Burn Notice: Ending with Season Seven

Burn Notice endingAs suspected months ago, USA has decided to end Burn Notice after seven seasons on the air. The last season, which debuts on June 6th, will have 13 episodes.

Burn Notice has been a staple of USA’s line-up since 2007 and, by the end of the series, will have completed more than 100 episodes. The cast includes Jeffery Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell, Sharon Gless and Coby Bell.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Burn Notice is ending? What would you like to see happen before the series finishes?

Christy June 7, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I do not watch television as a rule. Actually, I have to go to a friend’s house to watch this show. But, I will cancel a meeting, a date or any other interruption so that I can see BURN NOTICE and its wonderful characters. Not only is the writing superb, but the show has a way of giving the viewer the feeling that they are in on everything. Its edge is really unique and entertaining. It’s clear that the cast and producers want to move on, but I am terribly sad to see this show ended. In my heart, I feel that the characters are my friends. I have never, never felt this way about any theatrical production. Salute! Burn Notice you will be missed as the greatest TV show ever.

david June 6, 2013 at 8:56 pm

burn notice is the best show in the history of television tied with law and order….i am 58 and almost cried when i heard…thought jeffrey donovan might be doing something else..but not to hear the networkis casncelling it….wow..what are they thinking…i am so going to miss fiona’s legs..eassily the best in the history of women!!!..suffice to say…i will be devastated…..something should be done…..something!!??

Fran June 6, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I hate to see this show go. I DVR them all so I don’t miss any…..

John June 5, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I will miss Burn Notice… but it’s been 7 seasons, folks! The actors are no doubt ready to move on, the writers are ready to move on, the production team is ready to move on. 7 seasons is a GREAT run. If it had been on one of the big networks, it probably would have been lucky to reach the end of the first season.

I would rather see a final season that wraps up all of the story lines, fixes all of the relationships and doesn’t leave us hanging like a sudden cancellation would. Let’s enjoy it.

John June 4, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Burn Notice is best show on T.V. Nothing else on USA is worth watching.

Anonymous June 6, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Ditto!

John June 4, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Burn Notice is the best show on T.V. Nothing else on USA is worth watching.

Gary Plunkett June 3, 2013 at 10:29 am

Either er locate the series to a friendly city, or have them become a PI series featuring Weston and Weston PI services and leave the CIA theme behind.

Stemsch June 2, 2013 at 2:23 am

If Miami is out have them move to Hawaii.

Gail May 30, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I have been waiting for season eight to begin. Burn notice is my favorite show on the USA network. I can not believe it is being cancelled. The network execs are crazy, I love the cast dynamics and the scripts are well written. I cannot believe USA has anything better to put in the Burn Notice time slot. I really thought USA was going to be a good network but I guess that is not the case.

longtime fan May 29, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Whatever the reason, I can’t believe this network would not do WHATEVER it took to keep this show on the air…..it’s just stupid. “IF” Miami is out…then move the location to another city…this team of characters could make it work no matter where they are!!

longtime fan May 29, 2013 at 12:56 pm

ur right…..junk on….great gone!! This has been one of the best shows on television since the very first episode. Engaging, exciting, and FUN!! You would think that a network would consider the loyal fans before giving a solid hit like BN the axe!!! Why can’t they open it for a vote like they do on American Idol or the Voice? How do they think a show becomes a hit anyway??!! Duh…the viewers! Have some respect for the people that make you rich. KEEP BURN NOTICE ….PLEASE!!!!

Lonnie Tebaldi May 28, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I am as dumfounded as the next, I wish somebody who works in this business who know’s why bad decisions are made that seem to go against the grain of popular opinion, would please tell us WHY!!! I’m in my fifties, grew up through the best years of the TUBE. These networks today bombard us with Too Much of Nothing!!! So when a show like Burn Notice, that appeals to a broad audience comes along, the networks should listen to us, the fans who buy their advertiser’s products to LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!! Stop Killing Us Viewers With Nonsense

john t May 28, 2013 at 6:01 pm

the junk stays on.the good ones go.bye u.s.a. network,this viewer is done with you.

Burn Notice fan June 14, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I agree. Burn Notice carried USA network. As for the rest of their line-up, it ain’t that great. At least nothing to look forward to in making sure I watch.

TJF May 24, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I am very sorry to hear that Burn Notice will be ending soon….Its one of the best shows on the air ! I hope that Michael and Fi end up getting married and I have a feeling they will….I will miss these great characters, Michael Weston, his mom, Fiona and Sam Ax especially.

I really think that they could continue the series with new additional characters…Now that.Golden Boy is cancelled, I think that they should consider some of THAT cast, adding Kevin Alejandro, Holt McCallany and Bonnie Somerville to the BN cast and start making an EIGHTH season…we want MORE!

Joanne Brown May 23, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Every season I look forward to just a few of my favorite shows and get very excited when the new episodes are due to air. One of these programs is Burn Notice which I understand is their last season. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????
Do the actors not want to do the show anymore of is it the network that is cancelling.
It appears that everytime there is a program that the public enjoys, it gets cancelled and some crappy show takes its place and only lasts for a short period of tme. This is something I will never understand. I think that the City of Miami lost their minds when they decided they wanted to build a park on the property that Burn Notice was using.
As badly as the City needs money, they would get no revenue from a park and lose the rent that Burn Notice was willing to pay. Did this have anything to do with the cancelation. I know there are going to be hundreds of viewers that are very hurt and disappointed to see Burn Notice Cancelled. Joanne Brown

TJF May 24, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I had no idea that Miami was building a park there…wow, I live up the coast from there, but I sure hope that they didn’t drive BN out of the area…that would just be sad…..well, hey they could always go to NEW ORLEANS!

sd May 26, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I agree…WHY< WHY and WHY would they end this show?Like you it one of the few shows I look forward to.