Camelot: Starz TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Camelot canceled season twoStarz has decided to cancel their Camelot TV series after one season. While the ratings weren’t bad for the Arthurian show, the numbers aren’t necessarily the whole reason why there won’t be a second season.

Camelot, as you might have guessed, is based on the legend of King Arthur. The series stars Jamie Campbell Bower as a young King Arthur, with Joseph Fiennes as Merlin, Eva Green as Morgan, and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere.

The premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That marked the cable channel’s most-watched and highest-rated original series premiere to date. Unfortunately, the second installment dropped 24% in total viewership and subsequent episodes dropped even further. Still, by the end of the season, the ratings were on an upswing. The finale nearly matching the viewership of the premiere.

While Camelot may have ordinarily ended up getting a renewal from Starz, the ratings weren’t the only factor in play.

A statement from a Starz representative notes, “Due to significant production challenges, Starz has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of Camelot with our production partners GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Productions.” Deadline reports that some of those “challenges” included scheduling conflicts with some of the actors.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Camelot has been cancelled? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

518 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jeff Tihlarik says

You know when the series first premiered I was one of the viewers to take an interest in the plot,cast and suspense of the series. But then had learned that it was cancelled and they wouldn’t be returning to finish what they had started I was pissed. Why even bother with it in the first place , I’m not sure how everyone else feels about this sort of situation but I can speak for myself when I say that nothing is more unsatisfying then unfinished business. When you create these series/movies it becomes a part of our lives we thirst for more and watch the series from beginning to end and even purchase the blu ray of the season and now . There’s this whole left that I’ve filled with questions about how it’s going to end or who’s the victor so to speak , and then there’s nothing does this not sicken everyone else . Why even bother in the first place you’ve accomplished a great plot , an awesome cast , a loyal following . And this is what we get in return for our time and money thanks a lot .

2. frankie says

I enjoyed the Show about early Britain.Great Cast,beautiful costumes,good plot.Very human characters .The Series had great potential portraying good versus evil.No blurring between these two.Evil punished Good rewarded.Strong female leads.A great entertainment.I just bought the Series.
    Not so good.No Season 2.What are they thinking? Give it time to build a fan base!
    Second Season please.
    F

3. Char says

Do our comments help, mean anything, or make possible difference? I for one strongly hope so. I’m disappointed too. It was a terrific show, I loved the actors and characters, and I’m hanging to see what happens next. Please reconsider. It was the channel’s ‘most watched highest rated series’. Ummm so to help the channel, they drop it?

Bring it back…..

4. Jermaine says

I been hoping for a season 2 now that I konw thre will not be one I truly am sadden by this. Everyone loves Spartacus but this really makes me sad. I would only hope that they would see that this is a great show that should continue.

5. Trish says

Please give us a 2nd season!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the show and have been waiting for the 2nd season but wasnt aware that it had been cancelled. Please reconsider!!!!!!

6. harvest floyd says

The best show that I have ever seen. I got the season 1 DVDs as a Christmas gift and watched the entire thing in 1 setting. Please give us season 2.

7. Luis Burke says

A terrible decision for such a remarkable production. The best cast, wonderful scenes, excellent script. Hopefully you could explore other possible production companies, just a thought.

Best Regards.

8. sue says

Very disappointed that Camelot was cancelled. Was one of the best reproductions and would have had a huge following. I am watching season 1 again and cant beleive those in charge dont see how well done this is. Showtime blew it again….

9. Thomas and Mary Moone says

This is sad news, we loved this show and looked forward to seeing the second season.
    Please notify us if it is to be on another channel.

10. Tamara and Phill Dusseau says

Im sooooooooSOOOOOOO disapointed ..
    This was the best tv show ever I just found out they were
    Not coming back Im starting to think i need new channels

11. Camelot watcher says

Sometimes it takes a while for shows to become known. That was my case. I really enjoyed the show. Was waiting for season 2.