Chelsea Lately: Chelsea Handler Reportedly Planning to End Show

Chelsea Lately ending?THR reports that Chelsea Handler plans to leave the E! channel when her contract expires at the end of the year. This would bring an end to her Chelsea Lately talk show after eight years on the air.

According to her manager, Irving Azoff, “Chelsea intends to leave when her contract expires. She hired me to figure out life after E! We have at least seven suitors.”

Handler’s future plans could include a radio show, another weekly late-night show on television or on a digital platform.

An E! spokesperson respinded, “Chelsea has nine months left on her contract and E! will not comment on the future of Chelsea Lately at this time.”

What do you think? Are you a fan of Chelsea Lately? Would you be sorry to see the show end? Would you follow Handler to another channel or platform?

Jim J. May 28, 2014 at 4:13 pm

UPDATE: E! has confirmed that “Chelsea Lately” will end in August of 2014.

new May 14, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Thanks for sharing, I love Chelsea.

wanda just me April 23, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I Have always loved watching her!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is amazing, real and sooooo funny !!!!!! I have watched her show from the first show and now! I WILL FOLLOW HER ON ANY SHOW SHE DOES!!!!! She TELLS IT, LIKE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU MAKE MILLIONS , YOU MADE LOT’S OF PEOPLE LAUGH, and helps to forget our own problems.

breanna larsen March 31, 2014 at 8:36 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo whyyyyyyyyyyyyy i love that show i will be soooooo sad if it ends

the Fish March 31, 2014 at 8:30 am

While I do watch her show every night it’s new you have to admit that her talent is only viable with the right comedy panelists. Some nights the comments are not really funny. Also the “talk” subjects are at the mercy of the news stories. The Bieber/Kardasian/Lohan arc has long worn out its welcome.
A new fashion of her talk show would have Ben Glieb or Jo Koy sitting in the Ed McMahon slot(she always does well roasting those two) and more celebrity guests on nightly. This speaks to a one hour format. With NBC turning the Tonight Show into SNL II will never watch it again) there is a place for the Johnny Carson style of show that worked well for Leno too.
GOOD LUCK CHELSEA AT ANOTHER NETWORK!!! I AM THINKING “LATEST HOUR W/CHELSEA” ON FOX!!!!!!!

Davidh March 31, 2014 at 8:20 am

I love her and her show it’s so funny and I’ll be sad if she leaves but understand that it’s time for her to move on.

Dennis Lessick March 31, 2014 at 3:14 am

PLEASE——–Chelsea—DO NOT end your show! After all the crap talk shows that are on TV now a days yours is the only one worth watching! You are OPEN–HONEST–and I really like your “I don’t give a sh_t attitude!” You tell it like it is and I agree with so many of your comments its unbelievable. And if Chelsea doers take on another gig—please let it be a GREAT talk show because Chelsea Handler outshines ALL these idiots who call themselves “talk-show hosts!”