for junky reality shows? We were enjoying the wonderful British series Wild at Heart, but it was also removed from the air. I do hope that we will be able to see the movie and have closure to the story since it , sadly, does not continue.

3. Marilyn Davis says

I too enjoyed this great series, it seems as soon as you really get into a series they up
    & cancel it the following season……you Producers in Canada need to take a look at bringing this back. This was definitely a mistake.
    Yes, I will see the movie, but I always looked forward to that show weekly.

4. Amanda Allen says

That is a true disappointment.I dont watch tv much.But I sat and watched this show.I loved it. Was looking forward to the next season. But I will settle for the movie.

5. Michael Davis says

I am so sorry this excellent series has been canceled. It is not often that you find a TV show that has the story line and character development this one did. The acting was truly professional and believable. I am very much looking forward to the movie.

6. Mary says

I loved that show. I was looking forward to it continuing and I am so sorry that it is not…. I will definitely look forward to seeing the movie. You are right..fans of land girls and call the midwife would love this show. I am always amazed at what continues on and what gets cancelled!!

7. Sherry says

I wish this show had been backed up with more advertising. I found this wonderful show on Netflix. It is above par than most highly popular shows on tv these days. The same people that liked “Call the Midwife” and possibly “Land Girls” would’ve really appreciated this show. I’m sorry that it has come to an end.

8. C. jone says

I can’t believe its canceled. I love that show. The story line and the acting are superb. Why do the continue to cancel the good programs, yet the useless reality shows continue on.

9. lpropst says

I agree that really good series like this continue to get cancelled leaving nothing but trash to watch on tv. Makes one wonder why the series that convey nothing but stupidity, violence and sex continue but anything with intelligence or class is ignored. Doesn’t say much for society does it?

10. Bill Nowak says

This was a great great series….but just like anything that is GOOD…it is thrown aside for more murder and swearing type of BAD Bad Entertainment…if you want to call it that.
    Producers should be ashamed of themselves for cancelling shows like this in place of such trash that continues to be broadcast over the air…..Yes, my wife and I will be looking forward to the movie……..Producers in Canada should go hang themselves!!!