Breaking Pointe: Cancelled by CW, No Season Three

Breaking Pointe canceledTo no surprise, The CW has pulled the plug on their low-rated reality series Breaking Pointe. The show aired for two seasons over the last two summers.

CW president Mark Pedowitz noted the cancellation at the network’s portion of the Television Critics Association winter press tour today. He said, “I wish it did better… Docusoaps are very hard for broadcasters to get going versus cable.”

Breaking Pointe follows the inner workings of the a ballet company in Salt Lake City, Ballet West.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Breaking Pointe won’t be returning? Did you like the series?

hannah May 22, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Nooooooo! This was my favorite show eveeeer! please bring it back!

norma May 21, 2014 at 8:01 am

oh wow that is so sad I loved this show! So the honey boos survive and this doesn’t, not fair!

Kitkat May 12, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I am so sad and mad that this show is cancelled!! I love it so much! It is a show that the whole family watches together! Please bring it back!

Alison May 8, 2014 at 7:33 am

:( I was really looking forward to this season. I will miss the dancers so much.

Carrie April 13, 2014 at 10:19 pm

So disappointed. This was a unique look at the world of dance,its beauty and its difficulties.
Such an improvement over all the other reality nonsense.

nuria March 29, 2014 at 3:05 pm

I loved the show and the dancers.

Marjorie March 28, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I was just looking to see when season 3 of Breaking Point starts only to find out it has been canceled. I really like this show. Please bring it back.

Anonymous March 6, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Wish there was a season 3 was looking forward to it so

Abby March 20, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I started to watch it on Netflix a while ago and I was excited to start seeing it on TV then bam it’s gone why I don’t get it please I know it may not look like a lot views but the people that do watch the show obvious Like it

lars March 3, 2014 at 11:35 pm

I loved this show and learned so much about ballet and the dancers lives. I am so sad to see it go. I have been watching it on PlayOn due to schedule conflicts on my end and was so hoping to see what’s next. The music on the show is some of the best I have heard applied to a tv series ever.

Joan February 27, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I will miss the show, loved watching it. I’s really sad, I was here looking for the date season 3 would begin only to find out the show was canceled. This show was so much better than anything on that channel. I think it was a big mistake & hope some other channel picks it up.

Liberty January 25, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I loved the show! Sad there isn’t a season 3… Was really looking forward to it!

Susan January 24, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I personally loved the show and am so sorry to see it go! Hope CW will take a chance and bring it back!

ND Mitchell January 16, 2014 at 11:08 am

Too bad! I did like the show and looked forward to it every summer…oh well. :(

robycop3 January 15, 2014 at 9:38 pm

This was far from the worst show out there, providing us with facts about the world of ballet that we’d never know otherwise. Apparently, not enough of us were curious about ballet and the Neilsens dried up.

violet January 15, 2014 at 9:22 pm

oh I am so sad to see this show leave………I loved it……….and was enjoying all the cast as well………….it was a perfect balance between dance & their lives…………..I will miss the show tremendously !!! I’m a dancer & this was the only reality show I looked forward to……….why is it the quality shows go & other reality shows like the bachelor are still on………..well I will miss this little gem for sure…………