Castle

CastleNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: March 9, 2009 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Molly C. Quinn, Nathan Fillion, Susan Sullivan, Stana Katic, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Tamala Jones, Jon Huertas, and Seamus Dever.

TV show description:
Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) is an incredibly famous mystery novelist who has become bored with his own success. His life starts to get interesting when he learns that a real-world copycat killer has started staging murder scenes based on his novels.

Rick is soon questioned by NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic), a very bright and aggressive detective who keeps her investigations under a tight rein. Their styles instantly clash yet sparks begin to fly, leading both to danger and a hint of romance as Rick steps in to help Kate find the killer. Once that case is solved, the author decides to use her as the basis for a new book series.

Rick uses his connections to get permission to accompany Kate while she investigates other cases, much to her frequent irritation. But Kate has a reputation for looking for “freaky” cases so she needs all the help she can get.

Others on her team include Kate’s confidant, Medical Examiner Lanie Parish (Tamala Jones); sardonic Detective Javier Esposito (Jon Huertas); and Detective Kevin Ryan (Seamus Dever), a nice guy who’s always ready to offer obscure facts. Captain Roy Montgomery (Ruben Santiago-Hudson) is their boss who makes sure that Kate’s cases go smoothly, in spite of all of the strong personalities involved.

Rick’s mother is Martha Rodgers (Susan Sullivan), a diva and former Broadway actress, who still seeks the spotlight and often ends up getting involved with the police cases. Alexis (Molly Quinn) is Rick’s quick-witted and insightful teenage daughter who keeps her famous dad in line.

Rick and Kate build upon their new relationship as they look to solve strange homicides in New York — as much fun as one can have with death & murder.

Canceled and renewed TV show

218 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Corny says

I look forward to Mondays because Castle is on. I love this show. I’m so tired of all the blood & guts on some other crime dramas. This show is real. Everyone is so good and enjoyable to watch. The comradarie is awesome. Please, please keep it on. It’s one of the few shows for intelligent adults.

2. veronica jasso says

Castle is a great show. I sit with my two daughters and watch it. It’s funny and very easy to watch. I don’t have to worry about any foul language of any strong sex scenes. Castle is something that I watch every Monday. Lets just say that the lame show of the Bachlore is finally over!!!!!!!! Castle should stay on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to a new episode and a new season.

3. Helen Alta says

Castle: Best show on television. The chemistry by the whole cast is great. Everyone plays an important part. Keep the relationship between Castle and Beckett without sex involved!! They have the best chemistry I’ve seen since Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. Kudos to the producers and directors!!

4. Sam says

I would like to watch (V) but it comes on the same time as NCIS if you would change day or time I would watch every week unless it is on when (24) comes back in Jan.

5. Aaron says

This is probably my favorite show on tv. I am a huge fan of Nathan Fillion. I am glad to see that the show has not been cancelled.

6. carol says

Absolutely love CASTLE! Rarely do I find anything on tv that is worth watching.
    FINALLY a well written script performed by a great cast that includes a little drama, suspense, humor, romance and intrigue. Thanks ABC for providing a great show. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

7. Jim Willeford says

I have watched this show from the first episode. I would like to see the series continue.

8. says

I love the show and look forward to 21 SEPTEMBER, when the show will start back up! One of the best shows in the last 5 years to come on TV…Thanks ABC…finally a winner for the good folks who like this type of entertainment…Can’t wait to begin the new season !!!

9. Colleen says

Why would you cancel a show like Castle. It had everything in a series humor romance and mystery. Please bring it back