Breaking Pointe: Cancelled by CW, No Season Three

Breaking Pointe canceledTo no surprise, The CW has pulled the plug on their low-rated reality series Breaking Pointe. The show aired for two seasons over the last two summers.

CW president Mark Pedowitz noted the cancellation at the network’s portion of the Television Critics Association winter press tour today. He said, “I wish it did better… Docusoaps are very hard for broadcasters to get going versus cable.”

Breaking Pointe follows the inner workings of the a ballet company in Salt Lake City, Ballet West.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Breaking Pointe won’t be returning? Did you like the series?

42 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kitkat says

I am so sad and mad that this show is cancelled!! I love it so much! It is a show that the whole family watches together! Please bring it back!

2. Carrie says

So disappointed. This was a unique look at the world of dance,its beauty and its difficulties.
    Such an improvement over all the other reality nonsense.

3. Marjorie says

I was just looking to see when season 3 of Breaking Point starts only to find out it has been canceled. I really like this show. Please bring it back.

• Abby says

I started to watch it on Netflix a while ago and I was excited to start seeing it on TV then bam it’s gone why I don’t get it please I know it may not look like a lot views but the people that do watch the show obvious Like it

4. lars says

I loved this show and learned so much about ballet and the dancers lives. I am so sad to see it go. I have been watching it on PlayOn due to schedule conflicts on my end and was so hoping to see what’s next. The music on the show is some of the best I have heard applied to a tv series ever.

5. Joan says

I will miss the show, loved watching it. I’s really sad, I was here looking for the date season 3 would begin only to find out the show was canceled. This show was so much better than anything on that channel. I think it was a big mistake & hope some other channel picks it up.

6. robycop3 says

This was far from the worst show out there, providing us with facts about the world of ballet that we’d never know otherwise. Apparently, not enough of us were curious about ballet and the Neilsens dried up.

7. violet says

oh I am so sad to see this show leave………I loved it……….and was enjoying all the cast as well………….it was a perfect balance between dance & their lives…………..I will miss the show tremendously !!! I’m a dancer & this was the only reality show I looked forward to……….why is it the quality shows go & other reality shows like the bachelor are still on………..well I will miss this little gem for sure…………